If you’re looking for a way to measure the wind speed in your area, you may be wondering what the best wind speed gauges are. There are a few different types of gauges available, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a look at some of the most popular options.
Best Wind Speed Gauges: Editor Recommended
Our Editor’s Best Wind Speed Gauges Reviews
- 【Multi-function Anemometer】Accurately measure wind speed, wind temperature, air volume and wind chill (<0°C will be displayed), with high accuracy, capable of measure maximum/average/current wind speed. There are 5 units for measuring wind speed: mph, m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots.
- 【Wide Range Of Applications】Digital anemometers are ideal for home use such as kite flying, drones, sailboats, hang gliding and shooting. In addition, it is suitable for industrial applications such as HVAC duct airflow, fan manufacturing and other scenarios where wind speed is tested.
- 【Professional Digital Anemometer】The digital wind guage can accurately measure wind speed in the range of 0~65 mph (0~30m/s) (accuracy ±5%), and wind temperature 14°F ~ 113°F / -40°C ~45° Celsius ( ±3.6°F, ± 2°C). And 6-blade wind rotor is used to improve accuracy.
- 【Light And Small Design】Comes with a yellow protective case and lanyard (including battery), which has a certain protective effect and easy to carry. With LCD backlight, it is convenient to use at night. Auto power off when no any operation after 14 minutes, saving power.
- 【Easy To Use】Simple to operate, no complicated steps required. When using for the first time, install the CR2032 battery (supplied) and briefly press the "mode" button to run. If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us.
- MULTIFUNCTION WIND METER: designed to measure wind speed (<30 m/s, 5860 ft/min, 55 knots, 90 km/hr, 65 mph) with 12 level beaufort scales, and detect air temperature ( 14°F and 113°F), easy to switch ℃/℉ units by press the button with no tools, support wind chill indication, display Max/ Average/ Current air velocity on LCD screen in real time, more convenient than 2 buttons anemometer
- EASY TO INSTALL BATTERY & USE: Remove off the yellow rubber protector cover, then open the battery door, it's more easier than other wind meter gauge. Put a CR2032 battery (included), turn on windspeed anemometer by press “Mode” for 2s to measure wind and analyze environment to do activities
- BACKLIGHT& AUTO/MANUAL SHUTDOWN: Press any keys to active the wind anemometer’s backlight last for 12 seconds, convenient to read at dark place, press “Mode” + “SET” simultaneously to turn off the wind meter, or no operation for 14 minutes it will auto shutoff
- MULTIPURPOSE WIND DETECTOR: This digital wind speed anemometer is perfect for industrial and home purposes, like measuring speed of HVAC velometer,air conditioner and temperature of CPU. The mini anemometer for sailing, shooting, hang-gliding, drone wind speed test, or power and manufacture industrial.
- HANDHELD ANEMOMETER: Wind speed thermometer is compact and light design, small enough to put into pockets, easy to carry and operation. Hand size wind speed tester with simple but detailed manual. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you meet any question
- Wind & Temp Meter: Measuring wind speed (0-30m/s, 0-5860 ft/min, 0-55 knots, 0-90 km/hr, 0-65 mph) and air temperature (14°F and 113°F) at same time, which allow you know the air speed and ambient temperature
- Multifunctional Wind Gauge: freely switch the units among (m/s, ft/min, knots, km/hr, mph), 12 level beaufort scales, Max/AVG/Current air velocity, °C/℉ temperature switchable, wind chill and battery power indication
- Multipurpose Wind Detector: The digital wind anemometer is perfect for measuring speed of HVAC, air conditioner and temperature o CPU. The mini Anemometer also suit for sailing, shooting, kite-flying, drone wind speed test and industrial purpose
- Easy To Use: Just Open the door battery and install a CR2032 battery (Included), turn on the wind speed meter and you can measure the ambient air speed and temperature immediately
- Handhled Wind Anemometer: Compact and lightweight design, the small wind speed meter with a lanyard, which very convenient for carry with and operation. Auto power off when no any operation after 14 minutes
- Steday Wind Speed Measurement & High Accuracy: Wind Speed Range: 0.3-30m/s and Accuracy: 0.1dgts
- ESSENTIALS FOR BAD WEATHER:You will know the hurricane trend before going out. HOLDPEAK anemometer provides fast measurement for analysis of critical environment conditions.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL ANEMOMETER YOU WILL NEED: Wind Speed, temperature and wind chill in one LCD display. Digital Anemometer Handheld measure wind speed in 5 units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph.
