Manual back massager is an electric or battery-operated device designed to relieve back pain. It works by massaging the area of the back where the pain is located. Manual back massagers are often used in conjunction with other treatments, such as exercise and stretching, but they can also provide relief on their own. Some of the renowned brands are Hitachi, Panasonic, and HoMedics.
Choosing the right manual back massager is difficult as there are many different types and brands available on the market. However, it is important to select a massager that is specifically designed to relieve back pain. To make it easier to find the exact manual back massager you’re looking for, we rounded up the best manual back massagers on Amazon, according to thousands of customer reviews.
Check out our favorite manual back massagers in the list below, and keep reading for our buying guide.
Our Editor’s Best Manual Back Massagers Reviews
- SCIENTIFICALLY ENGINEERED: Scientific Design & Attractive Color, Fits naturally into the Palm for ease of use
- FOR ALL OVER THE BODY: Ideal for soft tissue, trigger point and full body massage, provides deep stimulation
- IDEAL DEISGN: Legs with knobs angled ideally, Provide easy gliding for deeply relaxing massage
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Fits naturally into the palm for easy and comfortable grip
- STRONG DURABLE AND WASHABLE: Can also be used in conjunction with creams and oils
- The Original Trigger Point Tool - Trigger points are tight, tender, contracted muscle fibers, which cause pain. Using a Body Back Buddy to apply sustained pressure to a trigger point can interrupt the pain-spasm cycle. When you release the pressure, you will feel the muscle relax as fresh oxygenated blood flows in.
- 2 Hooks Are Better Than 1- The 2 hooks and 11 knobs (in 3 different shapes) were created to alleviate pain and soreness across the entire body. Unlike single muscle hook designs, the two hooks on the Body Back Buddy let you apply more leverage to more parts of the body. The 3 different shapes include acorns for deep tissue, round for gliding over larger muscle groups, and nubs for the lower back.
- Full Body Pain Relief - Designed to be the only massage tool you need to achieve fast, simple relief for your whole body. More than just a shoulder massager, the Body Back Buddy is built to directly target pressure points throughout the body located in the back, neck, shoulders, legs, feet, and thighs.
- Won't Bend or Break - The sturdy one piece construction is lab tested to be up to 30% stronger than other therapy canes. You can see and feel the difference. No assembly required. Ships to you ready to use out of the box.
- Proudly Made in the USA - Every Body Back Buddy is made in Knoxville, TN from materials sustainably sourced in the U.S. Built to last, every Body Back Buddy is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee. If not completely satisfied, contact our U.S. based support team.
- INTUITIVE ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The Selfie Massager’s beautifully sculptured line and curves is the perfect marriage of form and function. Unlike other massage therapy tools which tend to be either basic and toy-like or over-sized with too many knobs and handles, the Selfie Massager was designed to be the ultimate massage tool since each therapy node and spike can be used on every part of the body from the neck to the feet. Only your imagination is standing in the way of this tool’s versatility.
- ALLEVIATE MUSCLE KNOTS OR TRIGGER POINTS - The Selfie Massager is the ideal muscle massage tool for bringing relief to a patch of muscles in spasm (knots) or trigger points. By applying pressure to the affected muscle patch, blood circulation is stimulated bringing in more oxygen and nutrients for faster muscle relief and recovery. There are a myriad of trigger points throughout the body located in the neck, shoulders, back, torso, thigh/hips, legs and feet.
- IDEAL SIZE , DIMENSION AND WEIGHT -The Selfie Massager weighs less than a pound. When used on a consistent basis, anything over a pound can easily fatigue the arms and hands diminishing the accuracy and pressure applied to the affected muscle group impeding recovery and healing. Also, the awkward handle shape and positioning on many popular massagers can make it difficult to operate for those with limited range in mobility. Our design addresses those issues.
- BPA, PBDE, TBBPA FREE & ECO FRIENDLY - The Selfie Massager is made with eco-friendly components that are BPA, PBDE, TBBPA free so it is safe to use in the water or shower. The environmentally sound plastic is also hypoallergenic so there is little risk of an allergic reaction during prolonged contact with the skin. We take great care in bringing to you the finest trigger point massager that not only promotes your well-being but that of the environment as well.
