If you’ve ever tried to stream your favorite TV show or movie on your tablet or smart TV only to have the image constantly pixelate or the sound stutter and sputter, you know how frustrating it is to have a subpar internet connection. Mesh networks are a great alternative to traditional routers, especially if you live in a large house with signal-deprived nooks and crannies or frequently have a lot of devices connected to the internet at once.
To help you find the best mesh wi fi system for you, we’ve rounded up the top options on the market today.
Read on for our list of the best mesh wi fi systems.
Our Editor’s Best Mesh Wi Fi Systems Reviews
- A New Way to WiFi: Deco Mesh technology gives you a better WiFi experience in all directions with faster WiFi speeds and strong WiFi signal to cover your whole home.
- Bettern Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco S4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5, 500 square feet. No dead zone anymore.
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco S4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password.
- Incredibly fast AC1200 speeds makes the deco capable of providing connectivity for up to 100 devices.
- With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds
- Lightning fast 10.8Gbps total WiFi speed, including a new 6GHz band with more speed and capacity for the latest high-performance WiFi 6E devices
- Exclusive Quad-Band technology features a dedicated WiFi band connecting Orbi router and satellites, ensuring Gigabit+ speeds throughout your home
- Covers your whole home up to 9,000 sq. ft. and up to 200 devices at the same time with consistently fast WiFi to every device in every room
- Compatible with internet service plans up to 10Gbps. Connects to your existing modem (cable, satellite, fiber, DSL) and replaces your WiFi router.
- Each router and satellite includes one 2.5G and three 1G Ethernet ports for fast wired connections to computers, game consoles and streaming players
- WiFi 6E Tri-Band Mesh WiFi – Cover up to 7,200 Sq.Ft with next-gen seamless WiFi and make dead zones and buffering a thing of the past¹ ²
- Brand-New 6 GHz Band – Experience the latest frequency of WiFi, eliminating interference from all legacy devices. The 6 GHz band works as the powerful dedicated backhaul to ensure stable connections between nodes by default. You can switch it to Wi-Fi Network mode and connect your WiFi 6E-compatible devices to 6GHz Network³
- True Tri-Band Speed – All three WiFi bands work together to unleash your network’s total speeds up to 5,400 Mbps for 200 devices(6 GHz: 2402 Mbps (HE160);5 GHz: 2402 Mbps (HE160);2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps)¹ ³
- Unlock the Full Potential of WiFi 6 - Opening the 6 GHz band will change the game for WiFi 6. WiFi 6 brings about upgraded performance in network efficiency and capacity. Whereas the advantages of WiFi 6 are not fully realized while competing with transmissions from WiFi 5 (or other radios). The 6 GHz band is available only for WiFi 6 traffic, allowing WiFi 6 to meet its intended potential
- AI-Driven Mesh - Deco XE75 delivers smart WiFi that follows you wherever you are, without interruption. It automatically learns your network environment, client quality, and user behaviors
- WHOLE-HOME COVERAGE - The eero mesh WiFi system brings up to 4,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA- With eero and an Alexa device (not included), you can easily manage wifi access for network profiles to take focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- WORKS WITH YOUR INTERENT SERVICE PROVIDER- eero replaces your wifi router and works with most major internet service providers.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- DON'T LET WIFI SLOW YOU DOWN- Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working across your home.
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good(2×2/HE160 2402 Mbps plus 2×2 574 Mbps)
- Whole Home WiFi Coverage - Covers up to 6500 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering. Better than traditional WiFi booster and Range Extenders
- Connect More Devices - Deco X55(3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi
- More Gigabit Ports - Each Deco X55 has 3 Gigabit Ethernet ports(9 in total for a 3-pack) and supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul for better speeds. Any of them can work as a Wi-Fi Router
- AI-Driven Mesh - Intelligently learns the network environment to provide ideal WiFi unique to your home
- If you're looking to ditch your traditional router extender setup for a whole Home Wi-Fi system, put the TP-Link Deco M5 Wi-Fi system on your short list PC mag said
- Better coverage than traditional Wi-Fi routers: Deco M5 uses 3 units working seamlessly to create a mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 square feet. No dead zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable Wi-Fi: Rather than Wi-Fi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M5 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- TP-Link unique Adaptive routing technology automatically chooses the fastest path for every device and allows for more flexible placement than a satellite system
- Secure Wi-Fi Mesh Network: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring Next-level Antivirus, Robust Parental Controls, and QoS
- EERO’S FIRST Wi-Fi 6E SYSTEM - eero Pro 6E supports fast speeds and access to the new 6 GHz band when using Wi-Fi 6E devices, resulting in lower latency across your network, even for non Wi-Fi 6E devices. Backward-compatible with previous-generation eero devices.
