In this age of 3D printers, it’s easy to find a printer in the $100–$200 price range that can help you create small plastic trinkets. But if you’re looking for a more professional tool with a higher price tag, you’ll want to make sure you’re investing in the right platform for your needs. Before spending your hard-earned money, it pays to understand the variety of 3D printers on the market — not only their prices, but also the type of plastic they use, as well as the overall durability of the objects they create.
Here, your shopping list of the best 3D printers according to experts.
Our Editor’s Best 3d Printer Platforms Reviews
- 🤗 Wide Compatibility - This 3D printer accessory can use for Creality Ender 3, Ender 3 Neo, Ender 3 Pro, Ender 3 V2, Ender 3 V2 Neo, Ender 3 S1, Ender 5, Ender 5 S1, Ender 5 Pro and CR-20, CR-20 Pro, and most Cartesian style 3D printers with MK2 MK3 hotbeds. Applicable to most FDM 3D printers with a printing area of 220*220mm to 235*235mm(8.66*8.66in-9.25*9.25in), please check the size of your printer platform first.
- 🤗 Easy to Remove Prints - The microporous composite coating on the surface of this Creality glass build plate shrinks as the hot bed cools, which greatly ensures that a complete small print can be picked up by hand without any tools, and large prints can be easily removed using tools, saving at least 30% of the time you take off the prints.
- 🤗 Superior Flatness - The improved 3D printer plate provides a flatter and smoother build surface than magnetic beds or PEI build plates, ensuring a high degree of flatness on the bottom of the prints. The CREALITY logo on the upgraded Ender 3 glass build plate is much smaller than the older version, and the bottom of the prints is no longer depressed during printing, resulting in a more perfect print.
- 🤗 Durable & Easy to Clean - The special coating of this Creality glass build plate is inorganic, it is made of 100% real borosilicate glass with a hardness of 8 Mohs, works at 400ºC, is thick and high quality, and lasts longer than any other material of the build plate. Clean with water or soapy water after use.
- 🤗 No Edge Curling - Creality Ender 3 bed is coated with a composite material with a microporous structure. As the temperature rises, the micro-pores of the hot bed expand, and adhesion increases, allowing the print to adhere firmly to the build surface, avoiding the problem of curling at the print edge. As an indispensable upgrade part of 3D printers, let it bring you a better printing experience.
- Size: 235mm x 235mm.
- Build sheet adheres to the hot bed to help the filament stuck during printing, while also helping remove the printed model afterward.
- Compatible with ABS, PLA, HIPS, and another filament. Works with all FDM printer models.
- Single sheet design installs more quickly and with fewer bubbles than tape or films.
- Durable construction allows for multiple uses with either the same or different filament materials.
- 【PACK of 4】The 220mmx220mm (8.7" x 8.7") 3D Printer build plate is fully matches heated bed for large format printers such as the Creality MK2, MK2A, MK3, Anet A8, Anet A6 with large build areas. also fits Anet A8, Cocoon 3D Printer Touch, Wanhao Duplicator 6 and Duplicator i3 and i3 Plus, TronXY X2, TronXY P802M, Ultimaker 1, MonoPrice Maker Select Plus and Ultimate and V2, Robo R2. And you can also cut to any size as 220x210mm, 6.5"x6.5" and more.u want
- 【High Quality Material】High strength and heat resistance (up to 240°C) allows the 3D Printer surface to perform consistently in high temperature environments. The durability is similar PEI sheet but the price is much affordable than PEI. This hot bed sheet is excellent because it can withstand the numerous heat cycles that a 3D print bed goes through from print to print. And this 3d build plate is also inherently flame resistant and low in smoke production.
- 【Easy to Install and Remove】Thick 1mm building plates will not warp or bend under heat. It is used on top of your heated print bed and provides excellent results. Simply remove the 3M adhesive paper on back side then stick it on your heat bed. Or fix it just with clip around the edges. Print directly on to the building surface without the need for additional adhesives, tapes, or slurry.
- 【Fully Compatibly】 This 3D Printer heatbed platform sheet allows for multiple uses with either the same or different filament material. Compatible with ABS, PLA, HIPS, PET+, brick, wood, and flexible (TPE) filaments. Reuse for multiple prints, just wipe down with isopropyl alcohol between prints for best results.
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】We're so confident that you'll love these premium print surfaces, that we offer a 90 day money back guarantee!
- ATTENTION BEFORE USE：Firstly, please make sure the bottom of the soft magnetic sticker and the top layer are firmly adsorbed before installation. If it cannot be adsorbed, please rotate it 90 degrees and try again until they are completely adsorbed and will not separate. Secondly, after finding the correct magnetic direction, then you can stick the bottom part on the hot bed. Please pay attention to the direction before installation.
- ALL NEW FUNCTIONALITY: Introducing the first ever removable, magnetically secured, build surface for hassle free model removal.It is recommended to heat the hot bed for 2-3 minutes before removing the model with the removal tools.
- EASY MODEL REMOVAL: The first 3D printing surface designed with model removal in mind. This surface is easily removed, and flexible. Simply print on the surface, remove the upper magnetic surface from the lower, bend the flexible surface and watch the model fall right into your hands.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: The flexible surface can easily be cut to any demensions making it perfect for all build sizes and all FDM printer models.
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION & UNIVERSAL: Build surface comes with upper magnetic build surface and lower magnetic adhesive base. Place lower 3M adhesive surface on top of normal build plate.Works with all FDM printer models, and all heated and non-heated 3D printer beds.
