With the introduction of computers in the workplace, the need for a faster and more accurate way to read and process information became more apparent. Bar code scanners were developed to help automate the process of cataloging and tracking inventory, as well as to help speed up transactions at checkout. To help you select the best bar code scanner for your needs, we’ve rounded up the top products on the market.
Read on to learn more about our favorite bar code scanners.
Our Editor’s Best Bar Code Scanners Reviews
- Long Distance Wireless Transmission Technology.Delivers up to 400m transmission in open air/100m transmission indoor. No More Data Cable Needed, easily connected with your laptop, PC etc.
- Come with 2600mAh Large Battery, full charge allows 30 working days if scans 2000 barcodes a day, which can greatly extend working hours and improve your work efficiency.
- Two paring mode: One-to-one mode,More-to-one mode. At one-to-one mode,one scanner only transmit barcode to the one usb receiver. AT More-to-one mode,Multiple scanners can transmit barcode to the one usb receiver - ideal in a warehouse where several people are scanning at once.
- Two working mode:Instant upload mode / storage mode. Internal offline storage supports up to 100,000 barcodes in offline storage mode. Scan and store barcode when far away from the receiver,and then update the data to your device when you come back entering the wireless transmission range.
- Two scanning mode:Key the trigger to begin scanning or switch to automatic mode for quick scanning without pressing any buttons
- Plug and play, This laser handheld barcode scanner has simple installation with any USB port and Ideal for businesses, shops and warehouse operations. Its function is unbeatable and easy to use, design is stylish
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux; works with Word, Excel, Novell, and all common software
- Scanning Speed: 200 scans per second. Scanning angle: Inclination angle 55°, Elevation angle 65°. Operational Light Source:Visible Laser 650-670nm.
- Decode Capability: Code11, Code39, Code93, Code32, Code128, Coda Bar, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN.EAN/UPC Add-on2/5 MSI/Plessey, Telepen and China Postal Code,Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5 ; 300 configurable options for prefix, suffix and termination strings
- Color: Black. Dimensions: 3.6 x 2.6 x 6.1 inches. Type of Cable: 2M or 6ft straight cable. Shock: 1.5m drop on concrete surface. Regulatory Approvals: FCC CE.
- 【Excellent Decording Ability】This bluetooth 2D QR barcode scanner could be omnidirectional reading of 1D, 2D, Postal bar codes, support full 2D barcodes like PDF417, MicroPDF417, Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code.This image bar code scanners not only reading barcodes from paper but also from phone ,laptop or PC screen .A great convenience for mobile payment at stores
- 【3 in 1 Bluetooth Wireless Connection】Compatible with Bluetooth Function; 2.4G Wireless connection receiver; Wired connection. Easily connected with your laptop, PC, mobile phone, tablet, iphone, ipad, POS. Work with Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS, Windows Mobile, Android OS, iOS
- 【Instant upload mode & Storage mode】: the wireless barcode scanner has 2 upload mode. Internal offline storage supports up to 130,00 barcodes in offline storage mode. Scan and store barcode when far away from the receiver of your device, and then update.
- 【Long Working Time & Fast Scanning Speed】: Built-in Battery, it can support 9 hours Continuous scanning and 2 months standby after 4hours full charge. The scanning speed can up to 1500 Times/Second.
- 【2 Years Warranty】NETUM focus on providing good products and service, 2 year warranty from the date of purchase. If there is any issue, please feel free to contact us.
- Bluetooth Barcode Scanner for iPhone iPad Android Tablet PC, Support Mac OS X, Android, Windows 10 and ipad IOS 9
- With the scanner's CCD sensor Engine Support reading linear barcode directly from a Computer Screen and mobile phone
- Easy your work trigger the button then the barcode scanner will start to pair, Support HID and SPP mode
- 2000mAh battery squeeze up to 30 hours of continuous scanning for your inventories or working hours, easily recharge in only 2 hours via the included USB charging cable
- Connects with smartphones, tablets, or Bluetooth-enabled computers, works with computer, smartphone, tablet and mobile PDA(Note: It does not work with square POS)
- Best Bar Code Scanner:
- The best bar code scanner at your help. Informative app which helps you to buy your stuff. The bar code gives information about a product. With the scanner you can scan the product. You can as-well input the bar code number manually. The app scans QR codes also. The app works and its not a prank application. Download the free Bar code scanner.
- English (Publication Language)
- 【Super Mini Pocket 1D Scanner】: Completely mini pocket size and 35g/1.23oz ultralightweight, making our this Eyoyo barcode scanner to be a better choice for portable use. especially for book store, online store, sales shop, warehouse, etc place.