- EERO’S FASTEST SYSTEM YET - Supports network speeds up to 2.3 Gbps — including wired speeds of up to a gigabit and wireless speeds of up to 1.6 Gbps. Enables gigabit+ internet plans when using the 2.5 Gb Ethernet port.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES - Network coverage up to 6,000 sq ft and support for 100+ connected devices.
- EXPERIENCE THE EERO TRUEMESH DIFFERENCE - eero’s patented TrueMesh technology intelligently routes traffic to reduce drop-offs and dead spots.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good
- Whole Home Wi-Fi Coverage - Cover up to 5800 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering Better than traditional Wi-Fi booster
- Connect More Devices - With Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Deco X20 (3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi. Smartphone/Tablet Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- Peace of Mind with Parental Controls - Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize Wi-Fi access for every person and device in your home
- Creates a Mesh WiFi network that blankets your home in super fast, seamless WiFi room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor. Replaces your old router, works with your modem and internet service provider like Comcast, AT&T, Verizon Fios, and more.
- Eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering with 6,000 square feet of consistent coverage at speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (gigabytes per second)
- Circle Smart Parental Controls–A smart way for families to manage content and time online on any connected device.
- NETGEAR Armor Built in anti virus and data theft protection for all of your smartphones and computers. Protects your connected home from internet threats. Included trial covers unlimited devices
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time the difference is tri band technology, others use dual band
- WHOLE-HOME WI-FI 6 COVERAGE - an eero 6 3-pack covers up to 4,500 sq ft. with wifi and supports wifi speeds up to 500 Mbps.
- SAY GOODBYE TO DEAD SPOTS AND BUFFERING - eero’s mesh wifi technology optimizes for your space—so you can confidently stream 4K video, game, and video conference across your home.
- MORE WIFI FOR MORE DEVICES - Wi-Fi 6 supports faster wifi than prior standards and permits 75+ connected devices.
- SET UP IN MINUTES - The eero app walks you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere. Plus, free customer support is available 7 days a week.
- CONNECT TO ALEXA - eero 6 doubles as a Zigbee smart home hub, making it easy to connect and control compatible devices on your network with Alexa.
Best Mesh Wi Fi Systems Buying Guide
Before choosing the best mesh wifi system you should consider following options:
1. The number of access points you need: First and foremost, you need to determine the number of access points you need. This will depend on a number of factors, including the size of the building, the layout of the building and the number of people using the Wi-Fi connection at the same time.
2. Wi-Fi channel selection: A Wi-Fi channel is a radio band that network devices use to communicate. If multiple wireless networks are operating nearby, it’s important to select channels that are not being used by other networks so that there’s no interference.
3. Network layout: The network’s layout also has a significant impact on Wi-Fi performance. For example, the location of the access points and the number of walls, floors and obstructions that the signal must go through will influence the strength and reliability of the Wi-Fi connection.
4. Number of clients and applications used: The number of computers, tablets and mobile devices simultaneously connected to the Wi-Fi network, as well as the types of applications used, will impact Wi-Fi performance.
5. Coverage area: The location and number of access points will impact the Wi-Fi coverage area. The size, shape and layout of a building will also affect Wi-Fi performance.
6. Wi-Fi standards: All of the access points must use the same Wi-Fi standard. This will ensure that all of the devices used can connect to the network.
What else you should know about mesh wi fi systems
1. What are the benefits of a mesh WiFi system?
Mesh WiFi systems are designed to provide better coverage than a traditional WiFi router. They can be used to extend the reach of a WiFi network into areas where the signal is weak or obstructed. Mesh WiFi systems can also be used to create a WiFi network in a large home or office, or to provide WiFi coverage to a specific area, such as a patio or deck.
2. How does a mesh WiFi system work?
A mesh WiFi system consists of a main router that is connected to the internet and a series of satellite nodes that extend the WiFi signal throughout your home or office. The main router and satellite nodes communicate with each other to create a mesh network that provides coverage for a large area.
3. What are the best mesh WiFi systems?
There are many great mesh WiFi systems on the market, but some of our favorites include the eero Home WiFi System, the Google Nest WiFi System, the AmpliFi HD WiFi System, and the Luma Home WiFi System.
4. How do I set up a mesh WiFi system?
To set up a mesh WiFi system, you will need to connect the main unit to your modem or router, and then connect the satellite units to the main unit.
5. How do I troubleshoot a mesh WiFi system?
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot your mesh WiFi system. First, check to make sure that all of your devices are connected to the system and that the system is turned on. Next, check the signal strength of the system to make sure that it is strong enough to reach all of your devices. Finally, check for any interference that may be causing problems with the system.
On the market, there are numerous best mesh wi fi systems. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best mesh wi fi systems will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.