You can find onion rings at just about any restaurant, but they’re also one of those items that you can easily DIY at home. They’re also a staple at sports bars, but there are so many more ways to cook up this classic dish at home. We decided to do a deep dive and find the best frozen onion rings, but we also decided to expand beyond frozen and look at the best frozen potatoes for frying at home in general.
Here are our top picks for the best frozen onion rings.
Our Editor’s Best Frozen Potatoes Onion Rings Reviews
- EXCEPTIONAL FLAVOR, TEXTURE AND COLOR: Made with whole, carefully sourced globe onions, French's Original Crispy Fried Onions deliver versatile flavor, exceptional texture and a beautiful golden color
- HIGH QUALITY ONIONS: America's top product for crispy onions, French's onion topping will add a satisfying crunch to any recipe; premium onions sealed for maximum freshness and flavor
- MADE FOR CHEFS: Chefs can add the ideal amount of crunch to signature dishes with French's 24-ounce bag of fried onions; cut down on preparation time with pre-made French's Fried Onions
- VERSATILE: Sprinkle on burgers, chicken, potatoes and salads for delicious texture and a punch of flavor; onion topping complements all kinds of classic dishes and new menu items
- FEEL GOOD INGREDIENTS: Kosher, vegetarian and free from high fructose corn syrup, dairy and GMOs; embellish your recipes with crispy fried onions you can feel good about serving
- A necessity for green bean casserole
- Delicious on hamburgers, sandwiches or hot dogs
- Use as a gourmet topping for potatoes and salads
- ORGANIC MINCED ONION - Convenient and easily dispersible Simply Organic Onion adds pungent flavor to seasoning blends, dips, sauces and meats as well as canned and frozen foods. Add to mashed potatoes, deli salads, stuffings, or any recipe needing onion flavor.
- A FLEXIBLE ALTERNATIVE - Minced onion is often used as a flexible substitute for fresh onions. This is a great choice for anybody who doesn’t have the time to chop and peel. It's perfect for when you need onion flavor in prepared dishes.
- SOURCED FROM THE U.S. - Simply Organic Minced Onion is non-irradiated, 100% certified organic, and 100% kosher. It is grown and harvested in the United States. Every onion is hand-picked, peeled, and cut in half from its root down to its stem. There are no artificial chemicals or additives used at any stage of growing and processing.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
- Skip a night out and enjoy a movie night in with a bag of SkinnyPop! You'll receive 1 (4.4oz) grocery and sharing size bag of Skinny Pop popcorn that's perfect for any occasion
- Only 43 calories per cup, Non GMO, Gluten Free, No Artificial Ingredients, Dairy Free, Peanut and Tree Nut Free. SkinnyPop popcorn has zero trans fat, zero preservatives, and is a good source of fiber
- A delicious, healthy snack popped to perfection for kids lunches, break between video calls, or just a snack for yourself. Perfect for kids as back to school snacks
- Stock up on this healthy, convenient popcorn snack now! SkinnyPop does popcorn so that you can do you.
- SkinnyPop was founded with a simple premise: people deserve snacks that taste delicious and are good for them. Get yours today!