- 【3-in-1 Connection Ways】: You can according to your needs to switch between 2.4G wireless & Bluetooth & USB wired three types of connection mode more convenient . also Eyoyo Bluetooth barcode scanner delivers up to 30m/98ft transmission distance in barrier free under the 2.4G wireless mode, up to 50m/164ft transmission distance barrier free under the Bluetooth mode.
- 【Advanced 1D Scan Technology】: Eyoyo 1D scanner easily capture 1D code including UPC/EAN, Code39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Code93, Code 128, Codabar, Industry25, Matrix25, etc barcode. Also with super decoding ability support scan damaged barcode, distortion barcode, colorful barcode and reflective barcode, etc special barcode.
- 【High Compatibility & 650mAh High Capacity Battery】: Eyoyo Bluetooth scanner can connect with laptop, PC, POS, smartphone, tablet, iPhone, iPad and computers to perfectly work with common operating systems such as windows xp/7/8/10, Mac OS, Linux, Windows Mobile. Also with 650mAh rechargeable battery can continuously work for 5 hours after 2 hours fully charged.
- 【Multiple Configuration Options】: Eyoyo wireless barcode scanner support instant upload and storage mode two types use modes, also support turn on or off the sound and vibration, hide/add custom prefix/suffix digits, delete character, add keyboard keys (TAB, CR&LF, etc.) to the scanning operation and so on. freely choose by your needs.
- 【Tera Magic Aiming System & Vibrating Alert】Lightning speed read rate coupled with a large depth of field means no more frustrating delays trying to get your scanner at just the right angle and distance. In addition to a sound and LED illumination, when a scan is successful, you will receive a tactile signal in the form of a mild vibration. Buzzer can be set to mute to allow for a quiet operation.
- 【Versatile 3-in-1 Transmission】Tera barcode scanner can work via 2.4Ghz wireless + USB 2.0 wired. It is compatible with Bluetooth as well. Supports Windows and Mac OS; works with Word, Excel, Novell; and almost all common software. It is widely used in supermarkets, shopping malls, cosmetic stores, retail industry, postal industry, logistics, banks and medical institutions.
- 【Large 2000mAh Battery, 60 Days Standby】Large 2000mAh built-in battery, standby time is as long as 60 days. Continuous scanning time can be up to 16.5-19.5 hours when fully charged. Worry free on a single full charge.
- 【Shockproof Silicone Design】The bright orange silicone protective cover can avoid scratches and friction while falling from your desk or the shelf. The use of bright orange color makes the scanner pleasant to look at ,and easy to find when it is put away somewhere you can't immediately think of.
- 【Digital and Printed 1D 2D Code Supported】Symbologies: 1D: Codabar, Code 11, Code93, MSI, Code 128, UCC/EAN-128, Code 39, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, ISBN, Industrial 25, Interleaved 25, Standard25, Matrix 2D: QR, DataMatrix, PDF417, Aztec, Hanxin, Micro PDF417. It can read barcode displayed on computer monitor.
- ➤Superior recognition ability - Fast accurate reading speed, 32Bit CPU super decoding ability that the speed can up to 300/sec, equiped with upgraded CMOS sensor, which can easily capture 1D/ 2D（QR/ PDF417/ Data Matrix,etc） bar codes from paper and screen, that can read even deformed barcodes, i.e. smudged, damaged, fuzzy, reflective barcodes, etc.
- ➤2.4G USB Wireless+USB 2.0 Wired Connection - The barcode reader support cordless scanning with a 2.4G mini USB receiver, which allow you to scan bar code in every corner of your library and warehouse. Also, it can scan barcodes with a USB cable which will charge the scanner gun at the same time. Just plug the USB receiver or cable and scan, don't need driver.
- ➤Professional Anti-Shock Silicone Design - The silicone protective cover can avoid the scratches and friction while falling from the height of 6.56 feet; the technical of IP54 sturdy which protect the wireless barcode scanner from dust and moisture.
- ➤Auto Scanning & Storage Mode - Manual Scan & Auto-sensing Scan & Continuous Scan. Two working mode: Instant upload mode / storage mode. Scan and store barcodes, then update the data to your device when you come back entering the wireless transmission range. Internal offline storage supports up to 100,000 barcodes in offline storage mode.
- ➤Special Functions - Editable prefix or suffix reaches 32 digits. Capable of hiding part of a barcode . You can also contact us to customize the product to suit your specific need. For more information, please refer to product description.
