Low strength scissors are suitable for light duty tasks such as opening packages or cutting ribbon. They are not strong enough to cut through thick materials such as cardboard or tape. Some of the renowned brands are OXO Good Grips, Fiskars Softgrip and Swiss+Tech.
Choosing the right low strength scissors is difficult as it depends on the task you want to perform. If you want to cut through thick materials, you need to look for high-strength scissors. Also, if you want to cut paper, you need to look for high-precision scissors. To make it easier to find the exact low strength scissors you’re looking for, we rounded up the best low strength scissors on Amazon, according to thousands of customer reviews.
Check out our favorite low strength scissors in the list below, and keep reading for our buying guide.
Our Editor’s Best Low Strength Scissors Reviews
- Net weight :5.68 lbs, Lift range from 4.09 inches to 15.15 inches
- With the scissor jack you can easily and quickly adjust the height of your vehicles. Thanks to the handy ratchet handle and the smooth-running spindle, changing tires is child's play from now on.
- The solid base plate also ensures a secure footing, corrosion-resistant, Strong metal construction made of steel, withstands high pressure
- Ratchet handle Saving Strength and Stable Design
- Sharp, hardened stainless steel blades for cutting performance
- Soft comfort grip handles for ease of use
- Handle designed for both right and left handed users
- 10 year limited warranty
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT - This wire-free sports bra has Innovative Motion Control cups with targeted zones for natural shaping and superb support for high-impact activities. Note: This style runs small.
- SLEEK & CHIC STYLE - Our comfortable sports bra for women shows off reinforced laminate side panels for all around support.
- RECYCLED MATERIALS - A percentage of recycled fibers used in making the fabric of this versatile sports bra.
- KEEP YOUR COOL - Champion's Double Dry technology wicks moisture away from skin all over, making this everyday bra your next workout staple.
- KEEP IT COMFORTABLE - Smooth, chafe-resistant covered band and adjustable straps keeps this sports bra soft and in place for comfort that lasts.
- UNIQUE DESIGN- The ToughBuilt pro grip shears are the new ergonomic benchmark for job site scissors. The patent pending handles envelop the thumb to deliver the cutting strength of a clenched fist.
- HEAVY-DUTY AND DURABLE- Titanium coated stainless steel blades help prevent blade separation. A serrated edge, extended tang and bolted joint improve control and durability.
- COMFORT AND CONTROL- This is the new standard of job site shears that delivers the most strength, ease, and control on every cut. 11 inches in total length. Right Handed
- BUILT TO LAST- Made from quality materials and built to last years in the field. It stands up to some of the toughest environments. Covered with our limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in material or workmanship.
- USA QUALITY CONTROL- ToughBuilt products are designed, engineered, tested, and inspected in the USA to ensure high quality. You can be sure that you're getting the toughest tools on the market.
- 【Exquisite workmanship】The blade is finely ground and the surface is polished. Unique design shows practicality. It's the perfect partner when you use it.
- 【Super Sharp Blade】The scissors are 8 inches long and the blades are about 2 inches long.Whether it is a cardboard box or a thin aluminum plate or other materials, this scissors can be handled easily. It can be used at home or at work.
- 【Multipurpose Scissors】This pair of scissors can be used not only for wire cutting, the special clip design on the handle, but also for opening bottle caps. Make your use more convenient.
- 【Oversized Handle Design】The handle is designed according to ergonomics, and the comfort is excellent. The large handle allows you to operate comfortably even with thick gloves. Cut out the perfect shape.
- 【Safety Protection】The scissors are specially designed with a safety cover. In order to protect the safety of you and your family, please cover the cover when not in use.
- High-performance Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coated blades are stronger than stainless steel.
- 3 pack includes Gray/green/Violet colors
- Reduce the amount of bacterial adhesion on the blade surface , increase the health security of the scissors
- Soft comfort grip and big handles
- PVD coated blades stay sharp beyond 100,000 cuts
- high quality：Scissors blades stay sharp beyond 100,000 cuts
- High Quality Stainless Steel,Durable and Sharp,Cutting Smoothly and Precisely， Ergonomic soft grip handle enhances Easy to Grip for Both Right and Left hands
- Perfect for all your at-home and office needs, our scissors can also be used as fabric scissors, sewing scissors, craft scissors,Student craft products scissors，Plant pruning，kitchen scissors, and more
- Measures approximately 8.3 by 3.0 by 0.4 inches; Sturdy Sharp Scissors keep out of reach of children
- If you're anything less than amazed by product, you can return it no-questions-asked for a 100% refund.
