Our Editor’s Best Network Cable Testers Reviews
- Cable tester with single button testing of RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 terminated voice and data cables
- Tests CAT3, CAT5e and CAT6/6A cables
- Fast LED responses indicate cable status (Pass, Miswire, Open-Fault, Short-Fault, and Shield)
- Test remote stores securely in tester body
- Compact tester easily fits in your pocket
- TEST TERMITED CABLES CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT6A (RJ45) and patch cords
- LARGE BACKLIT LCD for low lit areas displays pin to pin wiremap results
- VERSATILE test for open, short, miswire or split-pair faults, cross-over and shield
- EASY-TO-IDENTIFY test responses, intuitive and simple three button feature
- TONE on single wire, wire pair or all 8 conductor wires
- Automatically runs all tests and checks for continuity, open, shorted and crossed wire pairs. Visible LED status display.
- Cable state testing (2-wire): Line DC detecting, anode and cathode determination,Ringing signal detecting open, short and cross circuit testing
- Cable Type: RJ11 Telephone cable and RJ45 LAN cable
- Connectors: Ethernet Cat 5, Ethernet Cat 5e, Ethernet Cat 6, Ethernet Cat 7, RJ11 6P and RJ45 8P
- Power Source: DC9V Battery Required (not included)
- Main Function : Detecting PoE voltage, current, power, PSE standards Power supply modes, Verify RJ45 cables
- 1. Three scan modes selectable: AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode
- 2. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V). Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable.
- 3. Measure cable length accurately , the range is 120m.
- 4. Hub blink for locating network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- Cable tester tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) terminated cables with clearly defined results
- Measure cable length up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with multiple style tone generator (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold separately)
- 🔎【Digital cable scanning】NF-8209 lan cable tester is a new generation to offer AC filter and analog signaling all in one network toner and probe. It has three modes for options to track cable like AC filter mode, analog mode and PoE mode.
- 🔎【Fault distance location】Rj45 cable tester measure cable length and locate fault distance accurately for lan cable. the range is 200m.That means it's equipped with the most powerful cable location technologies for any work environment.
- 🔎【Multi Function】Network cable tester kit includes cable length measurement , cable faults testing, PoE testing, hub blink and NCV function, all these makes it a must-tool for cabling engineers.
- 🔎【PoE information testing & Hub blink】 Identify which pins are providing power and detect how much voltage, identify which the type of PSE (at/af standard).Locate network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M Hub/ switch.
- 🔎【Cable continuity testing & NCV】Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V).
- ● ▶【Three scan modes】NF-8209 network cable tester supports AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode.
- ● ▶【PoE testing】The PoE Tester can test the information of standard PoE device, such as POE voltage, power supply polarity, power supply mode and also the type of PSE(af or at standard).
- ● ▶【Hub blink】This network cable tester Locate network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- ● ▶【Length measurement】Cable length testing accuracy of rj45 wire tracer can be up to 98% and 200 m.
- ● ▶【Cable continuity testing & NCV】Ethernet network tester can test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V).
- 👉The Network cable tester can test the on-off, short-circuit, crossover, and crosstalk of network cables and video cables, and the LCD display is more intuitive.
- 👉Test the idle, ringing, busy status of the telephone line and the polarity test of the telephone line.
- 👉 Our ethernet cable tester can test the length and breakpoint of network cables and video cables. One end is inserted into the primary interface on the top, and the other end does not need to be connected to any equipment.
- 👉 No noise interference tracking function can find network cable, telephone line, video cable, and various cables. Two hunt modes, POE/normal tracking can be switched at will, POE test can test the voltage and status of POE switch.
- 👉 Port flashing function, by observing the flashing frequency of the LED lights on the switch/router, you can quickly find the wire head corresponding to the switch.
- Easy to operate and smooth appearance.It can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip.
- Fast to locate the breakpoint without wire's cover damage, Find wire on all types of connected operating Ethernet switch /Router/PC terminal. Perfect for tracking RJ11, RJ45, cables or other metal wire (via adapter)；And also with the Battery（10V-110V） positive and negative measurements function
- There will be a portable toolkit sent togrther with the cable tester,very small and easy to carry to anywhere you want to go.
- Light touch switch,saving energy and power.Select "SCAN", the "STATUS" indicator and the "VERIFY" indicator will flash at the same time when the cell voltage is below 6V. It will automatically switch off while not using, which can prolong the service life of the cell to more than 50 hours.
- Headset to fit the noisy environment.In a noisy environment, you can put on the earphones to accurately find the target cable through comparing the strength of "beep beep" sound. Adjust the volume knob to make the volume proper and avoid being interfered. At night or in a dark environment, you can turn on the illuminating lamp, which can be helpful during operating.
