The door is the first line of defense against the elements, pests, and burglary. It’s also the gatekeeper to energy efficiency, soundproofing, and security. Finding the right one for your home can be a daunting task, but not if you know what you’re looking for.
To help you select the right door for your needs, here are our best door latches/bolts.
Our Editor’s Best Door Latches Bolts Reviews
- Uses OEM latch featuring rubber dampening to eliminate any rattle
- Comfortable height, and 54" width allows for ample interior space
- Easy to install
- SECURITY - Dutch surface bolt for added security for doors
- SIZE - Available in 4" or 6"
- HEAVY DUTY - solid brass material to provide long lasting durability
- FINISH - Available in Matte Black or Polished Brass
- INSTALL - all mounting hardware included
- ★【Stronger & Durable】: Our barrel door slide latch lock is made of high quality heavy duty stainless steel with black finish, elegant and beautiful Look, the solid door latch also come with 10pcs stainless steel screw, rustproof, durable and wear-resisting
- ★【Size】: 9/16″(14mm) Dia Solid Bar; 6-5/16″(160mm)x1-5/8″(42mm)(L*W); Padlock Hole Dia: 3/8″(9mm) (This gate latches doesn't include padlock)
- ★【Two Installation Ways】: The door security lock can be installed on any side & direction: left, right, vertical or horizontal. If you install it on the bottom groud, you can use door latch + dust canister .
- ★【Easy to Install】: Simply fit the 90/ 180 degree door latch lock to your door frame, mark the height and mounting holes and mount to your door jam with the supplied stainless steel screws and expansion tube.
- ★【Door Locks to Keep Your Home & Family Safe】: Barrel bolt latch keep you safe and private, this solid door bolts are guaranteed to remain as good as new for a very long time. They're small, but they'll keep unwanted intruders out of your reach and can also put it in a high enough place, so that children can not reach，give your child extra protection.
- GIVE U SAFETY & PRIVACY- FATLODA heavy-duty sliding lock is upgraded from old style door bolt lock, stronger than normal sliding door lock. Extra security for your bathroom, bedroom, locker-room, gate. It's small but will hold your door shut firmly. Keep those pesty intruders away with this high quality door latch lock.
- 5 MINUTES TO INSTALL- FATLODA door security latch is upgraded with better performance and durability. Use power screwdriver and drill to mount this sliding lock on your door frame, finish DIY barrel latch lock installation less than 5 minutes. Our door slide lock is designed for security applications on doors, chests, fridge, wooden wickets, kennels, shed, room, windows and cupboards.
- STRONGER & DURABLE- FATLODA barrel lock is made of high quality stainless steel. Thickened panel, enlarged size, bold bolt. Our slide bolt latch used latest electroplating and polishing technology to ensure a perfect long lasting. Brushed nickle finish surface slide lock which improves corrosion resistance, enhance wear resistance and hardness, protects the metal surface and have a good insulation performance.
- 360 ° INSTALLATION- FATLODA barrel bolt latch is classic streamline design, precision processing, mellow and delicate, not limited by the installation angle, vertical and horizontal installation are suitable, it should be noted that door latch lock downward installation needs to be perforated on the floor. As long as you have the right installation space, you can DIY at home.
- PREMIUM SERVICE- FATLODA barrel bolt latch keep you safe and private, this solid door bolts are guaranteed to remain as good as new for a very long time. If you have any problem at all, please contact us so that we can resolve your problem.
- Works with both exterior and interior handles
- Specifically designed for the 1952-1954 Chevy pickup's
- These bolt-in kits require no welding, just minor trimming
- Features case hardened latch paws and stainless steel striker pins
- Kits are designed to retain your stock exterior and interior door handles and lock cylinders
- 1. Integrating function and decoration, adopting advanced casting technology, the appearance is simple and smooth, and exquisite
- 2. After half a million fatigue tests, no parts were damaged or defective, and passed the test of China national testing center
- 3.suitable for all kinds of high-grade places, all kinds of doors and Windows cupboard door general
- 4. The outer cover is made of high-quality aluminum alloy, with the surface brushed and the color is nickel
- 5. easy installation (including installation screw and positioning piece), left and right universal installation, horizontal installation and vertical installation can be
- Premium Material: This spring loaded latch pin is constructed of heavy duty metal, galvanized finishing protect against corrosion & rust. Bolt Diameter: 12mm/0.47inch
- Widely Use: Barrel bolt designed for security applications on back yard gate doors, shed doors, corral gates, border doors, keep animals safe in corrals or on larger properties with border gates
- Spring Action for Clear Entryway :Great for horse tailors, cattle cars, fruit trucks, or on trailers to keep things contained in the trailer
- Directions: Use on left, right, vertical or horizontal hand applications
- Can be used with one hand, opens and closes in three easy movements
- IDEAL APPLICATION; This stylish surface mount door latch is ideal for out-swinging metal and wood doors 1.125”-2” thick. The door handle is non-handed for left or right-handed doors.
