The best fabric painting dyeing tools are those that allow you to work with precision and help you get the most out of your paints. There are a variety of tools available, but some are better than others.
If you’re looking to paint fabric at home, then the most important thing to have is a watercolor kit. However, once you get started, you’ll likely want to try out various paints and brushes and experiment with a variety of techniques.
Read on for our list of the best fabric painting dyeing tools.
Our Editor’s Best Fabric Painting Dyeing Tools Reviews
- 30 VIBRANT COLORS WITH STENCILS: Shuttle Art fabric paint set contains 30 colors soft fabric paint in bottles (60ml/2oz), 3 brushes, 1 palette and 18 patterns sticker stencils, perfect for various textile paintings and art crafts.
- PERMANENT & WASHER SAFE: Easy to blend and cover, stay permanent and won’t crack or peel, durable enough to hold up extensive wear and repeated washes in the washing machine and dryer. Shuttle Art clothing paints are also ready to use, do not need extra textile medium or heating.
- MULTIPLE PURPOSES: Premium textile paint with bright colors performs well on both light and deep color fabrics, applicable for both synthetic and natural fibers, ideal for T-shirts, jeans, bags, shoes, caps, pillowcases and other DIY projects and crafting.
- NON-TOXIC & CERTIFICATED: Conforms to U.S. ASTM D-4236 & EN71-3, non-toxic and acid-free, safe and suitable for all ages.
- SERVICE GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our top priority, please rest assured to purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with our products or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Multicolor: H-TONE Fabric Paint Set Contains 16pcs normal color,3pcs neon color and 2pcs metallic colors.
High Quality: This is Professional Grade Permanent Fabric Paint Set,not normal style. Suitable for Professional Art Painting Supplies.
Permanent: The paint is permanent
Widely Applicable: The soft fabric paint can be used for textile meduim for Decoration, holiday party, can be painted on Tshirt, shoes,canvas,clothes,etc.
- Permanent: The paint is permanent, can't be washed
- High Quality: This is Professional Grade Permanent Fabric Paint Set,not normal style. Suitable for Professional Art Painting Supplies.
- Widely Applicable: The soft fabric paint can be used for textile meduim for Decoration, holiday party, can be painted on Tshirt, shoes,canvas,clothes,etc.
- Material: Soft, light, breathable, skin friendly, so comfortable and flattering.
- Features: Two-piece T-shirt, crew-neck, slit pants suit, which can be worn in a variety of ways to create a fashionable, casual, cute and chic look. It would also definitely be the perfect gift for a wife or girlfriend.
- Style: 2 Piece Women's Skinny Cute Sports Covers, Jogging Covers, Loungewear, Mountaineering Essentials
- Occasion: Perfect for leisure, home, sports, fitness, running, exercise, yoga, shopping, etc., outdoor sports and parties, parties, perfect occasions for daily wear
- Note: Please check the size chart to choose the correct size before placing an order
- Quantity:10 Pieces; Material: chemical fiber and galanized steel
- Wool ball diameter is approx. 0.79 inch and metal wire handle length is 5 inches
- Provide a broad, smooth stain and dye strokes
- With metal hoop end, you can hang it to keep it clean and dry
- Suit for dying, gling and crafting such as dying leather, dye suede shoes, spreading contact cement, etc
- Neddo, Nick (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 160 Pages - 01/15/2015 (Publication Date) - Quarry Books (Publisher)
- Quantity: 25 packs.
- Size: 12.5 * 2cm/ 0.8 * 4.9 inch, length * diameter
- GOOD QUALITY: consist of wool ball and metal handle whose material respectively are chemical fiber and galvanized steel, wool ball hold a lot of dye before you redip it
- EASY TO USE：handles with the loop end to hang instead of laying it down, long handle keeps hands clean and help soak wool ball easily when dying
- SUIT FOR: Suit for dying, gling and crafting such as dying leather, dye suede shoes, spreading contact cement, etc.