- 【All New Functionality】Introducing the first ever removable, magnetically secured, build surface for hassle free model removal. Say goodbye to all those removal tools, spatulas, and knives with this genius design.
- 【Easy Removal】The first 3D printing surface designed with model removal in mind. This surface is easily removed, and flexible. Simply print on the surface, remove the upper magnetic surface from the lower, bend the flexible surface and watch the model fall right into your hands.
- 【Simple Installation】Build surface comes with upper magnetic build surface and lower magnetic adhesive base. Place lower 3M adhesive surface on top of normal build plate. ( NOTE：If it fails to adsorb, please rotate it 90 degrees and try again. )
- 【Universal】Suitable for PLA and PLA-based materials, and It is capable to work at 70ºC. Can be used repeatedly, resistance, Durable, strong magnetic, easy clean with alcohol. The flexible surface can easily be cut to any demensions making it perfect for all build sizes printer.
- 【Wide Application】Size: 235mm×235mm.Works with all FDM printer models like Ender 3, Ender-3 Pro, Ender 3 v2, Ender 5, Ender 5 Pro, Ender 3X, CR 20 and all heated and non-heated 3D printer beds.
- Packaging upgrade: In order to more reflect the sense of design, have optimized and upgraded the appearance of the product. The outer packaging of the product purchased may be blue. promise that the quality of the products be the same as before, but with Upgraded packaging.
- Safe and long-lasting: these 3D printer glue sticks are made of quality PVP material, non-toxic and acid-free, will not hurt people's body, they come with high viscosity formula and have nice adhesion to hot plate or hot bed, easy to remove the printing models, suitable for the first layer before printing; 1 piece of glue stick can last for more than 100 average prints, practical to help 3D print parts adhere to the build plate during printing
- Easy to use and clean: these PVP solid glue sticks can be easily applied with flat or straight objects, such as ruler, ID card, glass plate and so on, just lightly apply glue to the area of the printing bed being applied, only in the effective printing area, no need to cover the entire surface; The 3D printer build plate is easily cleaned with water after cooling down
- Compatibility: these 3D printer glue sticks are compatible with all 3D printer heated bed, including build surface sheet plate, aluminum and glass plate and so on, bring a nice using experience. suitable for project crafts, school projects, art crafts and so on, it is recommended that put the lid on after each use to prevent glue drying out
- Package contents: you will receive sufficient quantity of 3D printer glue sticks, can satisfy your daily needs, easy to carry and store, ensuring you a long-term use; Each glue stick measures approx. 98 x 24 mm/ 3.8 x 0.94 inches, lightweight and portable
Best 3d Printer Platforms Buying Guide
Before choosing the best 3D printer you should consider following options:
1. Materials used: One of the biggest differences between 3D printers is the materials they use to create objects.
Some models can use more than one kind of material, allowing you to combine materials during the 3D printing process.
Most 3D printers use ABS or PLA plastic to produce finished products. ABS plastic is a good choice for creating objects that need to be durable and waterproof.
PLA plastic creates objects that are more matte and looks better when printed in full color.
Some 3D printers can produce objects with ceramic, metal, wood, or latex ink.
2. Supported materials specifications: Make sure the 3D printer you are considering supports materials your intended use requires.
Not all 3D printers support the same materials. For example, some may only support ABS plastic, while others may support several kinds of materials.
3. Print resolution: All 3D printers use the same process of melting and extruding a material to create 3D printed objects.
The parts created depend on the resolution of the 3D printer. For example, a high resolution printer can create a very detailed figurine, while a low resolution printer can create smooth and larger objects.
4. Print speed: Some 3D printers print very quickly, while others print very slowly. If you need to create many different objects quickly, you may not want to use a 3D printer with a slow print speed.
5. Cost: Prices of 3D printers vary greatly, depending on the features and materials supported.
Some models are much more expensive than others, but may create objects faster. Other 3D printers can be very affordable, but may take longer to create finished products.
You should carefully consider which features are most important to you and how you will use the 3D printer, then compare prices and make your selection.
What else you should know about 3d printer platforms
1. What are the different types of 3D printer platforms?
There are many different types of printer platforms, including:
1. Inkjet Printers
2. Laser Printers
3. LED Printers
4. Dye-Sublimation Printers
5. Solid Ink Printers
6. Thermal Printers
7. Dot Matrix Printers
2. What are the benefits of using a 3D printer platform?
The benefits of using a printer platform include the ability to connect to a variety of devices, the ability to print from anywhere, and the ability to manage print jobs remotely.
3. What are the limitations of 3D printer platforms?
Some printer platforms have limitations in terms of the types of files that they can print, and the resolution that they can print at. Additionally, some printer platforms may not be able to print certain types of media, such as transparencies or cardstock.
4. How do I choose the right 3D printer platform for my needs?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best printer platform for your needs will vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of printing you need to do, the volume of printing you need to do, the speed of printing you need, the quality of printing you need, and your budget. However, some tips on choosing the right printer platform for your needs include doing your research to find the best fit for your specific needs, and talking to a printer expert to get advice on which platform would be best for you.
5. What are some common 3D printer platform problems?
Some common printer platform problems are:
-Windows 10 not recognizing the printer
-The printer not being able to connect to the computer
-The printer not being able to print
-The printer not being able to scan
On the market, there are numerous best 3d printer platforms. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best 3d printer platforms will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.