This Optics Kit for Kids by Learning Resources includes a binocular, a kaleidoscope, a magnifying glass, and a spot light, all made of durable plastic. The binoculars have precision-ground lenses and have a magnifying lens on the other end, so they can be used for both looking at the details of things up close and getting a wider perspective on things further away. The lenses on the kaleidoscope are made of glass and the object being viewed is projected onto a screen, so it’s easier for small hands to hold and operate. The magnifying glass has a precision-ground lens that makes the object being viewed appear closer and clearer, and the spot light has a fixed lens that allows the user to cast light on a specific spot.
What sets this kit apart from other optics kits is that all the pieces are designed with kids in mind. The binoculars and kaleidoscope are lightweight and have grips on the ends so they can be held up to the eyes and operated with just one hand. The magnifying glass has a large, non-slip handle and a protective cover on the lens and the spot light has a strap so it can be worn around the neck and used like a flashlight.
Our Editor’s Best Science Classroom Optics Kits Reviews
- Physical Teaching Equipment: The Concave/ Convex lencan effectively explain the knowledge of optics with experiments.
- : The optical glass is made of premium acrylic, professional and durable, and.
- Science classroom optics kits: The Concave convex lens set to show different aspects of lenses and light passing through and bending.
- Application: The Optical Lens can be used in scientific experiments and classroom demonstrations. Perfect for labs use.
- Size: 6. 50X3. 00X2. 00 cm/ 2. 55X1. 18X0. 79 inch. You can do optical experiments and demonstrate optical principles and effects for kids.
- MULTIPLE SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS IN ONE KIT: Steve Spangler's Big Bucket of Science contains our most popular experiments!
- CREATE YOUR OWN SCIENCE LAB: Steve Spangler's Big Bucket of Science is a one gallon bucket containing test tubes of over 10 Steve Spangler Lab originals!
- SO MANY FUN SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS: Steve Spangler's Big Bucket of Science features favorites such as Insta-Snow, Energy Beads, Jelly Marbles, and Magic Sand.
- HOURS OF SCIENTIFIC EXPLORATION: With Steve Spangler's Big Bucket of Science, you will have hours of science experiments at your fingertips with many choices for a fun science experiment!
- LEARN MULTIPLE SCIENCE CONCEPTS: Steve Spangler's Big Bucket of Science features scientific principles like polymers, hydrophobic materials, and UV-sensitivity in one science experiment kit!
- TWO MICROSCOPES IN ONE! Use the lower LED lights to view biological specimens on slides or switch over to the upper lights to examine 3D objects in intricate detail. The perfect STEM activity for boys and girls.
- OVER 50 ACCESSORIES INCLUDED – Explore a curated set of 10 prepared slides with a range of biological specimens, then create your own with the included blank slides and covers, tweezers, and an eye-dropper. This complete kit also includes a Petri dish for plant labs, a mini geode, and more!
- POWERFUL LEARNING TOOL - This microscope features two sets of optical glass lenses providing 20x and 50x magnification, and is easy to operate making learning fun and accessible for young scientists. Kids science experiments have never been so fun!
- BRINE SHRIMP EXPERIMENT INCLUDED – Track the life cycle of brine shrimp with the complete included experiment! Includes hatchery station, shrimp eggs, petri dish, and lab manual. Includes a detailed, full-color STEM learning guide.
- HIGH-QUALITY EDUCATIONAL TOYS - National Geographic is proud to make the highest quality hands-on science toys, and all our products are backed by exceptional service.
- Lens Material: acrylic.Preferred materials, good quality, safe, durable and practical.Batteries Needed: 2 pieces AAA batteries (NOT included for safety)
- Three Way Linear Light Source can be adjusted by using a screwdriver to adjust the direction of light.
- Optical Experiments:refraction of light, convex lens refraction, lens refraction, prismatic refraction, plane mirror reflection, diffuse reflection, convex mirror reflection, concave mirror reflection, etc.
- Package Including:3x Biconvex Lens;1x Single Concave Lens;1x Acrylic Glass Tile;1x Single Convex Lens;1x Double Concave Lens;1x Triangular Prism;1x Three Way Linear Light Source;1x Multifunctional Reflector;1x Color box;1x English Color page manual.
- The Physics Optical Experiment Set will give your child a deeper understanding of physical optics and make learning easier and more enjoyable!