- Includes 1 (2.7 fl. oz.) Brush-On Fabric Paint Pouch
- Dries ultra-soft and flexible— won’t crack, crumble, or peel
- Use for different techniques on a variety of fabrics
- Works best on light-colored fabrics
- Permanent and machine washable
- ※Material: Ball of Wool Daubers is made of 100% wool; handle of wool daubers is made of galvanized steel
- ※Size: Total Length of wool daubers: 5in/ 12.8cm; Wool Ball: 0.9in/ 2.3cm in diameter; Dauber Handle: 4.1in/ 10.5cm; Hoop: 2/3in/ 1.6cm in diameter
- ※Functions: Wool daubers are great for dying, gluing, crafting, sealing, waxing, polishing leather etc. Can be used to apply various kinds of dye, stain, shoe shine, leather acrylic sealant, contact cement, barge cement, leather protectant, resolene, wax, etc.
- ※Top Quality: Good workmanship, high-density wool ball, absorb more liquid, do not drip and shed; Strong handle not easily bend, longer than others; Round hoop supports stable hanging.
- ※ Quality and Satisfaction Guarantee Every piece of product has been carefully checked before packaging. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, EURICA is pleased to refund you. We stand confidently behind our products with our satisfaction guarantee!
- 【Sufficient Wool Daubers Quantity】There are 50 packs wool daubers for leather dyeing in the package. Our wool daubers are made of wool fiber and galvanized steel with looped ends for handling, which are extremely suit for leather dying and other DIY craft projects. These wool daubers are designed specifically for applying various oil or water based dyes to leather goods.
- 【What You Can Do】As a little wooly brush for application of leather dye and finish, These wool daubers burst are not only good for dyeing carvings and cavities, also dyes detailed embossings very well due to its material and shape. They help provide an even distribution of dye during application and can be used to paint areas of leather or leather edges as appropriate.
- 【Sturdy and Durable】The dauber brush has been bundled together at the head of wool brushes tightly, which offer many chances for practice dying on small pieces to try to color match my new leather boots. The dauber brush stays together and apply the liquid nicely, which is perfect for greasing the skillet in spite under the high temperature without burning your fingers.
- 【How to Use】 Apply leather dye in small circular movements on the leather surface. You will achieve an especially even dye if you dye in several consecutive processes. The size and round shape of the wool dauber is also very good for dyeing and fixing thin and thick leather edges. There is no doubt that the leather dye could be used in many circumstances.
- 【Size and Widely Applications】Size: 12.5 * 2cm/ 0.8 * 4.9 inch. These wool daubers come are great for dying, gluing and crafting such as dying leather, dye suede shoes, spreading contact cement, etc. Applying dye to your projects with great area coverage. Good tools for applying dyes or stains to leather products and similar surfaces.
- 【Premium Acrylic Paints for Fabric】COLORFUL non toxic fabric paint set contains acrylic fabric medium based 12 rich colors with artist quality. The creamy consistency and high pigments with designed rheology and viscosity can ensure the paint medium can be blended easily and glided-on smoothly, offering great covering power for large area and fine details. The fabric paint dries quickly & stay vividly after curing. Additional coats or layers are able to apply shortly to achieve desired effects.
- 【Wide Applications】Our permanent fabric paint set is not just for fabric or textiles like canvas, shoes, t-shirt, pants, clothing, sneakers, jeans, cloths. These clothing paint can also be applied onto other textured surfaces such as paper, wood & wall. Perfect for all kinds of DIY projects. Whether you’re newbie to acrylic painting or a professional artist, the paint kit will let your imagination fly. Ideal acrylic fabric paint for canvas painting, the colors won’t fade over time even outdoor.
- 【No Heating Needed & Machine Washable Fabric Paint】 Owe to the special formulation, the fabric paints for clothing are designed to be cured at ambient conditions with no heating needed. The slick paint can dry quickly and stay as beautiful on the day they were painted. Once dry, they become waterproof and WASHABLE in washing machine. Therefore, our fabric puffy paint set turns your shoes, pants, tshirts, jeans with finished decorating cloth art into permanent craft art pieces and sweet memory.
