You can’t have a loading dock without bumpers and there are a lot of options to choose from. It’s not just a matter of finding the right size and color — you need to consider durability, ease of use, and how they’ll affect loading dock safety.
Here, we’ve rounded up the best loading dock bumpers you can buy.
Our Editor’s Best Loading Dock Bumpers Reviews
- Loading dock bumper for preventing damage by a vehicle to dock or building
- 4" rubber padding for elasticity and resistance to impact
- Fabric-reinforced with nylon and polyester for strength and dimensional stability
- Pre-drilled countersunk mounting holes for easy installation
- Accepts 3/4" anchor bolts
- 4’ length x 3” wide x 4” depth/thickness 13 lbs.
- A full ½” thick rubber ribs underneath on all sides
- Easy installation. 3 holes for mounting are provided
- Great for Boat Docks, Marinas, Loading Docks, and Parking Spots
- 100% recycled rubber, finished in black, and won’t show dirt, scuffs, or other markings
- Horizontal loading dock bumper for preventing damage by a vehicle to dock or building
- 6" rubber padding for elasticity and resistance to impact
- Fabric-reinforced for strength and dimensional stability
- Steel mounting and tie rods for strength and durability
- Welds to dock or bolts to dock for easy installation
- Absorbs truck trailer collision impact to protect loading docks and walls
- Great for use on loading docks, loading bays, and industrial warehouse facilities
- Stacked rubber layers bound together measuring 14"W x 10"H x 4 1/2"D overall
- Heavy duty steel attachment brackets with 3/4" mounting holes
- Durable laminated rubber construction for industrial applications indoors or outdoors
- PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS: The BISupply | Loading Dock Bumper Guards Rubber Dock Bumper 1-Pack is a rubber wall bumper that protects your loading dock and trailer from damage as it absorbs impact for a clean, neat, and attractive dock area
- KEEP WALLS SAFE FROM FORKLIFTS: Add this trailer rubber bumper pads guard to your warehouse walls for protection against forklifts and other material-handling vehicles in light traffic truck door loading dock areas
- PERFECT SIZE: 13-inch x 12-inch (33cm x 30.5cm) truck dock bumpers guard size with a 4-inch (10.2cm) thickness to provide maximum cushion for your property
- EASILY INSTALL: Pre-drilled 3/4-inch (1.9cm) countersunk mounting holes to accept 3/4-inch anchor bolts (mounting hardware not included); Each hole has a 1-inch (2.5cm) diameter with a 7.25-inch (18.4cm) distance between holes on the 13-inch long side and a 9.4-inch (23.9cm) distance between holes on the 12-inch short side (measured from center to center); Trailer bumper pads guard has an overall 4-inch (10.2cm) thickness with holes recessed 2 inches (5.1cm)
- BUILT TO LAST: Molded from a single piece of solid rubber for medium-duty applications; Maximum strength and longevity that will not warp, rot, or rust in any weather condition; (7) 2-inch diameter x 2.5-inch deep (5.1cm x 6.4cm) holes on back side of dock guard allow for added grip and weather resistance without slippage
- EXTRA PROTECTION. These rubber bumper strips increase protection on your delivery van, work truck and a variety of commercial vehicles, as well as trailers
- TOUGH RUBBER. The rear bumper protector rubber is a tough black rubber to withstand bumps and abrasions from a loading dock, guard rail or pylon
- VERSATILE. These rubber bumper guards are great for protecting the rear bumper, front bumper, rear step and sides
- UNIVERSAL FIT. These rubber bumper protectors are 2-1/8 inches x 1-7/8 inches x 10 inches. They perfectly fits the LUVERNE Impact shock-absorbing rear bumper step, or they can be mounted anywhere needed
- HARDWARE NOT INCLUDED. The two holes in each bumper come ready to accept 1/4-inch hardware (included). Drilling may be needed on the mounting surface
- Protect truck trailer bumpers, building columns, walls, dock levelers
- 2.25" Diameter full length through-hole void
- Rubber bumper measures 35.5" L x 4" W x 4" H; it compresses on impact to reduce damage
- Three 0.625" mounting holes with 1.375" D countersink
- Industrial quality rubber construction
- Heavy duty dock leveler rubber bumper
- Measures 13"L x 10"W x 4"H
- (2) 3/4" mounting holes with 2" diameter washer countersink
- Helps reduce loading bay damage from truck trailer impacts
- Molded rubber construction with a rear void
- Prevents Impact Damage Of Loading Dock Or Rear Of Trucks And Cargo Trailers
- 2 1/2" Bolt Centers With 1/2" ID Steel Washers Molded Into Bumper For Secure Mounting
- 1.5" Wide x 2" Deep Counterbore For Recessed Mounting Bolt Protection
- Heavy Duty Rubber For Zero Maintenance
- Hardware Is Not Included
- 👍【Appropriate Size】D-Type Rubber Dock Bumper is 100cm (3.3ft/39in) long, 10cm (3.9in) wide and 10cm (3.9in) high, which is suitable for most loading docks, unloading platforms, garages, docks.
