The best sewing piping trims are those that are versatile, easy to work with and durable. Whether you’re sewing a garment or a home décor project, finding the right piping trim can be a challenge. To help you find your best match, we’ve turned to reviews from real customers who have purchased and used these products for themselves. These best-selling items not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have countless glowing reviews describing why they’re so great.
Read on for best sewing piping trims on the market.
Our Editor’s Best Sewing Piping Trim Reviews
- Fabric : 65% polyester 35% cotton bias binding
- Piping insertion rope thickness: 0.3mm Total Width: 13mm
- 16 yards Piping bias tape is not completely continuous due to the length and nature of the textile. Please note the color might vary slightly from the images due to computer monitor's condition. Color varies slightly from different dye lots
- Ironing free, Machine washable, Non-stretch, Consistent color, Odorless and even sewing space, Easy to work with
- Add fabric edge embellishment for piping, sewing, and apparel making projects; Accent the seams on pillows, quilts, purses, chairs, garments, and sofas
- Wrights maxi piping bias tape is used to trim pillows, drapes, clothing and more
- Made of 50 percent polyester and 50 percent cotton
- It is machine washable
- Available in red color
- Measures 2.5-yards length by 1/2-inch width
- Lip trim cord with polyester bias tape made from 50% cotton and 50% polyester; Durable and sturdy; Non-stretch sewing piping trim; Machine-washable and dryable polyester piping cord with single fold bias tape; Bleed, fade, and fray-resistant; Odorless fabric piping cord; No ironing needed
- Lip cord trim piping for upholstery, DIY crafting, binding, edging, or seaming home décor; Upholstery trim cord with lip for chairs and couches; Pillow trim cording for pillows; Fabric edge trim for accenting quilt seam
- Polyester piping cord for sewing, hemming, or trimming clothing or accessories; Fabric piping sewing trim for aprons, purses, or travel bags; Edge piping trim cord with lip for sewing bibs or slipcovers; Cloth piping trim for garments
- Sewing piping cord is easy to sew by hand or machine for straight or curved edges; Upholstery lip cord piping trim retains color, shape, and quality well after long-time use; Fabric edging trim with even sewing space
- Corded piping by the yard in bulk wholesale package; Length: 50 meters or 55 yards; Piping thickness: 2.5mm or 0.1 inches; Strip lip width: 1/2 inch; Neatly spooled for easy dispensing and storage; Consistent rich color and width
- Polyester piping cording made from cellulose cotton fiber covered with polyester fabric; Semi-firm cotton cording for piping; Machine-washable and dryable; Free of fraying; Pliable and soft piping welt cord but holds shape well; Single rope poly welt cord
- Sewing piping cord for upholstery trim and furniture edging; Polyester cotton cord for piping throw pillows, slipcovers, bedding, headboards, quilts, valances, draperies, rugs, sofas, and chairs; Cushion piping for marine and automobile seat
- Cord piping for sewing and DIY crafting; Welting cord for sewing clothing or accessories such as masks, keychains, or handbags; Fabric piping cord compatible with fabric, leather, or vinyl
- Sewing piping for indoor and outdoor use; Compatible with a wide range of fabrics from vinyl to leather, this polyester piping cord is less moisture-absorbent when compared to natural cotton piping
- Wholesale fabric piping cord for sewing; 20 yard or 60-foot-long sewing cord piping by the yard; Width: ¼ inches or 6mm; Cotton piping cording with consistent thickness and continuous length
- Cordedge Piping Trim Satin Lip Cord
- 10mm wide trim where 3mm is piping cord and 7mm is the insertion tape
- Bias cut polyester satin biding means this cord is easily used to go around corners. Gives a clean crisp finish to many sewing projects
- Color: White
- Quantity: 10-yards
- Durable material: our piping trim is made of quality cotton and polyester, non-stretch and iron-free, can retain its color and shape after long time use, withstand machine washable, durable and reliable to be applied repeatedly
- Size details: the single fold bias tape measures approx. 55 yards/ 50 meters long in a roll, the strip lip is about 1.3 cm/ 1/ 2 inch in width, the thickness of piping insertion rope is about 2.5 mm, proper to be trimmed into required length to meet your diverse sewing needs
- Where to use: these welting cords can be widely applied in making piping, binding, seams, finishing edges, edges of quilts, placemats, and bibs, around armhole and neckline edges and as a simple strap or tie for casual bags, pillows, purses, garments, sofas or clothing
- Easy to operate: the piping cord is easy to sew by hand or machine to make straight or curved edges; Consistent width and eye-catching color; Easy to match cotton, polyester, leather, canvas, and linen
- Gift supplies: you can directly give this fold bias tape to your friends or family members who love sewing or quilting as practical gifts to cheer them up; You can also invite them to take part in sewing activities and enjoy handmade fun together
- 1/4" Cords and Lip Cords
- 55-Percent Cotton; 33-Percent Rayon; 12-Percent Polyester
- Hand Wash; Cold Water; Mild Soap; Air Dry
- Country of Origin: China
- Material: nylon silk is used for outsourcing, which is commonly referred to as nylon, It is extremely soft. The rubber band inside is made of spandex, which is durable and durable, has strong elasticity and is not easy to deform!