- With convenient charging dock, providing power whenever you put the scanner on the charging dock.
- The portable bar code scanner comes with 3-in-1 Connection Design：Compatible with Blue Tooth Function; 2.4G Wireless connection with the Base receiver; Wired connection. Easily connected with your laptop, PC, mobile phone, tablet, iphone, ipad, POS. Work with Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS, Windows Mobile, Android OS, iOS
- The small bar code reader is light and great for carry around with you for the long haul. Long Range Barcode Scanners are equipped with special signal communication，delivering up to 50m /164ft transmission distance in the barrier-free environments.
- The imager Barcode Scanner is equiped with advanced CMOS sensor, which can easily capture 1D/ 2D（QR/ PDF417/ Data Matrix,etc） bar codes from paper and screen, such as computer monitor, smartphone or tablet, effectively compensate for the problem that laser scanner can not identify screen code.
- Two upload mode :Instant upload mode / Storage mode. Internal offline storage supports up to 100,000 barcodes in offline storage mode. Scan and store barcode when far away from the receiver, and then batch upload the data to your device when you need it.
Best Bar Code Scanners Buying Guide
Before choosing the best bar code scanners you should consider following options:
1. Decide on the type of barcode scanner: There are three types of barcode scanners available: handheld, desktop and tablet.
If you’re looking for a portable model to use in the office or on the move, you have a choice between handheld and wearable barcode scanners.
The main difference is that handheld barcode scanners have a single long handle, while wearable scanners are designed to clip onto your pocket or scan the barcode while it’s in your line of sight.
Desktop barcode scanners are self-explanatory, and are designed to sit on a desk.
2. Decide on the type of scanner technology: You also need to consider the different types of scanner technology available and which one best suits your requirements.
Laser scanners are the most accurate, but they may be exposed to high levels of dust and moisture.
They also have a shorter lifespan than their counterparts, and are more expensive.
Stick scanners are the least expensive, but they are not as accurate.
The third option is a 2D scanner, which is suitable for reading barcodes printed on labels or packaging.
3. Decide on the resolution and sampling rate: Resolution refers to the level of detail the scanner can capture.
The higher the resolution, the greater detail the image will have, so a barcode can be easily read.
If the resolution is too low, the image will be blurry and the barcode scanner may have difficulty reading the code.
The sampling rate refers to how quickly the scanner can capture an image. The faster the sampling rate, the faster the scanner can capture and read the code.
4. Decide on connectivity options: You also need to consider the connectivity options the scanner offers.
This will help you determine how it can be integrated into your existing workflow.
Some barcode scanners offer Wi-Fi connectivity, while others may have Bluetooth connectivity, offering the flexibility to be used in many different environments.
5. Decide on the total cost of ownership: The cost of a barcode scanner should not only include the price of the device itself but also the total cost of ownership.
This includes all the ongoing maintenance, service and support costs.
Some barcode scanners come with comprehensive warranties, while others only offer limited warranties.
Some companies offer warranties on the hardware and others on the software.
It’s also important to consider any included or optional services, such as annual or biannual maintenance contracts.
You should also consider the cost of consumables, such as batteries, sleeves and labels.
What else you should know about bar code scanners
1. What is a bar code scanner?
A bar code scanner is a device that can read and interpret bar codes.
2. How do bar code scanners work?
The bar code scanner is a device that can read and interpret barcodes. It consists of a light source, a lens and a light sensor that converts the barcode image into electrical signals. These signals are then decoded by the scanner and sent to a computer for further processing.
3. What are the benefits of using a bar code scanner?
Some benefits of using a bar code scanner include increased accuracy, efficiency, and productivity. Bar code scanners can help reduce errors, save time, and improve your bottom line.
4. What are the different types of bar code scanners?
The most common types of bar code scanners are handheld scanners, fixed-position scanners, and in-counter scanners.
5. How do I choose the right bar code scanner for my business?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best bar code scanner for your business will depend on a number of factors, including the type of business you have, the products you sell, and the volume of sales you make. However, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help you choose the right bar code scanner for your business. First, you will need to decide whether you need a handheld or desktop bar code scanner. If you have a small business with low volume sales, a handheld scanner may be sufficient. However, if you have a larger business with high volume sales, you will likely need a desktop scanner. Second, you will need to decide on the features you need. Some bar code scanners come with built-in memory, while others require an external memory card. You will also want to consider the scanning speed and accuracy of the scanner. Finally, you will need to decide on a budget. Bar code scanners can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
On the market, there are numerous best bar code scanners. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best bar code scanners will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.