- Makes the study of light and color fun and unforgettable
- Features highly efficient embossed Holographic Optical Elements
- Used for the direct viewing and analysis of spectra from different gas tubes and other light sources
- Spectrum produced from our gratings is the brightest possible with a minimum of distracting visual noise
- Great for overhead projector or 35mm slide projectors
- Happy Learning: Our Three- way Semiconductor Source Apparatus has experiments with hands- on learning instructions. Educate through fun and cultivate scientific knowledge.
- Optical Understanding: Our Teaching Instruments vividly demonstrates the principle of light reflection, making it easier for students to understand.
- Simple Operation: Our Three Light Source Apparatus is easy to operate, which improves teaching interest. Suitable for physics classroom use.
- Quality Assurance: Our three light source apparatus are made of high- quality materials, durable, lightweight, easy to carry, light reflection demonstration, deepen students understanding of light reflection.
- Wide Range of Applications: Our Optic Tools are very widely used, reflection, diffraction and refraction kits used to study how light propagates.
- A Great GIFT FOR BOYS And GIRLS: A science kit to learn the basic circuit principles and investigate electricity and magnetism by doing experiments with 50 Items including a 40-pages full-color manual. Gift ideas for birthdays, children's day and Christmas
- FUNNY EDUCATIONAL TOYS: A electromagnetism set for high school students (Grade 10,11,12) to enhance electricity and magnetism lessons from physics class
- FAMILY ACTIVITIES FOR PARENTS WITH KIDS, both boys and girls: Easy enough for junior students (Grade 7,8,9) and kids to explore in advance and get interested in physics science
- DISCOVERY WITH PHYSICS SCIENCE: The clearly illustrated manual encourages critical thinking by asking you questions before and after doing the experiments
- REAL LEARNING RESOURCES: 18 chapters with interesting projects: Fruit Battery, Electric Bell Making and Hand Crank Generator
- Material: Optical Glass
- Size: length about 3.15inch-3.26inch, thickness:0.39 inch
- The refractive index of Lens made of optical glass is better than those made of acrylic.
- Good for demonstrating optical principles and effects for students.
- Quantity: 2PCS
- SPHERICAL || Each lens is spherical in shape and measures 2" (50mm) in diameter
- FOCAL LENGTH VARIETY || Converging and diverging focal lengths in 200mm, 300mm and 500mm
- OPTICALLY WORKED GLASS || Made of high quality, optically worked glass. Highly polished with ground edges
- GREAT FOR PHYSICS CLASSROOMS || This optically true lens set is excellent for physics classroom demonstrations in optics and light refraction
- Use this triangular prism to split a beam of light into its spectral components (the colors of the rainbow).
- Side Length: 1.38 inch / 35mm, More Than Average Width, Stable Handheld.
- Show your kids a rainbow, or have photography fun.
- Material: optic glass, not plastic.
- With AMLONG CRYSTAL Authentic Brand Logo Box, Fully Protected Package.
Best Science Classroom Optics Kits Buying Guide
Before choosing the best science classroom optics kit you should consider following options:
1. Laser Pointer: The first item that you should buy is a laser pointer. It is an essential device for teachers because it is used to point out specific things during a lecture.
You can find various types of laser pointers in the market. It is recommended to buy a laser pointer that has a focusable beam and a replaceable battery.
You can get such a laser pointer from $20 to $100. Some of the popular manufacturers that produce laser pointers are Aglaser, Greenlaser and Hongda.
2. Microscope: A microscope is another essential equipment that a science teacher should have in his/her classroom.
You can find two types of microscopes: optical and digital. The digital microscope is the most popular one.
A digital microscope consists of a lens and a digital camera. You can take photos, record videos and make annotations on the captured image.
There are various types of digital microscopes available in the market. The most popular ones are the USB and webcam microscopes.
The USB microscope is easy to use, but the image quality is not that great.
The webcam microscope produces high-quality images, but it is a bit complicated to use. You have to install the microscope on your computer and then use the software that comes along with it.
You can get a microscope from $60 to $1000. The most popular manufacturers that produce digital microscopes are Leica, DIC and Nikon.
3. Microscope Slide: A microscope slide is an important accessory that every science teacher must have. It comes in handy during experiments.
The standard size of a microscope slide is 25x75mm. You can get a pack of 100 slides for $15 to $35.
Some of the popular manufacturers that produce microscope slides are Polysciences and Schmidlin.
