When you spend countless hours on the field and practice day in and day out, it’s only a matter of time before you experience knee soreness. Even if you warm up before practice, or wear protective gear, you can still experience sore knees. If you are not wearing the right knee pads for your needs, you could be doing more harm than good to your knees.
To help you find the best knee pads for your needs, we’ve turned to reviews from real customers on Amazon who have purchased and used these products for themselves. These best-sellers not only have near-perfect ratings, but they also have countless glowing reviews describing why they’re so great.
Read on for the best baseball and softball knee pads on the market.
Our Editor’s Best Baseball Softball Knee Pads Reviews
- Protective knee pad to be worn under pants
- Prevents scratches and abrasions from sliding
- Made of neoprene / polyester / nylon for secure fit
- One size fits most
- Slide with Confidence
- Complete lateral knee and shin protection
- Inner 3/8 inch neoprene panels for maximum protection
- Contoured design offers a wide base that fully protects the front, side and lower knee from slide abrasions and bruises
- Thin designed can fit underneath pants
- Youth Sized (OSFM)
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 2 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 12 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 20 Inches
- ► MAXIMUM PROTECTION & PAIN RELIEF: High elastic fabric and thick honeycomb pad, protecting you against scratches and impact on your knee; Use as a guard and protect your knees from minor scratches and abrasions. Easily regulate body temperature, wear as a base layer for added comfort as knee warmers. Increase blood flow and circulation throughout knees, thigh and foot. Help muscles recover faster from training and general soreness. Provide mild pain relief from over-use.
- ► OUTSTANDING QUALITY & MAXIMUM COMFORT: Mixed fabric of polyamide and spandex, exquisite design technology, light smooth & high elastic fitting, rapid perspiration, drying and good breathable are useful to protect the leg and knee from pulling during in outdoor activities.
- ► UNIQUE DESIGN:* Honeycomb Crashproof Pads*--conform to your knee providing ultimate flexibility and protection. *Dual-Layer Wicking*--keeps muscles warm, dries quickly with the most advanced material available. *Non-Slip Inner Silicone Strip*--Embedded elastic slip strip, prevent Leg Sleeve being loose when movement, and it is useful to coordinate muscle capacity and to protect the skin. *Flat Lock Seam Stitching*--Allows flexible mobility with reduced chafing or skin irritation.
- ► MULTIPLE USE: Our knee sleeves are ideal for all outdoor activities and all kinds of sports, such as basketball, softball, baseball, soccer, badminton, football, tennis, running, martial arts, riding, skating cycling, golf and more. Light, Flexible and breathable, setting No restriction to your movement.
- ► 100% MONEY-BACK or FREE EXCHANGE GUARANTEE: Buy the item with confidence! Either you love it or get full refund! Just let us know what the problem is and we will take care of the rest without any extra cost. You also can email us if you're not satisfied with the item you received, we will distribute a brand new product for you free of charge. No questions asked!
- PREMIUM CATCHER'S KNEE SUPPORTS: Reduce pressure on knees and joints with these soft sport wedges
- REDUCES STRESS & STRAIN ON KNEES: Creates a padded resting cushion between the thighs and calves
- DURABLE ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Molded wedge shape retains its form even after months of avid use
- SOFT SUPPORTIVE CUSHIONING: Lightweight cushioning still allows for a full range of movements
- BEST FOR YOUTH ATHLETES: Champion Sports knee saver is best for youth players 5’7 inches and shorter
- 1 knee guard pad with 3/8 inch thick foam that gives superior protection when fielding or sliding
- Patented "keyhole" design for superior flexibility: Open back design reduces bulkiness; Side wings provide added protection to the knee
- Nylon/spandex fits comfortably around back of leg without restricting freedom of movement
- Breathable foam padding provides extra coolness and comfort; Machine washable
- X-SMALL - 4.75 inch pad width and 14.0 inch pad length with a 9.5 inch thigh circumference and an 8.0 inch calf circumference
- DESIGNED FOR YOUTH CATCHERS | Ages 9-12
- GAME PROVEN | Tested for performance and durability
- READY TO THROW | Pop up faster with more agility
- COMFORT + SUPPORT | Take the strain off your knees
- EASY INSTALL | Attaches to any catcher's leg guard
- 🏀 Multifunctional Honeycomb eblow pads: Featuring breathable, light & smooth fabrics, high elastic fitting, exquisite design technology, rapid perspiration and fast drying. A useful protector FOR kids / Youth. The knee pads with wirst guards are designed for kids’ saftey when doing sports.