- ❤ ADJUSTABLE MASSAGER HEAD: Size: 14×7.21inch. The handle is made of PP material and the head is made of TPR material. The head of this massager can be adjusted and you can adjust to a suitable angle for massage. Then you can achieve the best massage effect according to different strengths.
- ❤ CONVENIENT & FLEXIBLE: Trigger Point Therapy - The size of this back massager is perfect for you to hold in your hand, and it will give you a more comfortable experience when you massage your back. Its sturdy design won’t flex or bend, allowing for maximum control & pressure.
- ❤ BODY MASSAGE: This Self Massage Tool can be used not only on the back, shoulders, legs and feet. Its unique design makes it unrestricted by body parts. Ergonomic massage cane design targets hard-to-reach muscle aches and pains specifically in the neck, back and shoulders
- ❤ TRIGGER POINT THERAPY: Pain and fatigue at every location of the body could be massaged through contact points, and the lightweight and unique structural design allows you to use it to accurately find the pain points of your body.
- ❤ IDEAL SELF MASSAGE TOOL: You can use it in the office, at home, shopping, sports, when you are tired or when you feel back pain because of work, this massager helps you to relieve muscle pain or fatigue and have a good day.
- Full Body Massage: The four trigger point manual massage tool can massage for the whole body. You can control the strength of massage you need to relieve muscles pain, stiffness and soreness.
- Ergonomic Design: The palm shaped manual back massager deep tissue can fit human hands well, you can grasp the middle part or the edges to apply force of massage for back, neck, thighs, legs and feet.
- Acupressure Massage: The pressure point massage tool can be focused on massage for small acupoint, because other large massagers cannot touch precisely. The manual neck massager is suitable for who needs massage but cannot use electric massagers, like who has a heart pacemaker or is pregnant.
- Portable Mini Size: The dimensions of the manual back massager for back pain is 3.3*4.5*4.8 inches, 5 ounces. You can take the small manual massage tool for back in pocket or bag and relax with the neck massager for pain relief deep tissue everywhere.
- Durable & Washable: The handheld manual back massager is made of high-quality plastic, has long service life. You can clean the mini self massage tool easily, by rinse with water or wipe with tissue.
- MASSAGE BALL ROLLER: 10 independently rolling massage balls work together to stimulate circulation, reduce tightness, ease tension, provide pain relief and relax the body
- HANDHELD BACK MASSAGER: Wooden massage balls can handle the maximum pressure and leverage needed for an effective back pain relief solution for sore muscles
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Curved handle fits perfectly into the palm of your hand for easy control and flexibility - comfort grip also helps to limit hand and wrist fatigue when using on yourself or a partner
- DEEP TISSUE: Muscle massager can dig deep to effectively target and isolate larger muscle groups – back, arms and legs
- GAIAM RELAX: Relaxation is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle to rejuvenate both mind and body from the stresses we encounter every day. Decrease muscle tension, reduce anxiety and improve overall well-being with Gaiam Relax.
- Revitalizing Wood Massage Tools – Soothe back pain and relieve sore muscles naturally with wood therapy! This roller for muscles relaxes your cervical, back and lumbar spine, giving much-needed relief
- Helps Improve Skin Texture - Using this wood roller stimulates lymphatic drainage, which aids in breaking down cellulite. In turn, it supports proper blood flow. So, your skin receives oxygen and other nutrients needed to keep it firm and tight.
- All-Around Wood Therapy Massage Tools – Each multi-functional back roller massager benefits your overall wellness. Use this wooden massage roller as a neck massager, shoulder massager or as a muscle roller for legs, arms and other body parts.
- Made of Natural Wood - The long-lasting strength of natural beech wood makes our handheld massager a cut above the rest. Each stroke feels so good and won’t scratch your skin, making this wooden massage tool a must for maderotherapy.
- Finely Crafted Self-Care Essential - Give yourself a relaxing massage any time with this muscle roller. One of the most widely used self care gifts, this easy to use roller for back helps deliver physically soothing benefits in the morning, at night or whenever needed.
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Ergonomic massage cane design targets hard-to-reach muscle aches and pains specifically in the neck, back and shoulders
- Extra firm drop tip provides precise pressure for eliminating deep tissue knots and muscle soreness
- Double massage ball design effectively releases tight muscles surrounding the spine
- Versatile and simple-to-use massage tool for athletes, desk workers, travelers, seniors or anyone who suffers from muscular aches and pains
- 【Relax and Relieve pain】 --- Meridian Treatment, Relax the body and relieve pain by pressing acupoints and lymph nodes. Use this with massage oil on back, helped with the numbness and swelling.