- NO LOCK OUT; Includes a Night latch that features “No Lock Out” technology, eliminating the worry of accidentally locking yourself out.
- DURABILITY; Quality and durable construction ensures reliable everyday use on your storm or screen door.
- READY TO INSTALL; All installation hardware is included. The latch also has a mounting hole with 1.75” spacing. Comes with matching interior and exterior levers, with a keyed built-in deadbolt for added security.
- CLEAN SUBTLE LOOK; Matching interior and exterior finishes eliminate the need to match paint colors.
- Kit includes three Carbide Tipped Spur Bits for boring 1” edge-bore and 2-1/8” cross-bore and the 1-1/2” cross-bore for dead bolts along with a quick release adapt
- Also includes Latch and Strike templates for a finish mortise.
- Comes in a nice blow molded case.
Best Door Latches Bolts Buying Guide
Before choosing the best door latch you should consider following options:
1. Standard or Single Cylinder Locksets: These are the most common type of locksets on the market. They have one standard cylinder with a key that inserts from the exterior of the door.
The disadvantage of these locksets is that the lock itself is not very strong and can be easily broken. However, if security is not a concern for you and you are looking for a simple lock that works well, these are the perfect choice.
2. Double Cylinder Locksets: This type of lockset has two cylinders. One cylinder is situated on the exterior of the door and the other is on the interior of the door.
This is one of the strongest types of locksets on the market. A standard key is used to unlock the exterior cylinder and then a special secondary key is used to unlock the interior cylinder.
The primary benefit of a double cylinder lockset is that you can easily lock and unlock a door without worrying about keys.
3. Rim Cylinder Locksets: This type of lockset is similar to a standard lockset with the exception that the cylinder is placed at the edge of the door rather than in the middle.
This type of lockset is similar to a standard lockset with the exception that the cylinder is placed at the edge of the door rather than in the middle. This makes the lock stronger and more resistant to tampering.
4. Knob Cylinder Locksets: This type of lockset has a knob on the exterior of the door and a cylinder on the interior of the door.
These locksets are typically used to prevent the door from being opened from the outside while still allowing the door to be unlocked from the inside. This is perfect for rooms that are only used to store items or for entrances that are rarely used.
5. Exit Only Knob Cylinder Locksets: This lockset is very similar to the knob cylinder lockset with the exception that it can only be unlocked from the outside and not from the inside.
This is a common type of lockset to have installed on bathroom doors. The primary benefit of this type of lockset is that it prevents vandalism from occurring from the inside.
6. Exit Only Rim Cylinder Locksets: This is the strongest type of lockset on the market. This type of lockset has a rim cylinder on the exterior of the door and a knob on the interior of the door.
This lockset can only be unlocked from the outside and not the inside. This is considered one of the best locksets to have installed on an entrance that is used frequently.
7. Exit Only Double Cylinder Locksets: This lockset has two cylinders, one on the exterior of the door and one on the interior.
This is a very strong and effective type of lockset to have installed on an entrance that is often used. This type of lockset can only be unlocked from the outside and not the inside.
8. Threshold Locksets: This type of lockset has a fixture on the bottom of the door that has a lock. It is typically used on interior doors that are rarely used.
This is a very simple and inexpensive lockset to have installed. A major disadvantage of this type of lockset is that it does not have a knob or lever to open the door.
9. Exit Only Threshold Locksets: This lockset is similar to a threshold lockset with the exception that it can only be unlocked from the outside
What else you should know about door latches bolts
1. What is a door latch bolt?
A door latch bolt is a bolt that is used to secure a door in the closed position.
2. How does a door latch bolt work?
A door latch bolt is a type of locking mechanism that is typically used on doors. It consists of a bolt that is inserted into a hole in the door frame and is secured in place by a latch. The bolt is usually released by a knob or lever on the door.
3. What are the benefits of using a door latch bolt?
Door latch bolts offer a number of benefits over other types of door hardware. They are more secure than doorknobs, which can be easily forced open, and they are more difficult to pick than deadbolts. Additionally, door latch bolts are less likely to be damaged during a break-in attempt than other types of door hardware.
4. How do I install a door latch bolt?
Most door latch bolts are installed by first drilling a hole in the doorframe where the bolt will go. Next, a metal sleeve is inserted into the hole. The sleeve has a threaded interior, which the bolt screws into. Finally, a knob or handle is attached to the end of the bolt, so it can be easily operated.
5. What are the different types of door latch bolts?
There are many different types of door latch bolts, but the most common are deadbolts, spring bolts, and surface bolts. Deadbolts are the most secure type of door latch bolt, as they cannot be opened without a key. Spring bolts are less secure, as they can be opened with a credit card or other thin object. Surface bolts are the least secure type of door latch bolt, as they can be easily pried open with a screwdriver or other tool.
On the market, there are numerous best door latches bolts. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best door latches bolts will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.