- 【Certified Safe & Non-Toxic & Odourless】 No need to worry about toxicity with COLORFUL paints for fabric. The formula of textile paints are water-based, eco-friendly, non-toxic and odorless, safe for all ages. It is easy to clean up the paint residues remaining on the skin with soap and water. Such a fabric decorating supplies is perfect choice for kids or hobby painter in art painting and creations.
- 【Ideal Gift Choice】Fabric paint supplies kit is well-wrapped by exquisite colored box with COLORFUL brand, making it is a fantastic gift choice for kids or DIY hobbyist. Fabric paint has 12 tubes (0.4oz) of common colors, namely, Titanium White, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Vermilion, Scarlet, Emerald Green, Viridian, Ultramarine Blue, Phthalocyanine Blue, Black. With 6 brushes & 1 palette included, the all-in-one pack is convenient when performing your project freely.
Best Fabric Painting Dyeing Tools Buying Guide
Before choosing the best fabric painting tools you should consider following options:
1. Fabric paints: The first thing you need to do is figure out which type of paint you want to use.
There are three main types of paint: fabric ink, discharge, and screen-printing.
Fabric ink is the most common and is used for general purposes, such as for designs and letters. This type of paint is water-based and is wash-resistant when it dries. It can be used on a wide variety of fabrics, including cotton, linen, rayon, silk, wool, and blends.
Discharge paints are used to change the color of a fabric. They can also be used to create a white-on-white embroidered effect. Discharging removes the color from the fabric and exposes the yarn. This makes the fabric softer and more pliable.
Screen-printing is a great way to create large-scale designs. It uses a stencil and ink to apply paint. Screen-printing can be used to paint small and large areas, making it a versatile option.
2. Brushes: Once you figure out which type of paint you want to use, you will need the right paintbrush.
The best paintbrush has a narrow, angled tip so that you can get into the small areas. You also want a thick and wide brush so that you can cover more area with fewer strokes.
You will also want a brush that is easy to wash out. If you are using discharge paint, you will want to make sure that you have a brush that won’t absorb the chemicals and cause the bristles to fall out.
3. Other supplies: You will also need stencils and stamps to stamp or stencil designs on fabrics. You can also purchase a heat press, which uses heat and pressure to adhere the fabric to a t-shirt.
You can purchase heat presses at most craft stores, but make sure that it has an adjustable temperature and that you purchase a press that is easy to use and transport.
You will also need other types of paints, such as acrylic and latex, for other supplies.
4. Other items: You will also need a sink where you can submerge your stencils and stamps. You will also need a cutting board and fabric scissors for cutting your fabric.
You will need a place to set your paintbrushes to dry and a place to store your stencils and stamps. You will also need a drying rack for your shirts.
You may also need iron-on transfer paper. Transfer paper is used for screen-printing, but you can also use it for discharge paints, which are water-based.
You will also need a long-sleeved shirt, pants, and safety glasses to wear while painting. You will want to use an older shirt and pants so that you can wash them and use again.
5. Location: You will want to make sure that you choose a location that has adequate space to work. You will want to make sure that you also have a place to wash your brushes so that you don’t flood your workspace.
What else you should know about fabric painting dyeing tools
What are the best fabric painting tools?
There are a variety of fabric painting tools available, but some of the best include paintbrushes, sponges, and stamps.
What are the best fabric painting techniques?
One of the best fabric painting techniques is using a stencil. You can also create interesting patterns by using different color fabrics to create a resist.
What is the best fabric painting medium?
The best fabric painting medium is acrylic paint.
What is the best fabric painting surface?
The best fabric painting surface is a smooth, white fabric.
What is the best fabric painting book?
There are many great fabric painting books available, but some of our favorites include “Fabric Painting for the first time” by Joanne Fink, “The Complete Book of Fabric Painting” by Susanaky and “The Fabric Painting Workshop” by Teresa Ascone.
On the market, there are numerous best fabric painting dyeing tools. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best fabric painting dyeing tools will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.