- Features: there is a double fold line in the middle of the wrapped elastic belt, which is more convenient and fast to use.
- Usage: Garment trim, baby underwear trim, also can be used for women's hair hoop, hair rope, decorative bracelet.
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Used as an accent or edge trim to panel seams
- Goods are colorfast
- Total trim width is 1/2
- Perfect for decorative trim edging
- Bind on straight or curved edge
- Piping Cord ~ 3/8" Piping Cord -1/8" Filler Cord Black (10 Yards / Pack)
- Piping Cord is 100% washable and is great for use as an edging or for seam accents on home decor and apparel projects.
- Easy care, colorfast, and needs no ironing. 50% polyester/ 50% cotton. 1/2" wide.
- 3/8" Fabric with 1/8" Filler cord Poly-cotton blend with Polyester-filler cord
Best Sewing Piping Trim Buying Guide
Before choosing the best sewing piping trim you should consider following options:
1. Fabric: The fabric used for piping makes a big difference in the finished product. Cotton, silk, and polyester are all popular choices. Cotton is the most affordable option, but also the least durable.
Silk is a more expensive option, but it has a luxurious drape and is more durable than cotton. Polyester is a durable and affordable choice, but it is stiff and has a shiny appearance.
2. Width: The width of your piping will depend on the project. For example, if you are making a pair of pants, you will need piping that is at least 1-inch wide.
If you are making a tailored suit jacket, you will need piping that is at least 2 inches wide. You can also get piping in different widths so you can choose the one that best suits your project.
3. Color: It’s important to pick a color that goes with the rest of your project. For example, if you are sewing a suit, you will want piping that matches the color of your suit.
If you are making a pillow, you will probably want piping that is a color that compliments the pillows. If you are making a dress, you will want piping that matches the color of the dress.
4. Length: You will need piping that is the right length for your project. If you are making a jacket, you will need piping that is long enough to trim the jacket and the pockets.
If you are making a pillow, you will only need piping that is long enough to trim the pillow.
5. Seam: The seam you choose will depend on what you are making. For example, if you are making a pillow, you will want a piping that has a very narrow seam. This will ensure that the piping stays in place on the pillow.
If you are making a suit jacket, you will want a piping that has a wider seam so it doesn’t show when the jacket is fully buttoned.
What else you should know about sewing piping trim
1. What is the best way to sew piping trim?
Piping trim can be sewn in a number of ways, depending on the desired effect. For a clean look, you can sew it along the edge of the fabric with a straight stitch. If you want a more decorative look, you can sew it in a zigzag pattern or use a decorative stitch. You can also sew it in a contrasting color for a pop of color.
2. How do you attach piping trim to fabric?
There are a few ways to attach piping trim to fabric. You can hand sew it, use a sewing machine, or use a hot glue gun.
3. What is the difference between bias and binding tape?
Bias tape is a strip of fabric that is cut on the bias. This means that the strip of fabric is cut at a 45 degree angle to the grain of the fabric. Binding tape is used to finish the raw edges of a quilt or other project.
4. What is the difference between cording and piping?
Cording is a type of piping that is used to create decorative trim on clothing and other items. Piping is a type of trim that is used to create a seam or edge on a garment or other item.
5. What is the best way to finish the ends of piping trim?
Cut the piping trim at a 45 degree angle using a pipe cutter.
On the market, there are numerous best sewing piping trim. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best sewing piping trim will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.