The right automotive trim paint is the finishing touch that makes the difference between a well-maintained car and a neglected one. A fresh coat of paint on car door edges and window sills can make a car look brand new, even if the upholstery is worn and the carpet stained. To help you find the best automotive trim paint for your needs, we’ve turned to reviews from real customers on Amazon who have purchased and tried these products for themselves. These best-selling items not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have countless glowing reviews describing why they’re so great.
Read on for the best automotive trim paint currently on the market according to customers.
Our Editor’s Best Automotive Trim Dye Reviews
- Forever Black Bumper & Trim Kit (NEW Improved Formula & Larger Size)
- NEW Improved Formula - 6 oz of Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye
- 4 oz of Forever Black Cleaner Concentrate & Applicator Brush
- Permanently dyes all textured black plastic, rubber and vinyl with the same polymers that the manufacturers use
- DESIGNED TO HELP RESTORE BLACK VINYL: Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer brings back black vinyl and plastic car trim to original, or better than original, condition. Provides a long-lasting finish and superior levels of durability and protection.
- INCLUDES A 12 OZ BOTTLE: Follow instructions for safe and proper application of the product. Apply with cloth or towel for quick application. Solution Finish Trim Restorer helps restore faded parts of your vehicle instantly.
- VERSATILE FORMULA: With advanced polymer technology, this silicone-free and VOC compliant formula creates a like-new finish. Use on window trim, handles, bumpers, wiper blades, mirrors, truck bed covers, seals, mud flaps, pads and more.
- RESTORE PLASTIC ON A VARIETY OF SURFACES: While the product is designed for use on your vehicles, it can be used on ATVs, UTVs, boats, and other recreational vehicles with plastic vinyl trim. A little goes a long way!
- UNMATCHED IN THE INDUSTRY: Solution Finish provides top-notch quality products and stands behind each one with a customer satisfaction guarantee. For long-lasting results and a durable finish, you can count on Solution Finish products.
- NEW Improved Formula - 6 oz. of Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye
- Applicator Brush included
- Bumper & Trim Reconditioner will only adhere to porous plastic, rubber, and vinyl.
- It permanently dyes all textured black plastic, rubber and vinyl with the same polymers that the manufacturers use.
- Do not allow to dry on paint. Keep damp rag available to remove excess.
- VERSATILITY: This top-quality car plastic restorer works for all makes of car, trucks, buses, caravans and motorcycles. Car scratch repair on door panels are disappeared by a single wipe, with a nylon sponge already included in the full applicator kit, for a brilliant shine.
- DESIGNED IN GERMANY: Suited for all types of plastics (hard and soft) that are not sealed or varnished such PVC (vinyl), rubber, leather and synthetic leather. The product penetrates deeply and bonds with the plastic. As a result, it can last many years without the need for further treatment. Saving you time and money!
- LIKE-NEW: After a treatment with our car restorer cream, surfaces on the car look refreshed again as if they just came from the factory. Deterioration of the plastic is reversed, and the interior will look good as new again.
- WATER RESISTANT: Since the paint protectant bonds well with the substrate, it is long lasting and does not stain. The plastic paint is highly resistant to abrasion and can increases the value of your car or motorcycle.
- COVERS 16.15 ft2: The color is easy to apply and does not need to be repeatedly applied, making it easy and very economical. With this complete DIY set everything you need is included to get started immediately.
- ✅ Results That Last! – Are you tired of wasting time and money on plastic restorers that claim to last long? They always look great in the beginning.. only to fade after a few days, or maybe a month if it’s decent! Our product will renew, seal and protect any interior/exterior surface and WILL LAST.. for several MONTHS! Stop purchasing cheap junk with false claims, our product will out last all of them!
- ✅ Survives Rain! – Does this sound familiar? You spent all that time perfectly applying a new product and it looks great! Wow, you finally found the one! BUT… after the first rain-fall you look in disgust at yet another crappy product that left ugly streaks down the side of your beautiful vehicle... STOP THE MADNESS! Our product repels water and stays looking good for several months! Never again will you feel that disappointment!
- ✅ No More Oily Mess! – Do you hate all the oily, greasy gel dressing products that stay wet and never fully dry? That describes about 90% of the plastic and trim restorers on the market today! Well lucky you! We made a product that will restore and leave a great finish, but more importantly, it will completely dry to the touch! No more ruining your detailing towels and supplies with cheap oil based products!
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products are made with the latest advancements in science, using the best equipment available. This helps us make consistently high quality products that always work great! Every formula we make is mixed and bottled, in the USA, by hard working Americans!
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If You're Not Happy! If you're not happy with our product, for ANY REASON at all, get in contact with CAR GUYS anytime after your purchase, and we’ll be happy to provide a full refund. So what are you waiting for?! -- Click 'Add to Cart' Now!
