You’ve just purchased a brand new car, and you’re so excited to take it for a spin. You start up the engine, back out of the driveway, and turn onto the street. You’re speeding up to make a left turn when you hit a large crack in the road, and your car starts to swerve uncontrollably. You try to regain control but the car won’t respond. You hit the curb and then careen into a lamp post. Suddenly your pristine car is a total disaster.
The damage is so bad that you have to have your car towed to a professional body shop. You cringe as you imagine how much it’s going to cost to repair the bumper, fender, and hood, not to mention the rest of the car.
When the insurance company finally pays out, you start looking for a body shop and a spray gun that can help you repair your car and make it look like new again.
Well, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll help you select the right spray gun for your body repair needs, and we’ll also help you figure out if body repair paint is right for you.
Read on to learn more.
Our Editor’s Best Body Repair Paint Spray Guns Reviews
- [Increase Shop Productivity]: Reduce paint defects when you prevent moisture and particles from affecting your airlines and paint jobs with the ABN 10 Pack Disposable Paint Gun Filter Set
- [Fits Your Tools]: Automotive paint gun parts each feature a 1/4-inch (0.6cm) diameter threaded end to fit your HVLP auto paint sprayer and pneumatic air tools
- [Compact for Easy Use]: Spray gun regulator filters are made of thick ABS plastic for durability and resistance to wear, water, and shock; Unlike longer filters, the condensed 2.7-inch (6.8cm) length will not make the use of your car paint gun awkward or uncomfortable
- [Optimal Flow Rate]: With a maximum 70 PSI rating, you can ensure your process is running smoothly; High flow design minimizes pressure drop to sprayer
- [Contents]: Package includes 10 automotive paint gun filters disposable spray filters; Designed to be replaced after each use
- Perfect for people that love Auto Body Repair!
- Cool Paint Spray Gun simple round design!
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- AUTOMOTIVE CUSTOMIZING SPRAY GUN: Use the Moto Coat Complete Sprayer to apply coatings on your car exterior, truck bed, recreational vehicle, trailer and more
- APPLIES PROTECTIVE AND DECORATIVE COATINGS: Applies everything from heavy truck bed coatings and undercoating to light materials such as rubberized peelable coating and auto finishing paints
- TWO NOZZLES INCLUDED: The Detail Finish Nozzle applies a smooth, even coat on your automobile surface while the iSpray Nozzle can be used for a thicker, textured coat on truck beds and undercarriages
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS CREATE IDEAL FINISH: Adjustability such as material volume flow, pattern direction and width allow for precise spraying on your vehicle
- PORTABLE PAINT SPRAYER: The self-contained sprayer features a spark contained motor and 39 ft. hose, allowing you to safely and easily move around your project
- 【Save Paint & Time & Cost】320mm wide spray width and 65% high transfer efficiency, quicker and less paint to finish your painting work.
- 【Superior Finish】Less than 0.16mm atomized particles, whether use for varnish or topcoat, it can achieve a mirror-like spray effect.
- 【Enjoy Painting】1.39lbs lightweight with sensitive knobs, reduce your operating fatigue. Aerospace aluminum alloy gun body, sturdy yet very comfortable to hold.
- 【Fashion & Unique】Modern style with 2 appearance patents and 1 utility model patent.
- 【Easy to Clean】With multi-threading design air cap and removable air guide ring, easy to take apart for thorough cleaning.
- Package Include: 1 x Spray Gun; 1 x 1.4mm Nozzle; 1 x 1.7mm Nozzle; 1 x 2.5mm Nozzle (1 nozzle was pre-installed to the spray gun); 1 x 1000cc Aluminum Cup(1L); 1x True Micrometer Air Regulator with Gauge; 1 x Barbed Tail; 1 x Adjustment Wrench
- This spray gun set is designed to provide equal atomization and partical size for all kinds of surface painting.
- It has control knobs for full adjustment over spray pattern, fluid control and air pressure. Contains 1.4mm/1.7mm/2.5mm stainless steel needles and nozzles set to meet your different applications
- Light weight, ergonomic design and easy trigger pivot reduces operating fatigue.
