There are so many different types of gear wire out there that it can feel impossible to figure out which one is right for you and your machine. Because of the wide range of options, it’s important to consider what kind of work you’ll be doing, how much precision you need, and the size of your machine before you make a decision.
To help you find the best gear wire for your needs, here’s what to look for and our top picks at a variety of price points.
Our Editor’s Best Gear Stock Pinion Wire Reviews
- PREMINUM RED & BLACK WIRE - Premium conductor and high quality PVC, good conductivity, high mechanical strength features, flame retardant, anti-aging, acid and alkali resistance and dampproof. Premium cable for all single color LED strip light, low voltage single color led strip, light bulb, lamp.
- APPLICABLE TO - Red & black wire is widely used for various DC electrical hookups, all single color LED strip lights, low voltage cables, low-loss in-home or car stereo installs and great for in-home applications as well as automotive, schools, churches, auditoriums or business settings.
- EASY&GREAT TO USE: It's easy to strip and cut into any length based on needs. Wire comes wrapped around a hard plastic spool that makes dispensing convenient. 2 jacket colors make for quick and easy to distinguish the polarity & numbered markings for accuracy.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: 100 Feet / spool (100FT Red & 100FT Black), actual length is 31m, longer than described, stranding structure makes it flexible and easy to install. We strive to provide each customer with the highest standard of customer service to ensure you have a pleasant shopping experience. If you have any issues, inquiries or need assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.
- 【💡NOTE】 Firstly, you can begin with the minimum tooth. Then, upgrade to a bigger tooth, and check the ESC & motor temperatures regularly throughout the run. At last, you can control faster speed while avoiding potential risks such as ESC/motor damage or malfunction caused by overheat.
- 【Quality Steel】 The 1/10 RC car pinion gear set are made of quality steel, durable and reusable, enjoy your happy RC racing time.
- 【1/10 Universal Upgrade】 The 1/10 RC car pinion gear combo have a 3.175mm bore is suited for 3.175mm shaft, is an ideal universal upgrade pinion gear for Traxxas Redcat Tamiya Losi Arrma RC car.
- 【Different Option】You will like the option of being able to change your gear ratio for different track conditions.
- 【Package Include】16T 17T 18T 19T 48P pinion gear, screw set.
- 【Work Smoothly】Good machining made less rough and less noise than other pinions that make them roll smoothly.
- 【Pitch & Teeth】 32P compatible with 0.8 metric (0.8M) pitch. 32P(32DP) is the pitch of each tooth on the pinion gear and the 12T 13T 14T 15T 16T is the number of teeth on the pinion gear. Please make sure your spur gear and pinion gear have the same pitch, or the teeth won't mesh.
- 【Hardened】32P pinion gear set is of hardened metal construction. Last longer life.
- 【Free Style】The speed depends on your gear ration. We provide five different teeth pinion gear to make you more choice in gear ration.
- 【5pcs】The package included 32p 12T 13T 14T 15T 16T pinion gear and a hardened hex key.
- 【 Pinions Set】Inner diameter: 5.0mm/0.196inch, come with a 3.175mm coupler to convert 5 pinions apertures to 3.175mm/0.125inch. Suitble for 5mm and 3.175mm shaft motors
- 【High Quality】Made of high-strength hardened steel, increased wear resistance and last longer life, M4 set screw has been added to each pinion gear used to prevent slipping
- 【Durable Performance】Durable metal construction for long time service, better machining made less rough and noise than other pinions that make them roll smoothly
- 【Free Style】The speed depends on your gear ration. We provide 5 different teeth pinion gear(13T/15T/17T/19T/21T) to make you more choice in gear ration
- 【 7*24h Customer Service】HOPLEX provides 7x24 hours customer service! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions
- Pinion gear using the coupler can convert 32P 48P Mod1 5mm pinion apertures to 3.175mm.so this product for motors with 3.175mm shaft diameter 550 540 3650 etc series motors.Makes 5mm pinion gear work on a 3.175mm (1/8 inch) shaft motor
- 3.175mm gear shaft adapter can be used to convert 1/8 pinion Gears motor to 1/10 pinion Gears motor, for 1/10 RC Scale Car Boat Traxxas Redcat ARRMA AXIAL HSP
- Pinion Reducer Sleeve Inner Dia.: 3.175mm(1/8 inch), Out Dia.: 5mm, Length: 12mm,Made of Steel more durable.
