Whether you’re running a small home office or a gaming powerhouse, your computer is likely your most important tool for work and play. But there’s one component that sometimes gets overlooked: the uninterruptible power supply, or UPS.
UPSs are responsible for protecting the rest of your hardware when the power goes out, but they’re also worth considering if you’re worried about a power surge or brownout damaging your computer.
Read on for our best computer UPS units.
Our Editor’s Best Computer Uninterruptible Power Supply Units Reviews
- UPS offers protection during damaging surges, spikes or power outages and USB communications for notifications and controlled shutdown with free software download
- With 8 outlets (4 surge only and 4 battery & surge outlets, 2 are widely spaced for transformer-block plugs)
- Surge protection for RJ45/11 for data line surge protection
- This Energy Star certified UPS meets eco-friendly requirements
- Has 3-year full unit coverage including battery with advanced replacement warranty
- DON'T LET A POWER OUTAGE TAKE YOU OFFLINE: PumpSpy's Battery Backup for Router and Modem reliably provides you with the ability to stay connected during a power outage. This back up battery power supply can be used as a dedicated modem and router UPS, providing power for up to six (6) hours during a loss of power. Capacity: 650VA / 360W, Input: 120V, Battery: 12V / 7Ah
- ULTIMATE UPS BATTERY BACKUP & SURGE PROTECTOR: This surge protector battery backup device features two outlets on the back that can be used exclusively for your modem or router. Moreover, the small and compact design of our UPS power supply allows for discrete storage in your home or business.
- SAFE BATTERY BACKUP POWER SUPPLY: Our battery backup surge protector contains an automatic restart function that keeps the unit charged and ready in the event of an unwelcome and unexpected loss of power. Additionally, our UPS surge protector ensures all of your connected devices will be safe from power spikes. This is a must-have addition to your arsenal of computer power supplies!
- VERSATILE AND RELIABLE UPS BACKUP: When the power goes out, our backup power supply provides reliable power for your modem and wireless router so you can maintain a network connection to all of your WiFi-connected devices when you need them most! An uninterruptible power supply with surge protection, this is the ultimate battery backup for any router, modem, computer, TV, game console, and so much more. Please note that this will not power a sump pump.
- WHY PUMPSPY: The United States is home to PumpSpy's assembly facility. Our CE-certified uninterruptible power source provides you with an uninterrupted power supply safely, effectively, easily, and reliably. For the best results, charge the battery at least six (6) hours before initial use. The unit charges its battery while connected to power.
- Standby Battery Back Up: 550 VA 300W 120V ultra-compact desktop Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) with energy-saving ECO outlets
- ECO option turns off set of three outlets when the computer is not in use
- NEMA 5-15P input plug and 8 NEMA 5-15R outlets (4 battery supported, 4 surge-only)
- USB, TEL/DSL protection, Wall mountable, Surge-only outlets & ENERGY STAR qualified
- 3-Year Limited Warranty and $100,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance for connected equipment
- No Standalone lithium batteries are sold with the product.
- Small uninterruptible power supply for power outage, compatible with router, modem, security camera, smartphone, fax machine, fingerprint recorder, DSL, ect, and can still use the network in case of power outage.
- This mini UPS has 2 ways of input, 12V DC with adapter (faster) or 5V USB (slower).
- Built-in 10000mAh 37Wh with a standard USB port, can be used as a normal power bank as well.
- Input: DC 12V or USB 5V, Output: USB 5V=2A, DC 5V=2A, 9V=2A, 12V=2A, support any current below 2A.
- 1500VA/1050W PFC Sinewave Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System provides power protection for servers, workstations, network devices, and telecom equipment requiring Active PFC power source compatibility
- EIGHT NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS: Provide battery backup and surge protection; INPUT: NEMA 5-15P right angle, 45 degree offset plug with 10 foot power cord
- ROTATABLE MULTIFUNCTION LCD PANEL: Displays immediate, detailed information on the UPS battery and power conditions, including: estimated runtime, battery capacity, load capacity, etc
- AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATION (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the UPS’ battery
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY – INCLUDING BATTERIES; $300,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Business Edition Management Software (Download)
- 1000VA/800W Smart App Sinewave Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System uses sine wave output to support Active PFC & conventional power supplies; 1U Rack Mount/Tower convertible
- 7 NEMA 5-15R OUTLETS: Six battery backup and surge protected outlets, one surge protected outlets protect servers, telecom installations, and VoIP systems; INPUT: NEMA 5-15P right angle, 45° offset right input plug with 10 FT power cord
- MULTIFUNCTION LCD PANEL: Provides immediate status and control; OPTIONAL SNMP/HTTP remote monitoring with RMCARD205 (sold separately)
- AUTOMATIC VOLTAGE REGULATION (AVR): Corrects minor power fluctuations without switching to battery power, thereby extending the life of the battery
- 3 YEAR WARRANTY INCLUDING THE BATTERIES; $400,000 Connected Equipment Guarantee and FREE PowerPanel Business Edition Management Software (Download)
- BATTERY SURGE PROTECTOR: Feel safe as you work during thunderstorms or places where power goes out frequently with this battery backup and surge protector; with 6 outlets including phone and fax, you have plenty of space for all your electronic devices.
