Are you seeking for the best food supplements for breastfeeding on the market? If you answered yes, you are lucky because you have arrived at the greatest possible spot.
There are many different types of food supplements for breastfeedings to choose from, so it can be tricky to decide which one is right for you. To help you make your decision, we’ve put together a list of the 10 best food supplements for breastfeeding on the market.
We’ve included a variety of options and price points to suit every budget and need. Whether you’re looking for a budget or the highest quality food supplements for breastfeeding, we’ve got you covered. So, if you’re in the market for a new food supplements for breastfeeding, read on for our top 10 picks.
10 Best food supplements for breastfeeding: Editor Recommended
Our Editor’s 10 Best food supplements for breastfeeding Reviews
- Dietary supplement made with ingredients traditionally used to boost milk supply, including: fenugreek, fennel and milk thistle
- Added benefits with 1000mg skin-loving collagen and B6 + B12 vitamins to boost energy and metabolism
- Only 6 grams of sugar and 35 calories per serving – and naturally gluten-free
- Mix with still or sparkling water for a fun, fizzy mocktail. For a milder flavor, dilute with more water. Feeling creative? Mix with your favorite fruit juice of choice
- Includes 14 single-serve packets in delicious, all-natural berry lemonade flavor
- Step Up Your Lactation Game - Liquid Gold is a powerful blend of 6 certified organic ingredients well-known for optimal lactation support – goat's rue, milk thistle, shatavari, fennel, alfalfa, and anise.
- Supports Milk Production - More than your average breastfeeding supplements, Liquid Gold may also support mammary gland growth. This may be incredibly helpful for mothers who need glandular tissue support.
- Helps With Prolactin Release - Liquid Gold may also help to stimulate prolactin and trigger milk production, the hormone responsible for lactation. It’s an easy and natural way to help increase your milk supply.
- Fenugreek-Free - Although fenugreek is a well-known lactation supplement, our product is fenugreek-free as a significant number of women have reported adverse effects on themselves or their babies from using fenugreek breastfeeding supplements.
- Always High-Quality - Legendairy Milk Liquid Gold lactation supplement only uses certified organic herbs and certified organic capsules. It is Certifed Vegan, Certified Kosher, and Certified Halal. We are also verified by the Non-GMO Project.
- MOM’S MIRACLE LACTATION - Our expertly formulated lactation support supplements help with mom’s most common issues: low milk supply, weak immunity, postpartum hair loss, and they promote overall postpartum recovery.
- MILK-BOOSTING SUPERFOODS - Boobie Bears breast milk supply supplements are packed with superfoods: Moringa, Turmeric, and Cinnamon to increase milk supply. A postpartum must have and nursing essential for breastfeeding.
- POSTPARTUM HAIR GROWTH AND IMMUNE SUPPORT - Moms can’t take sick days so we packed our Boobie Bears with Zinc and Elderberry to protect your immune system. And Biotin and Zinc support postpartum hair and nail growth.
- INGREDIENTS MOMS TRUST - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Soy Free, Non-GMO, Certified Kosher, and Fenugreek Free. Made in the USA.
- CREATED BY CERTIFIED LACTATION CONSULTANT - Founder, Nurse Wendy, is an RN and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). She expertly crafts all products for optimal support of motherhood.
- LACTATION SUPPLEMENT DRINK MIX: supports breast milk supply*
- LACTATION CONSULTANT RECOMMENDED INGREDIENTS: Contains a proprietary blend of naturally-sourced milk optimizing herbs - fenugreek, blessed thistle and anise.
- THESE HERBS have been traditionally used across cultures and over centuries to support breast milk supply. Milkflow works with your body to naturally support the hormones that help support breast milk supply.*
- DELICIOUS BERRY FLAVOR: This great tasting drink mix is made with natural berry flavor, is gluten free, and non-GMO. It can be used when pumping. Just mix with water or juice.
- ADDED ELECTROLYTES to restore and replenish your body*
- BREASTFEEDING PROTEIN POWDER: Majka lactation supplement for breastfeeding boosts milk supply and supports energy levels. Our plant based protein powder is the only postnatal protein powder that serves as a complete bioavailable postnatal vitamin and contains a high quantity of galactagogue (breast milk boosting) herbs, meaning, it can substitute your pre/postnatal vitamin, unlike any other powder on the market!
- NOURISHING FOR NEW MOMS: Our lactation drink mix is formulated to restore and replenish your body after giving birth; It provides probiotics and digestive enzymes for nutrient absorption, nourishes your breastmilk, and keeps you feeling full and energized.