- Four most-loved Grill Mates Seasonings together in one set
- Easily add bold flavor to steaks, burgers, chicken and more on your grill
- Not just for meat. Add umami flavor to mashed potatoes and roasted veggies
- Grilling spices make a great housewarming gift for everyone
- Add deep flavor to salads with Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- RESTAURANT GRADE GREASEPROOF FRENCH FRY SNACK BAGS:: From backyard BBQ and pantry to concession stands, fundraisers snack bars and food trucks our lined fry bags keep hands clean and grease free; 4.5 x 3.5, Pack of 50
- STAPLE FOR TAILGATING, COOKOUTS & OUTDOOR PARTIES: Our versatile French fry bags are great to have on hand for outdoor parties and they cut down on wasted napkins, package party favors, after school snacks, finger foods
- SNACKS WITHOUT THE MESS: Great for individual servings of brownies, candy, nuts, onion rings and jalapeño poppers; Helps keep hands clean from grease and drippings
- AVOID CROSS-CONTAMINATION: Use as single-serve bags to avoid germs from multiple people touching prepared food
- SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS: Regency Wraps is family-owned and operated in the USA since 1985; Our foodservice products are shipped world wide and preferred by Chef's and Upscale Restaurants
- 2.85-ounces of Happy Belly Minced Onion
- Sharp, slightly sweet onion flavor enhances your culinary experience with hearty flavor and bold taste
- Use on meat, poultry, fish, potatoes, pasta, soups, rice, breads, salads, dips, marinades, and egg dishes
- Works in most recipes that calls for dried or fresh onions
- Kosher certified
- Enjoy delicious, bold beer battered onion ring flavor baked into crispy oat and corn chips
- Indulge in these delicious oven baked onion rings that hit the spot when you're craving crunchy, salty snacks
- Perfect for individual snacks, road trip snacks, lunch snacks or anytime snacking
- Stock up on these tasty onion rings for quick, easy on-the-go snacks
- Contains one 2-ounce bag of Andy Capp Beer battered onion rings baked oat and corn snacks
- CRISPY ONIONS: Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions are the perfect 'little-extra" for your dishes; 3.5-oz. (Pack of 6)
- MADE FROM FRESH ONIONS: Non-GMO, Low-Carb crispy onion salad topping has less than 40 calories per serving
- SPRINKLE, CRUNCH, REPEAT: Crispy Onions add the perfect amount of crunch to salads, wraps, casseroles, burgers and more
- CONVENIENT RESEALABLE BAG: Handy resealable bag helps keep your salad toppings fresh; For maximum freshness, refrigerate after opening
- ALLERGENS: Contains wheat
Best Frozen Potatoes Onion Rings Buying Guide
Before choosing the best frozen potato onion rings you should consider following options:
1. Prepared vs. Fresh: It’s hard to argue with the convenience of a bag of frozen onion rings. After all, nothing is easier than popping them in the oven or deep-frying them for a quick snack.
On the other hand, if you’re making a meal that requires onion rings as an ingredient, then fresh may be a better option.
Fresh onion rings can be lightly battered, then baked for a healthier option. Or you can even batter and deep-fry fresh onion rings for a delicious snack or side dish.
2. Size: What’s your serving preference? Smaller onion rings can be easier to eat as a snack. Larger onion rings may be better suited for a side dish or meal.
3. Breaded or Unbreaded: There are a variety of frozen onion ring products available. No matter which type you choose, the onion rings will be breaded if you’re planning to bake them.
If you’re planning to deep-fry, then the onion rings will be unbreaded. Not all breadings are created equal, so read the label and choose something that has minimal ingredients you recognize.
4. Style: If you’re planning to bake the onion rings, a variety of different coatings is acceptable. Bread, cornmeal, panko, and even parmesan are some of the coatings you’ll see on the market.
If you’re planning to deep-fry the onion rings, then stick with a standard all-purpose flour coating.
5. Flavors: Some of the onion rings you’ll find in the frozen section have a little something extra. Look for onion rings that offer a variety of flavors, such as peppered bacon or Parmesan and herb.
The added flavor may make the onion rings even more irresistible, especially if you’re planning to bake them.
What else you should know about frozen potatoes onion rings
1. How are frozen potatoes onion rings made?
Frozen potatoes onion rings are made by coating thinly sliced potatoes in a batter or breading and then deep frying them.
2. How long do frozen potatoes onion rings last?
Frozen potatoes and onion rings will last for about 2-3 months in the freezer.
3. How do you cook frozen potatoes onion rings?
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place frozen rings on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
4. What is the best way to store frozen potatoes onion rings?
The best way to store frozen potatoes onion rings is in an airtight container in the freezer.
5. Can you freeze homemade potato onion rings?
Yes, you can freeze homemade potato onion rings.
On the market, there are numerous best frozen potatoes onion rings. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best frozen potatoes onion rings will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.