A good set of car coaxial speakers can make your favorite music sound more full and immersive, whether you’re driving down the highway or listening to a live recording.
We spent hours researching and testing the best car speakers, evaluating each option on sound quality, sensitivity, and overall value. Our top pick, the BOSS Audio Systems Car Stereo Door Speakers, offers great quality sound and performance even when the volume is cranked up.
Here are the best car coaxial speakers.
Best Car Coaxial Speakers: Editor Recommended
Our Editor’s Best Car Coaxial Speakers Reviews
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 8 x 8 inches, Domestic Shipping: item can be shipped within U.S., Brand: Rockford Fosgate
- Item weight: 9.7 pounds, international Shipping: This item can be shipped to select count, MPN: 45790
- Shipping weight: 10 pounds, item model number: 45790
- High-sensitivity design
- High quality product
- Manufactured in Mexico
- Elite TX Series 6.5" Coaxial Speaker System - Includes 2 Speakers
- Peak Power - 200 Watts (Pair) | RMS Power - 100 Watts (Pair)
- Featuring a 1" High Performance Silk Dome Tweeter | 4 Ohm Impedance
- Frequency Response Range: 45 Hz - 20,000 Hz
- Powerful Ferrite Magnet | Sensitivity: 89 dB
- New Boss 6.5" 500 Watt 2-Way Car Speakers
- 500 Watt Total Pick Power Handling (250 Watt Each pair)
- Impedance: 4 ohms Each
- 30 oz. Magnet Structure
- 100Hz-18khz Frequency Response
- Features: 6-1/2" 2-way speakers, Carbon fiber-reinforced plastic woofer cone with specialized rubber surround, 1" silk dome tweeter, Handles up to 80 watts RMS (240 watts peak power), Frequency response: 70-22,000 Hz, Sensitivity: 88 dB, Top-mount depth: 2-5/16", and Grilles not included
- The CS-Series delivers remarkable performance and ultra-clean bass, utilizing a heavy-duty motor/magnet structure with EVC (Extended Voice Coil) for even deeper lows.
- By drastically reducing the mounting depth, CS-Series Coaxial and Three-Way Speakers will fit in nearly every make and model of vehicle on the road today.
- The perfect upgrade from your factory sound, a stamped-steel framework supports a rigid polypropylene cone and zero-protrusion PEI tweeters.
- UV-treated poly-foam surround resists heat or direct sunlight
- Neodymium tweeter magnets allow for increased volume in high frequencies
- Polyethylene-Naphthalate domed tweeters
- Handles up to 180W peak power (60W nominal) Provides rich sound.
- 50Hz - 21kHz frequency response produces a wide range of sound.
- Plus One woofer cone Improves sensitivity while reducing distortion.
- 2.3 ohms impedance Conducts power evenly to keep the speaker at an appropriate level
- 6.5” 2-way car speakers (pair)
- Hybrid fiber woofer with multi-roll rubber surround | 1" silk dome tweeter
- Handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- Frequency response: 65-29,000 Hz | Sensitivity: 88 dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-3/8"
- 6.5" CS Series 2-Way Car Speakers
- Power Handling: Peak: 300 watts / RMS: 30 watts
- Mica cone ; Ferrite Magnet-Woofer and Neodymium Magnet -Tweeter ; Hybrid Surround
- Hybrid Rubber and Cloth surround
- 1" Poly-Ether Imide balanced dome tweeter
Best Car Coaxial Speakers Buying Guide
Before choosing the best car coaxial speakers you should consider the following options:
1. Size: Coaxial speakers come in different sizes, but the most common are 6.5 inch and 5 inch. While the numbers refer to the diameter of the frame, the .75 generally refers to the depth of the frame.
Generally, 6.5 inch speakers are more suited for car stereos that have limited space. In some cases, they can also offer slightly better sound quality than 5 inch speakers.
On the other hand, 5-inch speakers are best suited for trucks and SUVs where there is more space available.
2. Power Handling: The power handling rating on your speakers refers to how much power they can handle before they get damaged.
It is expressed in watts RMS/ Peak, which means the wattage they can handle at a continuous rate for a period of time.
3. Sound Quality: While the size and power handling of your speakers can play a role in the sound quality, it’s the driver design that plays the most important role.
The best car coaxial speakers will have a good balance between tweeter and woofer, which will allow for crisp, clear highs and deep, rich lows.
4. Price: The price of your speakers can vary depending on the features, brand, and customer reviews. Generally, you can expect to pay around $30 to $60 for a pair of 5-inch speakers, while the price for 6.5-inch speakers can range from $15 to $50.
5. Brand: While all brands are not created equal, some do offer better quality than others. For example, JBL offers great speakers at a reasonable price, while Infinity is known for offering exceptional sound.
If you are happy with the sound quality of your current speakers, then you can simply replace the old ones with the exact same model.
However, if you want to get a marked improvement in the sound quality, then you will have to get a different pair of speakers.
6. Warranty: While it is unlikely that you will damage your car stereo speakers, it is still a possibility. A good warranty will ensure that your speakers are replaced, even if they get damaged.
Generally, warranty periods range from 1 to 3 years.
What else you should know about the best car coaxial speakers
1. What are the best car coaxial speakers on the market?
Some of the best car coaxial speakers on the market are the JBL GTO629, the Infinity Reference 6032cf, and the Alpine SPR-60.
2. What are the best features of car coaxial speakers?
Some of the features that might be considered when choosing car coaxial speakers include the size of the speaker, the wattage, the frequency range, and the sensitivity. Additionally, some people might prefer speakers with a built-in amplifier, while others might prefer speakers that are easy to install.
3. What are the best brands of car coaxial speakers?
The best brands of car coaxial speakers are JBL, Infinity, Kicker, and Pioneer.
4. What are the best car coaxial speaker sizes?
The best car coaxial speaker sizes are 6.5 inches, 6×9 inches, and 5×7 inches.
5. How do I install car coaxial speakers?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the installation process for car coaxial speakers can vary depending on the make and model of the vehicle. However, in general, the installation process for car coaxial speakers involves removing the vehicle’s door panel and connecting the speakers to the car’s stereo system.
On the market, there are numerous best car coaxial speakers. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best car coaxial speakers will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.