When you think about leatherwork, the first thing that comes to mind might be a round up of the best leather holsters or maybe a list of durable wallets. But leatherwork can involve so much more than just leather holsters and wallets. It’s a craft that can offer a new challenge with every project, no matter your skill level. From easy leather bracelets to more intricate leather cuffs, leatherwork is a craft that anyone can get into.
Finding the right tools for the job is key to making the most of your leatherwork experience. That’s why we decided to do some shopping for you by rounding up the best leathercraft lacing needles to help you make your own leather bracelets and cuffs.
Read on for more details on our favorite leathercraft lacing needles.
Our Editor’s Best Leathercraft Lacing Needles Reviews
- Tandy Leather 2-Prong Lacing Needle 10/pk 1190-00
- Leather craft Tool Set: you will receive 10 pieces of leather lacing needle with double holes and 1 roll of PU leather cord lace in brown color, a nice combination set for you to use together
- Material and Size Details: these leather sewing needles are made of quality steel material, the leather string cord is made of quality PU leather, stable and reliable, serving you for a long time, and the leather needle is about 2.2 inches in length, 2 mm/ 0.08 inches in width, 1 mm/ 0.04 inches in needle tail width, and the craft leather lace is about 3 mm/ 0.12 inches in width, 5 m/ 16.4 ft in length, a proper size for your use
- Softball and Baseball Glove Repair Kit: the leather craft tool set is suitable for most kinds of gloves repair, needle easy, leather rope tough, can be applied to repair beloved softball and baseball gloves, and a variety of other gardening gloves, barbecue gloves and more
- How to use: firstly, thin one end of the leather laces to about 1-1.5 mm thick, then open the head of the leather needle gently, put the 5 mm of the leather rope into the clamp, pressing the 2 ends of the head with a tool to firmly fix it, and the protruding part of the head will firmly fix the leather rope, so that the leather rope is successfully threaded into the leather needle
- Wide Range of Applications: these leather needles and faux leather strips are practical and useful, can be applied to weave bags, tie leather handles, wallets, soft leather shoes and other manual items related to leather ropes
- 🪢[SIZE] -- The length of the leather sewing needles is 56mm/2.2in, the width is 2.5mm/0.1in. This leather needles for hand sewing is suitable for flat leather rope within 3mm.
- 🪢[PREMIUM MATERIAL] -- The leather stitching needles are made of high quality steel, rust and corrosion resistance, sturdy and durable, long service life.
- 🪢[EASY TO USE] -- The leather lace needle are perfect for lacing all your craft projects. Holds securely for fast, easy, almost effortless lacing.
- 🪢[WIDE APPLICATION] -- The needle for leather hand sewing is great for lacing up shooting bags, quivers, wallets, moccasins, gloves repair, weave bags, tie leather handles, soft leather shoes and other manual items related to leather ropes.
- 🪢[PACKAGE LIST] -- You will receive 2 pieces of leather lacing needle with double holes.
- C.S. Osborne Set of 12 Leather Lacing Needles.
- Split lacing needle with 2 prongs. Tempered spring steel. Lacing may be inserted inside the clip. 2-1/2" Long.
- You will receive 12 lacing needles. Made in USA.
- 5" Needle-Eye Lacing Tool
- 5" Needle-Eye Lacing Tool
- 5" Needle-Eye Lacing Tool
- 5" Needle-Eye Lacing Tool
- 5" Needle-Eye Lacing Tool
- 【LEATHER LACING NEEDLES*4】: You will receive 2 leather needles with double holes and 2 leather needles with single holes, leather lacing needles with different numbers of holes can meet more needs; these leather sewing needles are made of high-quality steel, the leather needles are about 2.24 inches long, and the needle holes are about 3 mm, which can work perfectly with leather cords.
- 【LEATHER LACE ROPE*2】: You will receive 2 rolls of leather lace cords about 4 meters long and 0.12 inches wide, the size is suitable for your use; these leather lace cords are made of high-quality pu leather, easy to use, soft and tough leather The rope is not easy to break; the length is enough for you to use in various handicrafts.
- 【LEATHER CRAFT TOOLS SET】: 8 sharpened triangular needles with 3 sizes: 0.86*44mm*2, 1.25*52mm*2, 1.63*58mm, 1.83*70mm*2; 8 non-grounded triangular needles with 3 sizes: 0.84* 44mm*2, 1.25*58mm*2, 0.95*46mm, 1.8*70mm*2; 5 curved needles with a size of 2.5 inches; 5 curved needles with a size of 1.8*75mm; 2 random color needle bottles are provided.We provide a special instruction manual for leather needles, which is especially suitable for beginners.
- 【HOW TO USE】: First thin one end of the belt to about 1-1.5mm thick, then gently open the head of the leather needle, put the 5mm leather rope into the clip, press the two ends of the head tightly and secure it with a tool Firmly fixed, the protruding part of the head will firmly fix the leather rope, so that the leather rope can successfully penetrate the leather needle.
- 【WIDE RANGE of APPLICATIONS】: These leather needles and leather lace are very useful for weaving bags, lace-up luggage, purses, moccasins, and other leather cord-related crafting items, also for softball baseball glove repair, and a variety of other Gardening Gloves, BBQ Gloves, etc.
- 🥾 HEAVY DUTY BOAT SHOES LACING KIT - The leather is made from authentic rawhide for superior strength. These shoe laces are durable and do not break easily.