- gear shaft adapter include :3x sleeves,1x L Allen Key, 3x grub screws (As shown)
- If you have any questions about our Globact RC 1/8 inch motor adapter shaft , please contact us immediately, we will definitely give you a satisfactory answer
- 【Compatible with】(3.175mm) Shaft Size Motors,make sure your RC motor shaft have the same diameter.
- 【Spec】48 Pitch,28T 29T 30T 31T 32T
- 【Suit for】works with 1/16 E-Revo Slash VXL,1/10 Rustler VXL,Stampede VXL,Slash VXL 2WD Ford F-150 Raptor Ford Mustang GT.Associated Losi Redcat ECX Arrma Trx4 Axial HSP Redcat 1/10 Rc Car etc.
- 【Material】Made of Hardened Steel to increased wear resistance and improve fatigue life,make them roll smoothly, it will work with the steel spur gear. did not work with plastic or aluminum spur gear
- 【Package】48p 28T 29T 30T 31T 32T pinion gear and a hex key
- Hardened steel 19 20 21 22 tooth, Mod 1 pitch pinion gear for motors with a 5mm shaft.
- CNC machined- Hardened steel to increased wear resistance and improve fatigue life
- YOU WILL RECEIVE: - Four (4) pinion gear - Four (4) M4x4mm setscrew-One(1) 2mm hex wrench
- This item works with: Arrma Kraton 6S BLX.Nero 6S BLX.Notorious 6S BLX.Outcast 6S BLX.Typhon 6S BLX.HPI Savage Flux.Losi 8IGHT-E2 3 4.Losi 8IGHT-T E 3.0.Losi LST 3XL-E.Mugen MBX6E .Mugen MBX7R.Mugen MBX8TE.Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4.Nomad DB8.RC8 Team Associated RC8.2.Team Associated RC8B.Team Associated Tekno RC EB48.EB48.2.EB48.3.EB48SL.ET48.ET48.3.SCT410.SCT410.3 Traxxas X-Maxx.1/10 E-Revo VXL Brushless.1/10 Maxx. XRAY XB808E.XB808E 2015.XB8E.XB9
- (2) Pack of Genuine Husqvarna 14 Tooth Pinion Gears;
- Measures 1.25" x 1.25" x 1.25"
- This part replaces obsolete part # 404835
- Compatible with specific Husqvarna models; check your owner's manual for correct replacement part number
- Fits specific versions of Husqvarna model numbers: 5521 BBC, 5521 RS, 6521 RS, 7021 R, 7021 RB, 7021 RS, 7022 RLS, 7022KR, 7022R, 8522 RLS, 87521 RSX, HD600L, HD700L, HD725E, HD800BBC, HU600L, HU675AWD, HU700AWD, HU700HW, HU700L, HU725AWD, HU725AWD/BBC, HU725AWDEX, HU725AWDH, HU725AWDHQ, HU725BBC, HU725E, HU775AWD, HU800AWD, HU800AWDH, HU800AWDX/BBC, HU800BBC, LC 153S, LC 356AWD, LC 356V, LC 356VB, LC221A, LC221AH, LC221R
- 【Durable】Durable metal construction for long-lasting performance.
- 【More Funny】Provide the option of being able to change your gear ratio for different track conditions.
- 【💡】48P is the pitch of each tooth on the pinion gear and the 19T 20T 21T 22T 23T is the number of teeth on the pinion gear. You have to make sure your spur gear and pinion gear have the same pitch, or the teeth won't mesh.
- 【3.175mm】The pinion gear shaft diameter or bore is 3.175mm, make sure your RC motor shaft have the same diameter.
- 【Gear Combo Set】Comes with set screws for each pinion gear, the pinion gear combo set also included a screwdriver, easy to install.
- Compatible With -- Our pinion yoke wrench is compatible with most Ford, AMC, Dana, and GM yokes. Fits almost all pinion and companion flanges. There are multiple slotted bolt patterns for 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" fasteners.