- 👍【Premium Material】Made of natural high-quality rubber material, this D-type bumper is very sturdy and durable, and can well protect your car and speedboat from damage.
- 👍【Strong Function】In order to achieve a better use effect, we have gone through many trial and error in the design, and finally made the Nisorpa bumper, which absorbs the impact better than the solid bumper and provides excellent vibration damping effect.
- 👍【Easy to Install】The whole installation process is very simple, you only need to select the appropriate position according to the size of the D-type bumper, and then use the expansion bolts provided in the package to complete the installation.
- 👍【Don’t Worry】If you are not satisfied with the rubber molded dock bumper or have any other questions, please contact our service staff, our team will provide a quick answer and bring you a pleasant shopping experience.
Best Loading Dock Bumpers Buying Guide
Before choosing the best loading dock bumpers you should consider following options:
1. Trolley or Roller Dock Bumpers: These are the most common types of dock bumpers and are used in airports, warehouses, distribution centers and manufacturing plants.
The trolley or roller dock bumper consists of a rubber drum that is hinged at one end and rolls along the ground.
The two main types of trolley or roller dock bumpers are the single drum and dual drum. The single drum has a single fixed pivot point and is used for straight line applications.
The dual drum bumper has two pivot points and is used for curved line applications.
2. Non-marking Dock Bumpers: These bumpers are designed to reduce the damage to the floor and also to prevent the sticking of the forklift tires to the dock lining.
The non-marking dock bumpers have large polyurethane wheels that have minimal rolling resistance and reduce the damage to the floor.
3. Standard or Low Profile Dock Bumpers: Standard dock bumpers are used in warehouses and distribution centers.
Low profile dock bumpers are best suited for manufacturing plants and are used in areas with limited headroom.
4. Rubber or Steel Dock Bumpers: Rubber dock bumpers are lightweight and easy to maneuver. They are best suited for light duty applications.
Steel dock bumpers provide maximum protection and can be used in high traffic areas.
5. Long Life Dock Bumpers: Long life dock bumpers are made from steel or polyurethane and can withstand heavy duty applications. They have polyurethane wheels that have minimal rolling resistance and reduce the damage to the floor.
They have polyurethane wheels that have minimal rolling resistance and reduce the damage to the floor.
6. High-Performance Dock Bumpers: These high-performance dock bumpers are designed for high-traffic areas and consist of steel or polyurethane wheels that have minimal rolling resistance and low maintenance.
7. Easy Installation Dock Bumpers: Dock bumpers that are easy to install reduce the overall installation time, saving money and resources.
Dock bumpers that are easy to install reduce the overall installation time, saving money and resources.
8. Cost-Effective Dock Bumpers: Dock bumpers that are cost-effective save money and resources by reducing the overall installation time.
9. Customizable Dock Bumpers: These dock bumpers are specifically designed to meet individual specifications.
10. Available Sizes: Dock bumpers are available in a variety of sizes. These include standard and low profile, steel or rubber, single or dual drum and long or short span.
11. Available Colors: Dock bumpers are available in different colors to match the color scheme of the warehouse or manufacturing plant.
12. Warranty: Dock bumpers are available with different warranties. Warranty periods usually vary from five to ten years.
It is essential to choose the right dock bumper based on the application in order to protect the warehouse floor and reduce the overall operating costs. Long span dock bumpers are best suited for straight line applications.
Short span dock bumpers are designed for curved line applications.
What else you should know about loading dock bumpers
1. What are loading dock bumpers?
Loading dock bumpers are used to protect the dock and the loading area from damage when trailers are backed up to the loading dock.
2. What are the benefits of using loading dock bumpers?
Loading dock bumpers help to protect both the loading dock and the trailers that are being loaded or unloaded at the dock. By Absorbing the impact of a trailer as it is being backed into the dock, loading dock bumpers help to prevent damage to the dock itself, as well as any equipment or product that might be stored on or near the dock. Additionally, loading dock bumpers can help to keep trailers from shifting during loading and unloading, which can help to prevent accidents.
3. How do loading dock bumpers work?
Loading dock bumpers are designed to absorb the impact of a truck backing up to a loading dock. They are usually made of rubber or a similar material that can compress and then return to its original shape.
4. How are loading dock bumpers installed?
Loading dock bumpers are typically installed by drilling into the concrete and attaching the bumper with expansion bolts.
5. How do I choose the right loading dock bumper for my application?
When choosing the right loading dock bumper for your application, you will need to consider the following factors:
-The weight and size of your vehicle
-The type of loading dock (flush, recessed, or protruding)
-The frequency of use
-The environment (indoor or outdoor)
Based on these factors, you will be able to narrow down your options and choose the right loading dock bumper for your needs.
On the market, there are numerous best loading dock bumpers. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best loading dock bumpers will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.