4. Goniometer: A goniometer is used to measure angles. It is an important device for teachers so that they can show students how to measure angles accurately.
You can get a goniometer from $30 to $100. Some of the popular manufacturers that produce goniometers are Triton and Gio.
5. Measuring Graduated Cylinder: A measuring graduated cylinder is used to measure mass. It is one of the most important items that every science teacher should have.
You can purchase a measuring graduated cylinder for $20 to $40. Some of the most popular manufacturers that produce measuring graduated cylinders are Drolab and Mitutoyo.
6. Objectives: An objectives is a must-have accessory for every science teacher. It is used to show a particular image from various angles.
There are various types of objectives available in the market. The most popular ones are the dissectible objectives and the dissectible trinocular.
You can purchase a dissectible objective from $30 to $60. Some of the most popular manufacturers that produce dissectible objectives are Leica and Nikon.
7. Measuring Tape: A measuring tape is another must-have accessory for every science teacher. It is used to measure different objects in the classroom.
You can get a measuring tape from $10 to $20. Some of the most popular manufacturers that produce measuring tapes are Stanley and Craftline.
8. Rotary Trimmer: A rotary trimmer is an essential device for a science teacher because it is used for cutting different objects.
You can purchase a rotary trimmer for $20 to $40.
What else you should know about science classroom optics kits
1. What are the most popular science classroom optics kits?
There are many different types of optics kits available for science classrooms, but some of the most popular ones include kits for building telescopes, microscopes, and binoculars. These kits usually come with everything needed to assemble theoptical instrument, including lenses, mirrors, and other optical components.
2. What are the best science classroom optics kits for teaching about light and color?
There are many different types of science classroom optics kits for teaching about light and color. Some kits are designed for specific grade levels, while others are more general in nature. The best kit for your needs will depend on the age and abilities of your students, as well as your budget.
Some popular science classroom optics kits include the following:
– The Physics Classroom: Optics Kit
– The Science Classroom: Optics Kit
– The Chemistry Classroom: Optics Kit
– The Biology Classroom: Optics Kit
– The Earth Science Classroom: Optics Kit
– The astronomy Classroom: Optics Kit
3. What are the best science classroom optics kits for teaching about the human eye?
There are many different types of science classroom optics kits for teaching about the human eye. Some of the best kits include the following:
1. The Human Eye Model Kit from 3B Scientific is an excellent way to teach students about the anatomy of the human eye. The kit includes a detailed model of the eye, as well as a number of other smaller models and tools.
2. The Human Eye Dissection Kit from Home Science Tools is another excellent option for teaching about the human eye. The kit includes everything you need to perform a complete dissection of the eye, including a detailed instruction booklet.
3. The Human Eye Poster Set from Science Source is a great way to visually educate students about the human eye. The set includes a number of high-quality posters that show different aspects of the eye, including the anatomy, physiology, and function of the eye.
4. What are the best science classroom optics kits for teaching about lenses and mirrors?
There are many different types of science classroom optics kits for teaching about lenses and mirrors. Some kits are more comprehensive than others, and some may be better suited for certain age groups or learning objectives. Some popular optics kits include the following:
– The Optics Workshop Kit from Thames & Kosmos
– The Physics Workshop Kit from Pitsco
– The Discover with Dr. Cool Optics Lab
– The 4M Crystal Growing Science Kit
– The ScienceWiz Light Kit
– The Young Scientists Club Optics Kit
Each of these kits has different features and included items, so be sure to compare them before choosing the best one for your needs.
5. What are the best science classroom optics kits for teaching about optical illusions?
There are several science classroom optics kits that are great for teaching about optical illusions. Some of our favorites include the following:
1. The Physics Classroom’s Optics Kit: This comprehensive kit includes everything you need to teach about optical illusions, from basic concepts to more advanced topics. It covers a wide range of topics, including reflection, refraction, lenses, and light waves.
2. The Science Source Optics Kit: This kit is a great option for those looking for a more affordable option. It includes a variety of optics-related items, such as a lens, a mirror, a set of eyepieces, and a light source.
3. The PASCO Optics Kit: This kit is another great option for those looking for a more comprehensive option. It includes a variety of optics-related items, such as a lens, a mirror, a set of eyepieces, and a light source.
On the market, there are numerous best science classroom optics kits. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best science classroom optics kits will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.