- LACTATIONAL SUPPLEMENT: Majka nursing protein powder is the best breastfeeding supplement with 15 grams of organic protein, active forms of B vitamins, organic galactagogues, fruits and vegetables, probiotics and enzymes. It is essentially 6 supplements in one! Making this a comprehensive, convenient, and delicious way for breastfeeding moms to get the nutrition they need!
- LACTATION SUPPORT YOU’LL LIKE: Our lactation supplements are non GMO, vegan, gluten free, soy free, sugar free, have no artificial sweeteners, are whole food based, and fenugreek free
- FOR BEST RESULTS: Add 2 scoops of our lactation blend to your favorite smoothie or mix with your favorite plant based milk; Our Lactation protein powder can be enjoyed at any time of the day as a breast milk supply boost and to promote your overall well being
- BRAIN-BOOSTING, SCIENCE-BACKED NUTRITION: Designed to beautifully nourish you during your postnatal time. Supports healthy immunity and neuro-development for babies during breastfeeding. Promotes energy production, and improves memory & brain processing speed due to active methylated vitamins. Our unique postnatal vitamin formula of probiotics, digestive enzymes, and superfoods is designed to support you and your baby’s growing needs.
- THE BEST INGREDIENTS MAKE THE BEST VITAMINS: Mama Bird Postnatal Multivitamin contains the active methylated forms found naturally in our bodies: methylfolate (vitamin B9), methylcobalamin (B12), and pyridoxal-5-phosphate (B6). This is important if you have the MTHFR gene variant. Cleared by a third-party ISO/IEC 17025 lab to support the active ingredient concentration, heavy metals concentrations, and purity.
- LIVE BEAUTIFULLY THROUGH SMART NUTRITION: Our easy to swallow postnatal vitamins for breastfeeding moms are formulated by our founder - a neurologist and mother to help nourish you and your baby for vibrant health. Easy to swallow, ultra-gentle caplet. One (1) serving a day is convenient and easy to remember.
- GIVE THEM THE VERY BEST FROM THE VERY START: Mama Bird Postnatal Multivitamin is free of soy, yeast, fish/shellfish, sugar, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, nuts, GMOs, gluten, and dairy/lactose. Natural whole food-based. Proudly made in the U.S.A. This product is vegan. Color may vary, as this is a natural product. We do not use single-use plastic outer seals in an effort to eliminate plastic waste.
- FOLLOW OUR BRAND STORE: Complete your Best Nest supplement routine with our other vitamins and supplements! Mama Bird Postnatal Multi+ pairs well with Mama Bird Mineral Complex and Mama Bird Probiotics for vibrant brain health. Visit our Brand Store to see everything Best Nest has to offer.
- Plant-based Nutrients: Made with Plant-Based, Whole Food nutrients for healthy bone support, including Calcium and Magnesium from Marine Algae, Vitamin D3 from Lichen, and Vitamin C from Organic Acerola Cherries.
- Complete Formula: Includes 10 vitamins & minerals that work together to support healthy bone building and help maintain bone density,* including Vitamin D, K2, C, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Boron, and Silica.
- Healthy Calcium Absorption: Vitamin D3, Magnesium, and Vitamin K2 are crucial co-factors that help your body to absorb and use calcium properly, so that it goes into your bones rather than your arteries and soft tissues.*
- Powerful Benefits: Studies show that adequate calcium and vitamin D as part of a healthy diet, along with physical activity, supports healthy bone density later in life. Older women are particularly at risk for bone loss.
- Clean Label: This supplement does NOT Contain GMOs, Soy, Gluten, Yeast, Dairy, Eggs, Nuts, Caffeine, Coloring, Preservatives, or Flavoring. Free of Animal By-Products. Appropriate for Vegans and Vegetarians.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kendall-Tackett PhD IBCLC, Kathleen (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 12/01/2010 (Publication Date) - New Harbinger Publications (Publisher)
- Fairhaven Health Milkies Milk Trays help you plan and prep milk and food for your little one! These trays make it easy to measure 1 oz and ½ oz which means less waste. 2 trays and 2 lids are provided so that you can put them one on top of the other
- Easy and Convenient. Its takes about 5 hours for breast milk to freeze in the Milk Tray. Milk Trays are specifically designed for expressed milk with a total of 16 semi-cylinder cavities holding 1 oz. each. They are meant to fit in bottle openings.
- BPA and Silicone Free. Hand wash in between uses. Milk Trays are made from PET plastic, a food-safe plastic that contains no bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, or dyes.