- 🏀 Used for Basketball, Baseball, Football, Volleyball, Wrestling, Cycling, Skating, Skateboard, biking, skating, rolling, ATV, BMX, and more activities & games.
- 🏀 The pads would put some pressure to the body for the safty reason, which could allow the body to hold the right position while playing volleyball, basketball, football, and other outdoor sports such as bicycle & skateboad riding and inline skating.
- 🏀 PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SIZING CHART AND MEASURE YOUR CIRCUMFERENCE BASED ON OUR INSTRUCTIONS: YS is fit for kids aged 5 - 8, YM for 7 - 10 years old children, YL for 9 - 12 years old, and YXL for children aged 11 - 15. Notice:hand wash.
- ★★★★★ [WHAT CAN YOU GET] 100% SATISFACTION; Hassle Free Refund; No Hassle Reshipping. (No matter who it is and whether it is teared, damaged or defective, just send pictures to us, AceList would mail the replacement to you for free.)
- COMPLETE PROTECTION: Get complete confidence knowing that your legs and knees will be protected should you happen to fall or slide. Great protection for baseball, softball, biking, skateboarding and more!
- FOR ALL SPORTS & ACTIVITIES: The fit on our knee protector pad compression sleeves lets players move freely in every direction without sliding down the leg.
- MOISTURE WICKING: Our compression sleeves wick away sweat to keep you cool and comfortable when the game heats up!
- PERFECT COMPRESSION FABRIC BLEND: The 82% polyester, 18% Lycra spandex material is soft, stretchy and breathable. Itch free material allows you to wear them all game long.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Buy our knee protector sleeves worry free! Don’t LOVE them? Simply return them! We back all of our products with a 100% guarantee!
- long softball sliding pad
- extra long protects bottom of the thigh, knee, calf and shin from abrasions caused by sliding
- sold individually
- fits right or left leg
Best Baseball Softball Knee Pads Buying Guide
Before choosing the best baseball/softball knee pads you should consider following options:
1. Material: If you are playing baseball, you will need a much lighter knee pad compared to what you will need for softball.
If you are playing softball, you will want a knee pad that is a little bit heavier because you will be on your knees for extended periods of time.
Most knee pads are made with synthetic leather or synthetic leather with foam inserts.
Synthetic leather is lighter and is perfect for baseball. Foam-backed knee pads are best for softball.
2. Sizing: Knee pads come in different sizes, so make sure you get the right size. A properly fitted pair of knee pads will give you the support you need without limiting your range of motion.
Measure your thigh circumference just above your knees. This measurement will determine the size of the knee pads.
If you are a male, typically you will want a pair of knee pads that fits a little bit looser.
If you are a female, you will want a knee pad that is a little bit tighter.
3. Protection: This is one of the most important factors to consider when looking for a pair of knee pads.
You want knee pads that provide the right amount of protection. Typically, knee pads will have different levels of protection.
You can typically tell what level of protection a knee pad offers by how it feels when you put it on.
If the knee pad is too heavy, it probably offers more protection. If the knee pad is too light, it probably offers less protection.
4. Cost: It’s important to consider the price of the knee pads you are looking to purchase.
Knee pads can range in price from a few dollars to over $100. It’s important to make sure you get the right pair of knee pads for your budget.
What else you should know about baseball softball knee pads
1. Do knee pads protect against all types of injuries?
No, knee pads will not protect against all types of injuries. They are designed to protect the knee from impact and abrasion injuries.
2. Do they need to be worn all the time during practices and games?
There is no definitive answer, as it depends on the league and the team. Some leagues and teams require that players wear mouthguards during practices and games, while others only require them during games. Ultimately, it is up to the league and team to decide whether or not players are required to wear mouthguards during practices and games.
3. How do you know if the knee pads fit properly?
The knee pads should fit snugly and not move around on the knee.
4. What is the difference between baseball and softball knee pads?
Baseball knee pads are typically lower-profile and do not extend as far up the thigh as softball knee pads.
5. Do any professional baseball or softball players wear knee pads?
Some do, but it is not required.
On the market, there are numerous best baseball softball knee pads. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best baseball softball knee pads will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.