- Forever Black Bumper & Trim Kit
- Kit includes: one 6-oz of forever black bumper and trim dye, one 4-oz of forever black cleaner concentrate and one applicator brush
- Permanently dyes all textured black plastic, rubber and vinyl with the same polymers that the manufacturers use
- Bumper and Trim Reconditioner will only adhere to porous plastic, rubber and vinyl
- Protects against UV damage
- 2 pack
- 6 oz. of Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye
- 4 oz. of Forever Black Cleaner Concentrate & Applicator Brush
- Excellent For Vinyl, Plastic, Carpet And Velour
- Elastomeric Coating - Will Not Crack
- Superior Adhesion, Flexibility And Hiding
- Ready To Spray
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE! - You read it right! We'll come right out and make a guarantee that nobody else will. Cerakote Trim Coat is a CERAMIC coating that will last 2 years or your money back, no questions asked! Our product is NOT a temporary greasy dressing that will disappear after a couple washes or a good rain. Unlike other products, there's no "top secret" sauce that apparently makes a product last for a couple months… This is a CERAMIC coating that is guaranteed to last, FOR 2 YEARS!!
- DOESN'T WASH OFF! - You've done it over and over again. You buy the new magical product that claims it lasts "a long time" (whatever that means) and you spend a bunch of time applying it, greasing up rags, squirting it all over the place and by the time you get a couple days of rain, you're back to where you started. We'll make you a deal. If Cerakote Trim Coat washes off within the first 200 washes, we'll give you your money back! STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY on cheap products that don't last!
- RESTORES AND PROTECTS YOUR TRIM - Unlike other cheap products that give you a temporary greasy shine until they wash off, Cerakote Trim Coat will actually restore AND protect your trim. You read our guarantee, Trim Coat will RESTORE and PROTECT your plastic trim for 2 years. Period. No gimmicks, no fine print, no secrets.. Just a CERAMIC coating that actually cures to your vehicle's plastic giving it years of protection, while looking amazing.
- NO MORE GREASY MESS! - One Cerakote Trim Coat Kit comes with a pair of gloves and 10 individually packaged, pre-moistened wipes. It's simple, you follow the instructions, open a pack and start wiping. You don't need to spray greasy product all over your vehicle and rub it in, or squirt gel on a pad and start buffing while destroying pads, towels and your clothes. What happens later that day when you step on your greasy running board or lean on your bumper? Grease. Tons of it.
- IT'S SCIENCE - Buyer beware! There's a big difference between secret snake oil, and science. Don't be fooled into purchasing "top secret" ingredient and additive products that make false claims. What's the secret to Trim Coat? We'll be straight-up because we develop, manufacture, package and ship all our products here at Cerakote HQ where we have in-house, world-class chemists. Trim Coat is a CERAMIC based product that brings out the pigments and bonds to your plastic. That's science.
- Renews And Protects Discolored Trim & Bumpers
- Superior Adhesion
- Dry To Touch In 30 Minutes/Handle In 1 Hour
- Provides A Uniform Solid Color
- Flash point: -18.0 degrees_celsius
Best Automotive Trim Dye Buying Guide
Before choosing the best automotive trim dye you should consider following options:
1. Color Match: A lot of times, people replace a part and don’t realize the existing paint is different than the rest of the vehicle. When replacing a bumper or hood, you should make sure the new part matches the color of the rest of the car.
You can do this by looking at the color code sticker on the old part and comparing it to the color codes of new parts. You can also take a piece of the old part to the auto parts store to have the color matched.
2. Preparing the Area: If you are replacing a part that is attached to the paint, such as a bumper or hood, you will want to prep the area in which you will be working.
You can scrape away any decayed areas of paint and sand the area smooth. This will help the new paint adhere to the surface.
3. Clean the Surface: Before applying the primer and top coat, you will want to make sure the surface is as clean as possible.
You can use soap and water or a degreaser to clean the surface. Be sure to wipe the surface dry with a clean cloth before applying the new paint.
4. Reading the Directions: Before applying the paint, it is important to read the directions. In many cases, the paint will need to dry for a specified amount of time before applying another coat.
Some paint kits come with a layer of primer, while others do not. If the paint kit you purchased does not include a primer, you will need to apply that coat of paint before applying the top coat.
5. Applying the New Paint: It is important to apply the paint in the correct order. The top coat will usually include special additives that will help the paint adhere to the surface.
It is very important to apply this coat first. The paint will also include a layer of primer that will help the paint adhere to the surface.
This coat should be applied after the old paint has been removed. If the old paint has not been removed, the new paint may not adhere to the surface and could peel off.
What else you should know about automotive trim dye
1. What is automotive trim dye?
Automotive trim dye is a type of dye that is used to color the trim on a vehicle.
2. What are the benefits of using automotive trim dye?
Dyeing your car’s trim can be an easy and effective way to change its look without having to spend a lot of money. It can also help to protect the trim from fading and other damage.
3. What are the best methods for applying automotive trim dye?
The best methods for applying automotive trim dye are to use a clean cloth or foam applicator, to apply the dye in a well-ventilated area, and to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. When should automotive trim dye be applied?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the specific product being used. However, in general, it is recommended that automotive trim dye be applied after the vehicle has been washed and dried, and before any other treatments or products are applied.
5. What are the most common problems associated with automotive trim dye?
The most common problems associated with automotive trim dye are fading, cracking, and peeling.
On the market, there are numerous best automotive trim dye. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best automotive trim dye will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.