- MORE EXTRA SPECIFICATIONS THAN OTHERS WIND SPEED METER: Through the built-in temperature regulator to adjust C/F temperature. Record and recall Max/Min/Average/Current function. Low battery indication. Screw hole in the button can be connected a lanyard.
- REASSURING AFTER-SALES SERVICE: We have perfect quality. If the meter what you received have any quality issues, please contact our After-sales personnel in time and we will serve you in good faith.
- Measure wind speed,wind chill and temperature;The LCD backlight screen makes it easier to read in dark conditions,perfect for Windsurfing Kite Flying Sailing Surfing Fishing
- Compact and Lightweight,Easy to Carry; Data Hold Function; Auto/ Manual Power Off; High Precision Pressure Sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0-30m/s; Wind Speed Unit: m/s, Km/h, ft/min, Knots, mph
- Wind Temperature Range: -10 - 45 Centigrade (14-113F); Storage Temperature: -40~60 Centigrade
- Air Velocity: Range: 0 - 30m/s, 0 - 90km/h, 0 - 5860ft/min, 0 - 65mph, 0 - 55Knots
- ✔️Highly Accurate Wind Meter- Thanks to the sensitive dual temp sensors, 8 vanes, smooth fan shaft, the HoldPeak 866B Anemometer can accurately detect wind speed, wind chill and temp. And this digital anemometer has a wind speed measurement range of 0.67~67.1 mph(+/- 2% of readings), Which can help you monitor wind conditions in real time.
- ✔️Professional & Multifunctional - This Pro wind speed meter has functions such as: unit switching of wind speed(m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph) and wind temp(℃,℉), Max/Min/Average Wind Speed, battery level display, auto off, backlight, etc. Which can meet various measuring demands.
- ✔️With Tripod & Hand Strap - Our handheld anemometer set includes a tripod that allows you to free your hands while measuring. It also comes with a hand strap, which prevents it from being dropped or lost. This ensures every shooting, sailing, or drone flying safer and more enjoyable.
- ✔️Wide Applications - This handheld wind meter is ideal for outdoor activities like surfing, drone flying, kite flying, boating, golf, etc. And it is sensitive to measure very low air flow in HVAC installation, duct vent. Which can be a good helper in CFM calculation. You can simply calculate the CFM: Air Flow in CFM =Wind speed x Duct Cross Sectional Area.
- ✔️What's in the Box - 1x HoldPeak 866B Digital Anemometer, 1x Smalll Tripod, 2x AAA Batteries, 1x User Manual, 1x Carry Pouch, 1xScrewdriver. HoldPeak Wind Speed Meter comes with a 2-year after-sale service and lifetime technical support. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.
- ✔【8 Sensitive Fan Blades】Unlike the most other mini anemometers, our 8 ultra light blades can pick up any breeze for more accurate wind measurement. Pocket sized makes it portable for outdoor activities, such as: drone, RC plane flight, sailing, shooting, etc
- ✔✔【Auto Shut OFF & Backlit Display】Press any key to activate anemometer to take wind measurement. Auto shut off after 5s for battery saving and service-time extending. Backlight LCD offers clear readings even in darkness or dim condition.
- ✔【Small Yet Powerful】Features with Max/Average/Current mode, wind chill indication, Fahrenheit/Celsius switchable, back light, this weathermeter provides most functions you would ever need, when checking HVAC system, dust vent, tunnel, computer fan.
- ✔【Highly Accurate】Wind speed range: 0~65 Mph, in m/s, ft/min, knots, km/hr, and mph; wind temperature range: 14~113℉. 6 sensitive vane blades rotates smoothly, monitoring the lightest breeze at home, industry, indoor and outdoor.
- ✔【Unconditional Promise】Comes with a neck lanyard, AN-816B can be hang on to carry around. 12 month product warranty and life-time tech support are provided. For any problem, please feel free to contact us!
- Proster Handheld Anemometer: Design to measure wind temperature, wind speed, air flow meter. Compact & lightweight, easy to carry. Best gift for Windsurfing Kite Flying Sailing Surfing Fishing.
- Wind Speed Gauge: Wind speed in Beaufort wind scale bar graph. High precision pressure sensor. Air Velocity Range: 0-30m/s(Wind speed unit: m/s, Km/h, ft/min, Knots, mph). Current/max/average 3 modes wind speed reading to choose from.
- Wind Temperature Range: -10 - 45℃ (14-113℉); Wind chill indication. Quick response, external thermistor. Operating Temperature: -10~45℃ (14~113F)， Operating Humidity: less than or equal to 90%RH.
- Large easy-to-read LCD display with backlight makes it easier to read in dark conditions. Auto/ Manual Power Off.