- Contoured handles designed to fit your hand
- Softgrip handles for added comfort
- Scissor length 8 inches
- G.S Instruments Are Just Sold By G.S Online Store
- Gauranteed Satisfaction And Value For Money
- Rounded Ends
- Made In Stainless Steel
- Same As Picture
- Premium waterproof full-grain leather upper
- Breathable waterproof membrane with moisture wicking mesh lining. Removable full-cushioned low density PU footbed molds to your foot
- Dynamic cushioning midsole resists compression for long-lasting comfort. Rubber lug outsole grips the ground
- Direct-attach Construction is durable and trusted
- Nylon shank adds extra strength
Best Low Strength Scissors Buying Guide
Before choosing the best low strength scissors you should consider following options:
1. Size and Strength: While you may be looking for a pair of scissors that isn’t too heavy and won’t cut too much, you also want to make sure that you get a pair that will be able to handle most jobs.
One of the easiest ways to determine the strength of a pair of scissors is to look at the materials they are made from. Stainless steel is a great option as it is strong but also resistant to corrosion. You will also want to make sure that the blades are made from a high-quality steel.
A great option is to look for scissors that are made from either 420 or 440 grade steel. The higher the grade number, the stronger the steel.
2. Size: We already mentioned that you don’t want to get a pair of scissors that is too heavy, but you also don’t want them to be too small.
If you are looking for a pair of scissors to cut fabric, you will likely want to get a pair that has short blades. If you are looking to cut paper, a longer blade will work best.
If you are shopping online, make sure to check the dimensions of the pair you are considering to make sure they will fit your needs.
3. Cutting Capacity: While you don’t want a pair of scissors that will cut too much, you also don’t want a pair that will be unable to handle most jobs.
To test this, hold the scissors in an open position and then close them and hold them in place. If the blades move freely, the scissors will be able to cut a wide variety of materials without a problem.
4. Number of Blades: Some scissors have one blade, and some have two. If you are looking for a pair of scissors for a specific job, you may want to consider which will work best.
Scissors with one blade are typically better for cutting paper, while scissors with two blades are often better for cutting fabric.
5. Cost: While it is important to get a pair of scissors that are the right size and strength for your needs, you also want to make sure you get a pair that fits within your budget.
While you can find some very high-end scissors for a good price, you can also find some good options for a much lower price point.
6. Design: While it might seem like a small detail, you may want to consider the design of the scissors you are considering.
Some have a straight edge, while others have a rounded edge. If you are planning on cutting a lot of paper, you may want to go with a pair that has a straight edge.
If you are planning on cutting fabric, you may want to go with a pair that has a curved edge.
7. Look and Feel: While you want to find a pair of scissors that will work for your specific needs, you also don’t want to overlook the look and feel of the scissors.
Some people prefer a pair of scissors with a traditional look and feel, while others may prefer an updated look.
While it may not seem like a big deal, it is important to make sure you get a pair of scissors that you feel comfortable using.
What else you should know about low strength scissors
1. What are some of the best low strength scissors?
Some of the best low strength scissors are the Fiskars Softgrip Low Strength Scissors, the Westcott Low Strength Scissors, and the Gingher Low Strength Scissors.
2. What are some of the best ways to use low strength scissors?
Some of the best ways to use low strength scissors are to cut paper, to cut thin cardboard, or to cut string.
3. What are some of the best materials to use low strength scissors on?
Some of the best materials to use low strength scissors on are paper, cloth, and ribbon.
4. How do I care for my low strength scissors?
To care for your low strength scissors, you will need to regularly oil and sharpen them.
5. How do I sharpen my low strength scissors?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the best way to sharpen low strength scissors may vary depending on the type and size of the scissors. However, some general tips on sharpening scissors may include using a sharpening stone, honing with a steel, or using a professional sharpening service.
On the market, there are numerous best low strength scissors. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best low strength scissors will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.