- Ideal for spraying base coats, clear coats and other high viscosity coatings such as extreme high build or polyester primers, thick enamels, latex paints, chip guard, metal flakes, gel coats, liquid mask, etc. Two years warranty.
- Spray gun nozzle is made of high purity brass to create 15 holes, adopt low pressure and high atomization technologthe atomization is more delicate and the area is larger.Each air spray gun is equipped with a fine nozzle size that is perfect for applcations and projects around the house
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) technology provides a higher transfer of materials while reducing bounce back and overspray, increase transfer efficiency of the coating materials to the surface. With our spray gun you also get a significant material savings, which is up to 25-40%
- The HVLP gravity feed spray gun has control knobs for full adjustment over spray pattern, fluid control and air pressure. Contains 1.4mm/1.7mm/2.0mm stainless steel needles and applicable for industrial, boats and ships, wood working, household appliances, leather, plastic material, furniture, construction, etc.
- Our spray gun kit Light weight, ergonomic design and easy trigger pivot reduces operating fatigue. Easy to set up and clean up with provided brush after using it spraying.
- Package Include: 1 x Spray Gun; 1 x 1.4mm Nozzle; 1 x 1.7mm Nozzle; 1 x 2.0mm Nozzle; 1 x 1000cc Aluminum Cup(1L); 1x True Micrometer Air Regulator with Gauge; 1 x Barbed Tail; 1 x Adjustment Wrench
- Spray the Full Spectrum of Coatings Using this Quality 3 Gun Set of High Performance HVLP Spray Guns. You Get All the Premium Features and Benefits, without the Premium Price!
- Spray Base-coats, Clear-coats, Single Stages, Primers and More. Guns Provide Fully Atomized Spray Patterns, So You Can Achieve Professional Finish Results.
- The 1.4 mm Fluid Tip Gun is Ideal for Base-coats, Clear-coats and other Light to Medium Viscosity Materials.
- The 1.8mm Fluid Tip Gun is excellent for Primers, Oil Base, Latex, and other Medium to Heavy Viscosity Coatings. Use the 1.0 mm Tip Detail Gun for Tight Areas and Touchup.
- Full One Year Warranty
- READ CAREFULLY! THIS IS NOT A SPRAY GUN!!! THIS IS A LIGHT WITH LOW TO HIGH LIGHT SETTING AND TOUCHLESS FEATURE. DIM LIGHT, FOCUSED LIGHT, BRIGHT LIGHT...
- GunBudd Easily snaps on to any spray gun cup that you have! (so you can clearly see in those hard to reach areas!) Snaps on your spray gun in less than 5 seconds!Allows you to spray lower rocker panels, wheel wells, door, trunk, and hood jambs and even in engine compartments with 100% brilliant light. You will never have a problem with low lighting and shadows.
- Allows you to spray all types of paint better - Easily blend metallic paint better, spray a more uniform candy coat, spray graphics better, have an easier time with blend jobs, and much more!
- GunBudd helps you eliminate nasty paint runs! - Most paint runs are caused because of bad lighting in the booth or garage. Not anymore when you snap-on a GunBudd!
- Makes your paint life much easier - No more tripping on or getting caught up in cords while painting. DIY enthusiasts and professional painters love GunBudd!