- Handheld Anemometer is ideal for outdoor activities, also ideal for education as Wind speed is displayed on a Beaufort wind scale bar graff, as well as in units, while temperature is displayed in ℃/F after taking into account wind chill.
- ANEMOMETER HANDHELD WITH 2.26" BACKLIT SCREEN: The Protmex anemometer with large 2.26" LCD display for easy reading, which can meet the needs of a wide range of consumers. This wind gauge outdoor is perfect for outdoor activities such as drone flying, golf, kite flying, Frisbee, windsurfing, shooting, and more. Use it to determine weather conditions and assess the potential impact of wind speed on your activities
- PROFESSIONAL ACCURATE ANEMOMETER: Protmex HT605 wind speed measuring device with 2 temperature sensors and 8 vanes, which makes the wind meter very sensitive to measure very low air flows that can accurately measure air speed in 6 units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, ft/s, mile/h
- AFFORDABLE 3-IN-1 HT605 ANEMOMETER HUMIDITY METER: The wind speed meter for measuring wind speed range 0.5~30 m/s(+/- 2% of readings); Wind temperature -20~60℃, -4℉-140℉(+/-0.2℃,32.56℉); Wind humidity 20%-80% RH(+/-0.2%RH). Please note that it may take at least 30 minutes for the temperature and humidity sensors to adjust to the new environment
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL HANDHELD ANEMOMETER: The Protmex portable anemometers have the functions of reading holding, maximum/minimum/average value, with large-screen LCD and backlight, auto-off, multi-unit switching, and other functions
- PROTMEX 24/7 SUPPORT: We provide 12 monthly quality guarantee. The Protmex support team is able to respond to your questions and requests within 24 hours. If you are not satisfied with the product, please feel free to consult for help
- 【Multifunction Pro Anemometer】Wind Speed, Wind Temperature, Wind Chill, Low battery indicator on bright backlit LCD screen. BT-100 is a portable wind speed guages can accurately measure air speed in 5 units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph. Wind Temp in ℃/℉(Degree Celsius/Fahrenheit)
- 【Accurate Wind Meter】Wind Speed Meter for measuring wind speed range 0.67~67.1 mph(+/- 2% of readings), Wind temperature -10~60℃,14℉-113℉(+/-2℃,35.6℉); Resolution 0.1m/s; 0.2℃. 2 temp sensors and 8 vanes makes this air velocity meter is sensitive to measure very low air flow in HVAC installation, duct vent. A good helper in CFM calculation. 💖Air Flow in CFM (Q)=Wind speed(V) x Duct Cross Sectional Area(A)💖
- 【Tripod Hole for Mounting】There’s a metal threaded hole on the bottom of the digital anemometer, so you can fix it on a tripod for continuous wind guages. To set your hands free when you fly drones, rc planes, wings, helicopters and quads, long distance shooting.
- 【Anemometer Case Included】It's a light weight, pocket size airspeed Meter, portable for you and your family to measure outside for outdoor activities, such as: shooting,Boat Sailing, Kite flying, Climbing, Drone driving etc.
- 【Easy to Use 】Manual / Auto Power OFF optional, Back Light Screen to let you see clear even in dark. 2x1.5V AAA batteries included to get you started when you receive the wind tester. Add to Cart, Buy it, Use it, for any quality problems, we’ll replace you.
Best Wind Speed Gauges Buying Guide
To get the best wind speed gauges, you’ll want to consider a few factors. First, think about the accuracy you need. Do you need something that’s highly accurate, or is a general estimate good enough?
Second, consider the size and weight of the device. If you’ll be carrying it around with you, you’ll want something that’s lightweight and easy to transport.
Finally, think about the price. Wind speed gauges can vary widely in price, so you’ll want to find something that fits your budget.
What else you should know about the best wind speed gauges
1. What is the best wind speed gauge for measuring wind speed?
There is no one “best” wind speed gauge for measuring wind speed. Different types of wind speed gauges are better suited for different purposes. For example, an anemometer is a common type of wind speed gauge that is often used in weather stations.
2. How accurate are wind speed gauges?
The accuracy of wind speed gauges can vary depending on the quality of the gauge and the location where it is placed.
3. What is the range of wind speeds that can be measured with a wind speed gauge?
The range of wind speeds that can be measured with a wind speed gauge is 0 to 120 miles per hour.
4. How do wind speed gauges work?
Wind speed gauges measure the speed of the wind by taking into account the amount of time it takes for the blades of the gauge to turn.
5. Are there different types of wind speed gauges?
There are many types of wind speed gauges, but the most common is the anemometer.
On the market, there are numerous best wind speed gauges. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best wind speed gauges will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.