- 🥾 VERSATILE - Works great for relacing your boat shoes, men's and women's moccasins and sperrys, outdoor walking, running, riding footwear and leathercraft projects of all kinds. Also works with relacing your baseball mitts.
- 🥾 SIMPLE TO USE – The kit comes with a lacing needle that threads into the end of the leather strips for ease of use.
- 🥾 EASY SIZING - Simply lace up your footwear and trim to fit. These leather laces are 45 inches long, so you would not have to worry about not having enough.
- 🥾 A VARIETY OF COLORS - You can either match the color of your boat shoes or be playful and accentuate them with bright colors. With the wide choices of colors we offer, you can never go wrong. (This purchase comes with a pair of brown shoelaces).
- Good Material: The big eye needles are made of stainless steel, which are durable and don't break easily. These needles are practical hand tool for leather working. The needle bottle is made of rosewood and is of high quality.
- Big Eye Needle Size: There are 2 kinds of big eye needles in the package, another is a blunt big eye needle, and there are 3 sizes, each size 5.3 cm, 6cm, and 7cm. The other is a sharp big eye needle with a size of 5.2, 6, and 6.5cm.
- Leather Lacing Needles: These leather lacing needles are used for sewing leather strings. First cut the leather string into the pinhole at the end of the needle and you can use it to sew leather.
- Convenient and Durable: these leather needles are made of steel, stable and not strong or bent. And the needle tip is smooth and the hole is large enough to easily wear thick yarn without sticking.
- Wide Application: In addition to sewing leather, these big eye needles can also be used for other knitting, such as embroidery, sewing, cross stitch, etc.
- The two prongs hold 3/32" (0,2 cm) and 1/8" (0,3 cm) flat lace.
- 10 pack Package
- All Metal Needles
- Made In USA
Best Leathercraft Lacing Needles Buying Guide
Before choosing the best leathercraft lacing needle you should consider following options:
1. Steel Quality: Steel quality is the most important factor that you should consider before buying a leathercraft lacing needle. Good quality steel will result in a sharp needle and will help the needle to pierce the leather easily.
You can check the quality of steel by trying to scratch the needle with your fingernail. If the needle doesn’t leave any scratches on the steel, it means that the steel is of good quality.
2. Point Type: A good leathercraft lacing needle should have a sharp point which will help the needle to pierce the leather easily.
Try to check the point of the needle before buying it. If the needle has a sharp point, then it will be easier for you to pierce the leather with it.
3. Straight or Curve: The third thing that you should consider before buying a leathercraft lacing needle is the type of the needle.
There are two types of needles that you can choose from, straight and curve. A straight needle is more suited for straight lacing while a curved needle is more suited for curved lacing.
4. Gauge: The gauge of the needle is also very important. The higher the gauge, the thinner the needle will be.
A thinner needle will help you to pierce the leather easily but it is important to keep in mind that the thinner the needle, the lesser the strength of the needle will be.
5. Length: Another important thing that you should consider before buying a leathercraft lacing needle is the length of the needle.
The length of the needle will depend on the type of leathercraft that you are planning to do. If you are planning to do saddle stitching, then you will require a long needle.
If you are planning to do bookbinding, then you will require a shorter needle for the purpose.
6. Number of Points: Every needle has two points, one sharp and one blunt. The sharp point is used to pierce the leather while the blunt point is used to thread the needle.
Always check the number of points before buying a needle. A needle with two points is more convenient than a needle with one point.
7. Quality of Steel: The quality of the steel that is used will also affect the overall performance of the needle.
You will require a high-quality needle if you are planning to do bookbinding. If you are planning to do saddle stitching, then you can use a lower-quality needle.
8. Type of Leather: The type of leather that you are planning to pierce will also affect the type of needle that you will buy.
If you are planning to pierce thick leather with the needle, you will need a strong needle for the purpose. If you are planning to pierce thin leather, then you can use a thinner needle for the purpose.
9. Cost: The last thing that you should consider before buying a leathercraft lacing needle is the price of the needle.
There are different types of leathercraft lacing needles available in the market. You can buy a needle depending on your budget.
10. Availability: Availability is another important factor that you should consider before buying a leathercraft lacing needle.
It is important to know from where you can buy the needle. If there is only one place from where you can buy the needle, then you will have less option to choose from.
What else you should know about leathercraft lacing needles
1. What is the best type of leathercraft lacing needle for a beginner?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preferences. Some beginner leathercrafters prefer to use a blunt needle, as it is less likely to pierce the leather, while others prefer a sharp needle for precise stitching. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to experiment with different types of needles to find the one that best suits their needs.
2. How do you thread a leathercraft lacing needle?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best way to thread a leathercraft lacing needle will vary depending on the specific needle and thread being used. However, some tips on how to thread a leathercraft lacing needle include using a needle threader to help guide the thread through the needle’s eye, and using a small amount of beeswax or other lubricant on the thread to help it slide more easily through the needle.
3. What is the difference between a leathercraft lacing needle and a regular needle?
A leathercraft lacing needle is a specialized needle with a blunt tip that is used for lacing leather. A regular needle has a sharp point that is used for sewing.
4. How do you care for a leathercraft lacing needle?
I don’t know how to care for a leathercraft lacing needle.
5. What are some common problems with leathercraft lacing needles?
Some common problems with leathercraft lacing needles are that they can be difficult to thread, they can break easily, and the eye of the needle can be too small for some types of thread.
On the market, there are numerous best leathercraft lacing needles. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best leathercraft lacing needles will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.