If you’re looking for the best car spray paint, it’s important that you consider the specific needs of your vehicle before you make a purchase. If the surface you’re painting is relatively smooth, like the hood of a sports car or a classic convertible, then you can get away with using a less expensive paint. However, if the surface is more textured, like the sides of a classic car or a truck bed, you’ll need to spend more to get a high-quality finish.
We researched car spray paint and considered factors like coverage, durability, and ease of use. Specifically, we looked at whether a paint stuck to more textured surfaces more easily, whether the can was comfortable to hold and to spray, and whether the paint was forgiving enough that even a novice could use it successfully.
Read on for the best car spray paint for your vehicle.
Our Editor’s Best Car Spray Paint Reviews
- Use to create custom chrome appearance on automotive rims, interiors or striping
- One step lacquer formula provides exceptional shine and luster
- Dries to the touch in 10 minutes, recoat anytime for quick touch ups
- Spray directly onto smooth surfaces without a base coat or primer
- Ultra high gloss accent paint offers a distinct, on-trend look of reflective chrome
- General purpose paint for use on metal, most plastic and wood
- All-in-one paint and primer provides excellent coverage and adhesion
- Dries to touch in 20 minutes, covers up to 12 sq ft per can
- Durable coating with long lasting protection
- Creates a smooth, attractive finish with double the coverage
- Use to quickly customize metal, chrome or wood on vehicles with on trend color and finishes
- Fast-drying formula provides long lasting protection and can be recoated at any time
- Dries to the touch in 20 minutes with great coverage
- Extra durable lacquer resists smudging on auto body parts, trim, hoods, fenders and more
- Matte spray gives surfaces a soft glow and smooth finish
- SPRAY PAINT REMOVAL MADE EASY: Lift Off’s Paint Scuff and Graffiti Remover utilizes a patented, water-based formula to easily and safely remove spray paint, paint transfers, paint scuffs, aerosol paints, and more from hard surfaces.
- AUTO FRIENDLY: Safe for automotive paint and finishes. Use on vehicles, RVs, boats, street signs, metal, concrete, fiberglass, and more.
- EASY CLEANUP: Lift Off works its way between the paint and surface to break the molecular bond allowing paint to be removed easily.
- SAFER ALTERNATIVE TO HARSH CHEMICALS: Using Lift Off Paint Scuff Remover is safer than using harsh chemicals like Methylene Chloride and NMP.
- MADE IN THE USA: Not only are Lift Off products made in the USA, they are safer, eco-friendly, and simply work better.
- Offers Ultra-Durable, Super-Hydrophobic Protection
- Powerful Blend Of Sio2 (Silicon Dioxide) And Tio2 (Titanium Dioxide)
- Provides Ultra Long-Term Protection From The Elements And Continuous Water Beading
- Easy To Use; Just Spray On And Wipe Off
- This design is the perfect gift for any automotive painter to wear when spraying in the paint booth. Do you have friends or family who paint cars for a living? If they spray cars or love cars, especially classic autos, they'll love this design.
- This paint booth car painter design is a great gift if you are looking for a gift for auto body men, gift for auto painter, auto body gift, gift for car painter, gift for body technicians. Makes a great Christmas gift for your dad, brother, uncle, or son.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- For indoor/outdoor use
- Wide fan delivers smooth, professional appearance
- Excellent UV and weather resistance
- Superior color and gloss retention
- Great for touch-up projects
- HVLP Gravity Air Spray Gun: Professional HVLP spray gun set,which makes spraying more smooth and even, suitable for coatings surface spraying, such as car spraying, furniture spraying, handicraft spraying,base coating,wall painting and spraying projects.
- Hvlp spray paint gun is made of high quality alminum alloy,lightweight and compact for easy to carry. HVLP technology helps to reduce the waste of residual material in the color cup.
- The Package Includes: 1 x Spray Gun, 1 x 1.4mm Nozzle, 1 x 1.7mm Nozzle, 1 x 2.0mm Nozzle, 1 X 600cc Cup, 1 X Brush, 1 X Spanner, 1x Instruction Manual
- Adjustable: 1.4/1.7/2.0mm 3 size nozzles, easier to control, Adjust the spray cap to control the nozzle direction 360° direction controllable. Air spray gun 1.4mm tip with replaceable 1.7mm 2.0mm nozzle needle cap, wrenchr, nut, filter, connector and brush, which can fully meet your requirements.
- Our Advantages: This spray gun makes the spraying softer easily controlled and less overspray.Ideal for spraying basecoats, clearcoats and other high viscosity coatings also suitable for domestic and industrial primer, topcoat and detailing for automotive industry, equipment and furniture paint applications.
- Custom Basecoat Spray Paint for Toyota, Lexus cars.
- 7.5oz Solvent and 4oz High solid 1:1 Basecoat Paint inside the can.
- Has to be clearcoated. Spraymax 3680058 or 3680061 recommended for best result.
- Choose Bella Auto Supply for authentic products
- Designed for large jobs with 10" tall fan spread for professional spray equipment results and 4X faster project completion
- Protective oil-based enamel prevents rust and corrosion on metal, wood, concrete and masonry surfaces
- Dries to the touch in 2 hours, recoat within 1 hour or after 48 hours - covers up to 20 sq. ft. per can
- Tough resistance to rust, abrasion, fading, chipping and dulling for long term protection
- Gloss finish provides a strong shine with long lasting durability
Best Car Spray Paint Buying Guide
Before choosing the best car spray paint you should consider following options:
1. Brand: The first thing you should consider when buying a spray paint is the brand. Since there are so many brands out there that sell high-quality paints, it can be hard to pick one.
There are some that are cheaper than others, but that doesn’t mean that they are not good. You should always read reviews and feedback from other people who have used the spray paint so that you can have a clearer idea of which one to go for.
2. Coverage: This is something that is not always mentioned in the sales pitch for the paints. It is important to know how much area one can cover with the can so that you can buy the right amount of paint.
The larger the can, the more it will cost, but you will be able to save money in the long run if you buy more paint.
3. Spray Tip: There are basically two types of spray tips – single and dual. A single tip will give you a wider and heavier coverage, while a dual tip will give you a fine and light spray.
If you are doing a project requiring a heavy coverage, then you should definitely go for a single tip. If you are painting your car, then a dual tip would be ideal.
What else you should know about car spray paint
1. What kind of paint do I need?
The kind of paint you need depends on the surface you are painting and the desired finish.
2. How do I prep the car for painting?
There are a few things you need to do in order to prep your car for painting. First, you need to sand down the car’s surface in order to create a smooth surface for the paint to adhere to. Next, you need to clean the car’s surface with a degreaser or soap and water in order to remove any dirt or grime that could interfere with the paint’s adhesion. Finally, you need to apply a primer to the car’s surface in order to create a barrier between the paint and the car’s surface.
3. How do I apply the paint?
To apply the paint, you will need to use a brush or a roller.
4. What are some tips for painting a car?
Some tips for painting a car include:
-Wash and clean the car thoroughly before painting to ensure the best results.
-Use a primer before painting to help the paint adhere better and last longer.
-Choose a paint color that you love and that will complement the car’s body style.
-Be patient and take your time when painting to avoid any mistakes.
5. How do I clean up after painting a car?
After you have finished painting your car, you will need to clean up your work area. You will need to remove any paint that is on your hands and clothing. You will also need to clean your brushes and other painting tools.
On the market, there are numerous best car spray paint. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best car spray paint will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.