- PRECISION SPRAY PERFORMANCE: Delivers high transfer efficiency, a large adjustable fan pattern with smooth trigger pull
- KIT INCLUDES: 1 Spray Gun, 15 Gravity HVLP Atomizing Heads, 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup with 5 lids and liners
- REPLACEABLE NOZZLES: 5 each of quick-change replaceable atomizing heads in size 1.2, 1.3, 1.4; it’s like getting a brand-new spray gun with every new nozzle
- PAINT SAVINGS: Superior transfer efficiency, with up to 26% less material waste than leading metal spray guns, you can mix less paint with the same or better coverage
- SPRAY A FULL RANGE OF AUTOMOTIVE COATINGS: Including solid colors, pearls, metallics, clearcoats, sealers and primers
- ONE GUN FOR ALL PAINT SPRAY NEEDS – 3M Accuspray handheld HVLP paint gun works with PPS 2. 0 disposable lids, liners and nozzles to measure, mix, filter and spray a variety of paint materials
- ALL-INCLUSIVE PAINT SPRAY KIT – Includes 1 AccuPark spray gun, 5 nozzles (1. 2 mm, 1. 3 mm, 1. 4 mm, 1. 8 mm, 2. 0 mm), 1 plastic paint cup, 5 disposable lids with integrated locking collar (4 with 200-micron filter, 1 with 125-micron filter), 5 disposable liners and 3 sealing plugs. Air compressor and hose coupler not included
- IMPROVED LID DESIGN – PPS 2. 0 lids feature an integrated quarter-turn locking collar, which helps eliminate cross-threading and paint buildup, as well as a new domed shape that holds up to 3 ounces of material below the filter, reducing sputter and improving spray performance
- REUSABLE PAINT CUP – PPS 2. 0 reusable hard plastic paint cup features printed-on universal mixing ratios and a clear access window so you can easily see the paint and remove the lid and liner
- VARIETY OF MATERIALS – The different nozzle options allow you to spray paints, stains, varnishes, basecoats, undercoats, primers, sealers, clear coats, gelcoats, spray able adhesives and more
Best Body Repair Paint Spray Guns Buying Guide
Before choosing the best body repair paint spray gun you should consider following options:
1. Air Pressure: The first thing that you should check while choosing a body shop paint gun is the air pressure that it uses. The guns that use a high air pressure are generally more efficient than the ones that use a low air pressure.
A high-pressure paint gun is essential while working on heavy-duty jobs where the paint has to cover a larger area in lesser time.
2. GPM: The second important thing that you should check while choosing a paint gun is the GPM of the gun. GPM stands for gallons per minute and is the measure of how much paint the gun can consume in a minute.
The higher the GPM, the more efficient the gun will be. You should always choose a paint gun that has a higher GPM for efficient and quick application of the paint.
3. Tip: You should check the type of tip that the paint gun uses. There are three main types of paint tips that you can choose from – needle, fan, and solid.
Needle tips are best for painting fine or complex lines, while fan tips are ideal for covering a large area. Solid tips are suitable for a dual purpose application.
4. The Volume of Paint: The paint volume of the gun refers to the amount of paint that can be held by the gun. This is generally measured in ounces or milliliters.
Generally, the more the volume of paint, the higher the efficiency of the gun. You should always choose a body shop paint gun that has a large volume so that the application process is quick and easy.
5. Maintenance: Maintenance is a very important aspect of a paint gun, which is often ignored by the users. Always check how easily the parts of the paint gun can be replaced and how expensive they are.
You should also check if the body shop paint gun uses paint-grade materials and if they are durable.
6. Price: Last but not the least; you should check the price of the paint gun that you wish to buy. There are a wide variety of body shop paint guns available in the market, so you can always compare prices and buy the one that suits your needs and budget.
There are many online portals from where you can check the prices of different paint guns and can even compare the features and specifications of different guns before buying one.
What else you should know about body repair paint spray guns
1. What are the different types of body repair paint spray guns?
The different types of body repair paint spray guns include airless paint sprayers, HVLP paint sprayers, LVLP paint sprayers, and conventional paint sprayers.
2. How do you choose the right body repair paint spray gun for your needs?
The best way to choose the right body repair paint spray gun for your needs is to consult with a professional. A professional will be able to evaluate your specific needs and recommend the best gun for your particular project.
3. What are the benefits of using a body repair paint spray gun?
A body repair paint spray gun can be used to repair paint damage on a car body. It can also be used to touch up paint on a car body.
4. How do you use a body repair paint spray gun?
Paint spray guns can be used for a variety of different projects, including painting cars, trucks, and other vehicles. When using a paint spray gun for body repair, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. In general, you will need to prepare the surface to be painted, mix the paint properly, and then use the paint spray gun to apply the paint evenly to the surface.
5. What are some tips for using a body repair paint spray gun?
Some tips for using a body repair paint spray gun include adjusting the air pressure and paint flow, thinning the paint as needed, and keeping the gun moving while spraying.
On the market, there are numerous best body repair paint spray guns. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best body repair paint spray guns will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.