- 【Smooth skin and Reduce love handles】--- Roller massage beads increase blood circulation to the surface of skin. If you can insist and endure the initial pain, your back skin will look especially smooth after working for a while . Reduce love handles without adding extra work.
- 【Self-massage tool】---The massage roller will relax without the need for help when you feel tension on your back or other parts of your body, it allows to rub the areas on back that can not reach.
- 【Strong thread bead】---It is an improved version of the strong thread bead massage roller. The roller itself is very sturdy. We noticed that needed a larger roller for deep tissue massage, so we increased the size of the roller to 3.5cm and threaded it , smoothly. It would be a great multi-trigger point massage.
- 【Easy to carry】--- Handmade beads, no need to worry about skin damage. Portable, very easy to carry, you don't need to spend more money to get a massage therapist.
- ☞Pain And Stress Relief: Mad at muscle sore, joint pain and body aches? Our roller ball is designed to relieve and reduce sore. This self massager will release you from muscle pain and mental pressure after a long time’s work or study, speed up recovery of aching muscles in deep sleep, too.
- ☞Cute Size Easy To Carry: This massage gloves has a mini size of 6.3" x 5.9" L x W (fits most hand sizes). Ball diameter: 1.5cm/0.6oz. It’s so lightweight and small, that can be easily put into bags. You can bring it to home, office and anywhere you want.
- ☞Usages of Wide Range: The palm shaped massage roller is suitable for any point of your body, it can work well as a massager for neck, back, foot, legs, muscle, arms, hands and so on. It’s Best for full body care and blood circulation,greatly benefits your health.
- ☞High Quality Materials: The back of this handheld massager is made of durable soft pvc brushes, which could also massage your palm while massaging. 9 steel rolling balls can be flexibly rotated in 360 degrees that can massage every corner of your body.
- ☞ NOTE:1.To extend its service life, you’d better put it in a dry place after using it. 2.Do not use it too frequently. Slowly increasing the use can give you a better feeling.
Best Manual Back Massagers Buying Guide
Before choosing the best manual back massager you should consider following options:
1. Ease of Use: Manual back massagers are easy to use. You just have to move the massager back and forth on the areas of your back that you want to massage.
2. Cost: Manual back massagers are cheaper than other types of back massagers. A good manual massager can cost $20 or less.
3. Portable: Manual back massagers are portable. You can pack them in your suitcase and use them on the road.
4. Effective: Many people swear by the effectiveness of manual back massagers.
5. Durability: A good manual back massager will last for years.
6. Speed: You can apply the right amount of pressure to your back with a manual back massager.
7. Convenience: Manual back massagers are easy to use and convenient. You can use them anywhere you want.
8. Variety: You can find manual back massagers in various shapes and sizes.
What else you should know about manual back massagers
1. What are the benefits of using a manual back massager?
There are many benefits to using a manual back massager, including:
-Reduced muscle tension
-Reduced stress and anxiety
-Improved range of motion
2. How do I choose the best manual back massager for my needs?
There are many different types of manual back massagers available on the market. It is important to choose one that is designed for the specific area of the body that you would like to target. For example, if you are looking for a massager for your lower back, you should choose one that is specifically designed for that area. There are also massagers available that can be used on multiple areas of the body. It is important to read the product descriptions carefully to ensure that the massager you choose is right for you.
3. What are some tips for using a manual back massager?
Here are some tips for using a manual back massager:
1. Start with a light pressure and gradually increase the pressure as desired.
2. Apply the massage to the entire back, including the neck and shoulders.
3. Use circular, kneading, and/or tapping motions.
4. Avoid massage if the person has any open wounds or broken skin.
5. Drink plenty of water after the massage to help flush out toxins.
4. How often should I use a manual back massager?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on individual needs and preferences. Some people may find that using a manual back massager daily provides relief from pain and tension, while others may only need to use it a few times a week. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to experiment with different frequencies of use to see what works best for them.
5. Are there any precautions I should take when using a manual back massager?
There are no specific precautions that need to be taken when using a manual back massager. However, it is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before using any type of massage device, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.
On the market, there are numerous best manual back massagers. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best manual back massagers will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.