- 【What You Get】1 RJ45 Crimp Tool with 20PCS RJ45 Cat5 Connectors, 20PCS Covers,1 Ethernet Cable Tester and 1 Network Wire Stripper.
- 【Professional RJ45 Crimper】Strips,cuts and crimps cable for 6 and 8 position modular plugs/connectors (RJ45, RJ11/RJ12).
- 【Wide Application】Precision Crimping dies was made of high-carbon steel for Any Ethernet or Telephone Cable.
- 【Durable and Safe】 Fast, reliable ethernet crimp tool with steel body construction for durability with ergonomic comfort grips. Ratchet safety-release and a blade-guard on cutting and stripping knives reduce risk of injury.
- 【After Sales Service】Your will enjoy 7*24 hours Customer Service of Cat5 Cat5e Crimper Tool Kit. Any questions, please contact us directly, we will make you satisfied.
Best Network Cable Testers Buying Guide
Before choosing the best network cable tester you should consider following options:
1. Cable type: The first thing you need to know is what type of cable you are testing. There are two main types:
Fiber optic: This is made up of a core of glass or plastic that is surrounded by a coating of strength members, known as a jacket.
Coated: Also known as ‘twisted pair’ cable, this is made up of two copper wires that are surrounded by a plastic coating.
Different types of cable will require different testing methods. For example, with fiber optic cables you will need to use an OTDR (optical time domain reflectometer) while with coated cables you might use a TDR (time domain reflectometer).
2. Cable length: The length of cable you are testing will also have an effect on the test you are doing. A longer length of cable will produce a lower reflected signal than a shorter length.
This means you will need to adjust your settings accordingly.
3. Cable condition: It is important to know the condition of the cable you are testing. If it is damaged it won’t produce a good reflection.
The cable tester should be able to recognize this and give you a warning.
4. Test speed: It is important to know how long the test will take. The speed at which the test is conducted will depend on the type of cable and the length of the cable.
Coated cables will generally produce a quicker result than fiber optic cables.
5. Cost: There are different types of cable testers available, with varying prices. You will also need to take into account the costs of additional equipment if required.
6. Accessories: The type of accessories the tester comes with will also have an impact on its cost. Some testers come with all the accessories you need, while others require you to purchase additional pieces of equipment.
7. Detection method: There are two main detection methods: bridge and ratio.
With the bridge detection method, the tester produces a reference signal and then compares it to the reflected signal.
With the ratio detection method, the tester produces a reference and reflected signal, then measures the ratio between the two signals.
8. Standards: It is important to know which standards your cable tester supports. Not all testers support the same standards, so it is important that your tester supports the standards you require.
9. Warranty: The warranty period will determine the quality of the product. If the manufacturer offers a short warranty period, chances are the quality of the product is low and it won’t last for very long.
10. Customer support: It is important to know what kind of support you will get from the manufacturer. The best way to do this is to read customer reviews, as well as looking at the length of warranty.
What else you should know about network cable testers
1. What are the best network cable testers?
There are many different network cable testers on the market, and it really depends on your specific needs as to what is the best fit for you. If you need a basic cable tester that just tests for continuity, then a simple multimeter can suffice. If you need a more advanced tester that can test for crosstalk, wire map, and length, then you may want to consider a tester from a company like Fluke Networks.
2. What features do cable testers offer?
Some cable testers offer features such as the ability to test for continuity, the ability to test for proper wiring, the ability to test for AC or DC voltage, the ability to test for signal strength, and the ability to test for interference.
3. How do cable testers work?
A cable tester is a device used to verify the electrical connections in a cable or other wired assembly. A basic cable tester consists of a voltmeter, ammeter, and series of test leads with alligator clips.
4. What are the benefits of using a cable tester?
The benefits of using a cable tester are that it can help to ensure that the cables are correctly connected, it can help to identify any faults in the cables, and it can help to improve the performance of the system.
5. How do I choose the right cable tester for my needs?
There are a few considerations you should take into account when choosing a cable tester:
1. What type of cables do you need to test? There are different testers for different types of cables, so you’ll need to make sure you get a tester that’s compatible with the cables you need to test.
2. How many cables do you need to test at a time? Some testers can only test one cable at a time, while others can test multiple cables simultaneously.
3. How much detail do you need? Some testers will only tell you if a cable is working or not, while others will give you more detailed information about the cable, such as the length, wire gauge, and so on.
4. What features do you need? Some testers come with additional features, such as the ability to store test results, print them out, or connect to a computer.
On the market, there are numerous best network cable testers. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best network cable testers will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.