- PROTECT YOUR ELECTRONICS: Keep your computer, phone, and modem safe from power surges with this battery backup and surge protector from Forza; any electronics that are plugged into this surge protector stay safe with 1000VA (500W) UPS.
- AUDIBLE WARNING ALARM: Always know when your power shuts down or a surge goes through your electrical with the included alarm; this alert continues to ring when your power goes out so you can save important work and turn off your computer.
- UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY: Our 500-watt battery backup plus surge protector features uninterruptible power supply of 1000 volt-amps to keep the electronics in your gaming room or home office safe; an empty battery takes 6 hours to charge to 90% power.
- AN ESSENTIAL TOOL FOR HOME: A battery backup with surge protection helps safeguard your TV from power outages and brownouts; 5 outlets include surge protection and battery backup with voltage regulation while the last outlet just provides protection against surges.
- 850VA / 450W Backup Battery power supply
- 9 Outlets (NEMA 5-15R): 6 UPS Battery Backup with Surge Protection Outlets, and 3 Surge Protector Only Outlets
- Two USB Charger Ports (2.4A shared)
- 5' Power Cord, right-angle 3-prong wall plug (NEMA 5-15P), wall-mountable, plus FREE Windows PC power-management software (Mac OS uses native "Energy Saver" Settings)
- 3-5 Year Battery Life. APC UPS replacement battery sold separately (part No. RBC17)
- Constant current mode
- High efficiency up to 90%
- Fully encapsulated with IP67 level
- Isolation class II, no F.G.
- 2 years warranty
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Patty Duke, Eric Lloyd, Piper Laurie (Actors)
- Glenn Jordan (Director) - Duane Poole (Writer) - John Philip Dayton (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Best Computer Uninterruptible Power Supply Units Buying Guide
Before choosing the best uninterruptible power supply you should consider following options:
1. Battery types: There are two main kinds of batteries used in UPS systems – lead acid and lithium.
Lithium batteries have a higher energy density, so they can provide longer runtimes. They are also lighter, so a lithium-based UPS is easier to move around.
However, lithium batteries are more expensive, and they don’t last as long as lead-based ones.
Also, lithium batteries need to be replaced every three to five years, whereas lead-based systems can last for up to 10 years.
2. Battery capacity: The battery capacity of a UPS is measured in volts/ampere hours (VAh). The higher the VAh rating, the longer the runtime.
3. On-battery runtime: This tells you how long the UPS can continue supplying power on its own batteries before the generator kicks in.
The longer the runtime, the more time you have to switch off your computer and switch on the backup system.
You can also reduce downtime by keeping your computer running on battery, while simultaneously switching on the backup system to supply power.
4. UPS rating: This tells you how much power the UPS can supply. Most UPSes have a rating between 750VA and 10,000VA. The higher the rating, the more computers the UPS can supply with power.
5. Line-interruption rate (LIR): This tells you how frequently the UPS can be interrupted before the battery is fully drained. The lower the LIR, the better.
6. Response time: This tells you the time taken for the UPS to switch from on-battery to on-grid and vice versa. The shorter the response time, the better.
7. Number of outlets: This tells you how many devices the UPS can supply with power at a single point in time. The higher the number, the better.
8. Warranty: This tells you the period for which the UPS manufacturer guarantees free replacement of the unit in case of defects.
What else you should know about computer uninterruptible power supply units
1. What is a UPS?
A UPS is a device that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source fails. A UPS differs from a generator in that it will provide near-instantaneous power by supplying energy stored in batteries, flywheels, or supercapacitors.
2. What are the benefits of using a UPS?
Some benefits of using a UPS include:
-providing backup power in case of a power outage
-protecting against power surges
-allowing you to keep working during a power outage
-preventing data loss in the event of a power outage
3. How does a UPS work?
A UPS is an uninterruptible power supply. It is a device that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source fails. A UPS differs from a standby generator in that it will provide near-instantaneous power to the load when the input power fails.
4. What are the different types of UPS systems?
The different types of UPS systems are standby, line-interactive, and online.
5. How do I choose the right UPS for my needs?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific needs of your business. However, some factors you may want to consider include the size of your business, the type of equipment you are using, your power requirements, and your budget.
On the market, there are numerous best computer uninterruptible power supply units. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best computer uninterruptible power supply units will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.