- Customized for your needs. Fairhaven Health Milkies products and supplements are stackable, meaning you can focus on what you need to when choosing solutions to support you and your breastmilk supply! This product is a set of 2 reusable 1 ounce freezer ice cube trays in the shape of sticks for freezing and molding your breastmilk or baby food.
- A Trusted Brand Since 2003. Fairhaven Health products are cooperatively developed and formulated by a diverse panel of medical experts. Using third party testing to verify quality and effectiveness.
- Specifically designed for breastfeeding moms to support optimal postnatal nutrition, nutrient recovery, and lactation
- Doctor-formulated based on the leading science to include key nutrients like methylated folate, choline, Iodine, vitamin B12, Vitamin C & Vitamin D3, and chromium to meet nutritional demands while breastfeeding
- Includes moringa leaf to help support milk production, and real food like oranges, carrots, and broccoli
- Take any time of day, even on an empty stomach. 2 tablets per serving
- Non-GMO, Vegetarian; Tested for over 125 chemical substances; Made without 9 allergens: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, shellfish, and sesame; Gluten-Free
Important Aspects To Consider When Buying food supplements for breastfeeding
Even deciding on an insignificant purchase can make you feel like choosing between the red pill or the blue one. But is the headache really worth it? Online shopping was meant to make our experience simpler, easier and enjoyable. But in reality it is quite easy to get confused on the decision which one to buy?
This is where our efforts come in! This list of food supplements for breastfeeding will surely save you valuable time and effort. However another question remains, what makes our compilation the best? Or on what basis you should trust this food supplements for breastfeeding list.
Is it virtually possible to know every detail of a product for making a perfect purchase? The answer is definitely NO, it’s not! Then how do you make the correct decision while buying food supplements for breastfeeding? Well, the complexity of selecting a single product from a sea of them can be simplified taking into consideration a few key metrics regarding the product.
We feed thousands of data to our AI regarding these products through advanced algorithms. Based on the relevant data i.e. brand, features, specs, ratings and reviews and many others (which are discussed below) a list of best food supplements for breastfeeding has been prepared by the AI.
Branded products might seem pricey but the point is they are charging those extra bucks for reliability. Unlike many other things, trust doesn’t come cheap. 8 out of 10 times you can trust a branded one.
Enough and useful features make a product purchase worthy. This is the basic criteria to be followed.
Matching the right specs according to your need is very important and we miss no important things.
Healthy ratings indicate a good product. Highest rated products rarely disappoint users. So, we pick the best rated units on our list.
Number of Reviews:
Higher number of reviews in the shortest period of time shows the product is accepted widely by a lot of customers. Customer feedback aka customer reviews are the most insightful source of judging a product’s merit. We take serious consideration into customer reviews and total numbers while choosing them.
Ratio of Positive Reviews Against Bad:
The final rating is an average of all ratings provided by users. But we can get a deeper look at the product’s performance if we analyze the ratings on each star level.
Ranking of the Seller:
Shows the reputation of the seller. Even if you choose the correct item, a bad seller can be a big hassle. So stare clear of them.
Product Ranking in Relevant Category:
These small little details are never left out of our consideration. This is what makes our selection even more confident and authentic.
Bang for the Buck:
Spending a fortune on food supplements for breastfeeding is not a wise thing to do. Our every selected item should provide you the best value for the money you spent.
Selling Growth Over the Product Lifetime:
A product might have thousands of reviews and good ratings, still can be a bad choice. Once hyped products can be an outdated choice now. So, a gradual positive growth of any product indicates its reliability.
Every product is perfected with every new edition. Those little improvements, upgrades and adjustments come real handy in user experience. So, we keep in mind to choose the latest ones.
Unavailable product is like a dead lion. Discontinued items are surely not recommended.
Rating By Features:
There is a special segment in amazon where the product is rated according to different relevant features. This one is mostly overlooked by everyone. But we keep a keen eye on this!
A product needs to be versatile and user friendly. Our aim is to prepare a list of best food supplements for breastfeeding which will serve you in a wide range.
Amazon’s choice can be a factor to consider. It creates a sense of reliability among customers. We value amazon’s choice and prepare all lists keeping this fact in mind.
The article detailing the best food supplements for breastfeeding ends here. However, the best option for each person will vary depending on their individual needs and preferences. But here, the food supplements for breastfeedings we have listed above, have great features and are highly rated by customers. So, I hope that it may have helped you finalize your decision to choose the best food supplements for breastfeeding for you.