- Tighten Up -- Use the pinion flange tool with a torque wrench to tighten retaining bolts and nuts. Or for setting the bearing pre-load. It can also handle other high torque tasks, like crush sleeves
- Holds The Yoke In Place -- Use the pinion wrench while applying torque. It will help you loosen even the most stubborn pinion nuts. For leverage, grab a 1/2” breaker bar or 3/4” drive tool
- SIMPLE OPERATION for installation and removal of pinion yoke
- Is stainless steel to handle very high torque -Holds a sturdy shape
Best Gear Stock Pinion Wire Buying Guide
Before choosing the best gear stock pinion wire you should consider following options:
1. Meets Standards: The first standard that a gear stock pinion wire should meet is that it meets ASTM standards. This standard ensures that the wire meets certain requirements that include strength and rigidity amongst others.
2. Yield Strength: Yield strength is the amount of stress that a gear stock can withstand without breaking during its application. Higher yield strength means that the gear stock is more resistant to breakage and can be used under harsher conditions.
3. Modulus of Elasticity: Modulus of elasticity is the measurement of the amount of strain that the gear stock can withstand before breaking. The higher the modulus of elasticity, the better the gear stock is at resisting stress.
4. Ductility: Ductility is the amount of strain that a gear stock can undergo before breaking. The higher the ductility, the more strain the gear stock can withstand before breaking.
5. Young’s Modulus: Young’s modulus measures the amount of stress that the gear stock can undergo without breaking. The higher the Young’s modulus, the stronger the gear stock.
6. Yield Point: The yield point measures the stress at which the gear stock begins to deform. The higher the yield point, the more resistant the gear stock is to breakage.
7. Ultimate Tensile Strength: The ultimate tensile strength measures the amount of stress that the gear stock can undergo without breaking. The higher the ultimate tensile strength, the stronger the gear stock.
8. Hardness: Gear stock pinion wires have varying hardness levels. Higher hardness levels generally mean that the gear stock is stronger and more rigid.
9. Temperature Coefficient: Temperature coefficient is the amount that the dimensions change of a gear stock at different temperatures. Gear stocks with low temperature coefficients are ideal for applications that undergo large temperature changes.
10. Cost: The final standard that a gear stock pinion wire should meet is its cost. Gear stock prices vary depending on their material properties.
2. Brand: There are various brands of gear stock pinion wire available in the market. Before choosing a gear stock pinion wire, it is important to consider the reputation of the manufacturer in order to ensure that the wire has the appropriate properties.
3. Size: Another important feature of a gear stock pinion wire is its size. Gear stock pinion wires are generally available in different sizes that are determined by their thickness or diameter.
4. Thickness: The thickness of the gear stock pinion wire is the most important feature that determines its strength. The thicker the gear stock, the stronger it is.
5. Width: The width of the gear stock pinion wire is another feature that is important in determining its strength. The narrower the gear stock, the stronger it is.
6. Length: The length of the gear stock pinion wire is also an important feature that determines its strength. The longer the gear stock, the stronger it is.
7. Material: The material of the gear stock pinion wire can determine its ductility and temperature coefficient. Materials such as bronze and copper have high ductility and low temperature coefficients.
What else you should know about gear stock pinion wire
1. What is the difference between gear and stock pinion wire?
Gear wire is a type of pinion wire that is used to create gears. Stock pinion wire is a type of pinion wire that is used to create stock pinions.
2. What is the best way to cut gear stock pinion wire?
The best way to cut gear stock pinion wire is to use a hacksaw.
3. How do you install gear stock pinion wire?
Gear stock pinion wire is installed by first removing the old pinion wire from the gear stock. Next, the new pinion wire is placed in the gear stock and secured in place with the retaining ring. Finally, the gear stock is reinstalled on the vehicle.
4. What is the most common use for gear stock pinion wire?
The most common use for gear stock pinion wire is for gears that need to be meshed together.
5. What are the benefits of using gear stock pinion wire?
There are many benefits to using gear stock pinion wire, including its ability to increase the strength and durability of the gear, as well as its ability to improve the gear’s resistance to wear and tear. Additionally, gear stock pinion wire can also help to improve the gear’s ability to resist corrosion and other forms of degradation.
On the market, there are numerous best gear stock pinion wire. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best gear stock pinion wire will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.