They have been the displays of choice for many businesses and retailers, and video walls are now becoming standard at tradeshows and events. But if you’re going to spend the money on a professional-grade display, you want to make sure it’s installed correctly and working optimally. That’s where a video wall controller comes in.
Here, we’ve rounded up the best video wall controllers for professional displays.
Our Editor’s Best Video Wall Controllers Reviews
- 【180° Rotation for HDTV 】 If using the HDTV as the screen, it allows you to rotate the screen 180°. You can install the TVs in an orientation with the thinnest edges. Input devices can support up to 4k, but output devices up to 1080P. If your remote doesn't work, please contact us.
- 【Easy Installation & Operation】 Plug and play, no driver needed. A remote control is provided for your easy control, you can also push buttons on the controller directly. It does compatibe with the samsung TV. Please use the high-quality hdmi cable. Input supprots 4k, output only 1080P If the image blurs, please adjust the input and output resolution to 1080P.
- 【Create Large 2 x2 Video Wall】 2x2 Video Wall Controller allows you to create eye-catching large format video walls and digital signage displays via LCD splicing screens. Up to 8 display modes for your choice. It can rotate for any mode and more easier than before Please choose the professional video wall instead of TV. Please use the HDMI to HDMI CABLE 19-1 connecting the TV instead of hdmi to DVI cable.
- 【4K@60Hz input and 1080P output】Both the HDMI input and output support up to 1920*1080P@60Hz display. Compatible with Computer, laptop, set-top box, DVD player can all be the perfect signal sources. Supported audio formats: PCM 2.0, not supported: Dolby Digital and DTS. When input devices is 4k, it only display 1080P. Please contact us by amazon question if you have any problem.
- 【Independent audio settings 】It has an individual audio port to connect speaker. As long as the input devices have the audio, the monitor will has the audio by this hdmi video wall controller 2x2 Feel free to contact us when you need help. Please use the high quality hdmi cable if it blinks or work seamlessly between TVs.
- Multiple splicing mode with 4 HDMI outputs (2x2, 1x4,4x1,1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 1x3, max 4x5 for multiple devices cascade connections)
- Support 3840*2160 4K@60Hz HDMI 2.0, 3840*2160 4K@30Hz HDMI 1.4, and 3840*2160 4K@60Hz DP 1.2 inputs, you can display them at the same time
- Support multiple display mode preset, and one key quickly call to switch display
- Support 90/180/270 degree or mirror display, and crop image, edge mask functions
- Support buttons and remote control
- 【2X2 Large Screen Video Wall】This video wall controller supports 1 HDMI or 1 DVI input(such as PC, laptop, DVD, etc) and 4 HDMI outputs. The video wall splicer can split a complete HDMI HD image signal into 4 blocks for distribution to 4 video display units, such as rear projection units, LCD TVs, etc.
- 【8 Display Modes】Multiple splicing modes: 2x2, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x1, 3x1, and 4x1 satisfy diverse splicing needs. It meets has a significant role in the field of shopping mall video exhibition and security. Also, support RS232 advanced remote control.
- 【180°Screen Rotation & Edge Mask】If using the HDTV as the screen, it allows you to rotate the screen 180°. It's exciting that you can install the TVs in an orientation with the thinnest edges. But your input devices must be 1080P@60Hz. Note: 180°rotation can work only in 2x2 mode.
- 【1080P HD Display Resolution】Both the HDMI input and output support up to 1920*1080P@60Hz display. It also has an individual 3.5mm stereo audio port that can connect to the external speaker, amplifier, sound bar, etc. Please set the resolution of all screens to 1080p to ensure works well.
- 【High-Quality Materials】Made of alloy process material, anti-interference & corrosion resistance ensure excellent heat dissipation performance and long service life.
- Input & Output Support: Our splicing controller supports HDMI input. 4 way HDMI interface output. Support video pause, fast forward, loop playback, program list and other functions. Computer, laptop, set-top box, DVD player can all be perfect sources
- Multi-splicing Modes: Our video processor can output from 4 channels, support multiple modes display 2x2, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1. It has strong compatibility and supports most brand products on the market. Suitable for LCD TV, projector, DLP, plasma display, etc. Let us enjoy movie-level picture quality at home at any time
- HD Display: The video wall display has the AUDIO own audio decoding and separation output port, which can be connected to audio, Input devices can support up to 4k, but output devices up to 1080P, restore the original appearance of the image, and present a natural and complete picture, no details are missed, and the colors are real and clearly visible
- 180 Degree Flip: In 2x2 mode, the TV wall processor also has the function of 180 degree mirror flip per screen, which greatly reduces the LCD splicing gap and reduces the image distortion caused by excessive side seams
- Remotely Control: The splicing processor does not need computer control, plug and play, no driver, and can be remotely operated directly through the remote control. The IR receiving port of the infrared remote control has a quick setting function
- Multiple splicing mode with 4 HDMI outputs (2x2, 1x4,4x1,1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 1x3)
- Support 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, 1 VGA, 1 USB inputs switch
- Support mirror and edge mask functions
- Support multiple devices cascade connection max for 4x5 splicing
- Support RS232, buttons and remote control
- Easy to operate: plug and play, no driver installation. supports 1-way HDMI or DVI input and 4-way HDMI output signal, connecting to 4 LCD TV or other display devices such as projectors, DLP, plasma and other display unit
- 8 display modes: support 2x2,1x1,1x2,1x3,1x4,2x1,3x1,4x1 providing diversities on the display options
- Input compliant with HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.4, Input Video Resolutions: 1920x1080P 25/30/50/60Hz, 3840x2160P 25/30Hz; Output Resolution: 1920x1080P 25/30/50/60Hz
- Supported Audio Formats - PCM 2.0, Does Not Support: Dolby Digital and DTS. Audio does not pass through to the displays, external sound system – speaker/ sound bar is needed if audio output is required
- Featured with 180-degree image flip function for each screen
- 1 in 4 out for 4K UHD Video Wall: It supports 1 channel HDMI signal input, max resolution reach 3840*2160@30Hz. With 4 channels HDMI output port, each output port resolution support 1920*1080@60Hz or 1920x1200@60Hz. You can connect it with max 4 TVs to do splicing display.
- Multiple Splice Mode: It supports 2x2, 1x2, 2x1, 1x3, 3x1, 1x4, 4x1.... max 4x5 (multiple devices cascade connections) splicing mode, you can use it at different TV wall.
- Rotate 180 Degrees: Each output port can output the image rotated 180 degrees, if you install the TV rotated 180 degrees, you will also can get the normal image display.
- Plug and Play, One Key Configuration: Only 1 input port and 4 output ports, it is very simple for connection and installation. With 5 buttons for 5 display modes, just need to press 1 button to done the configuration. You can also use remote control to setup the advanced functions.
- Professional Design, Stable Work for 24x7: Equipped with silent fan, keep equipment at a reasonable temperature range, it can work stably for 24x7 without any noise.
- 4-Channel: Distributes one HDMI or DVI device (computer, laptop, DVD player, console etc.) on 4 screens simultaneously. Plug & Play: No driver needed. 180° Image Rotation & Edge Masking supported
- 8 Display Modes - 2x2, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1 provide extra diversities on the display options. Cascading Mode - 2x4, 2x8 with additional units. Transmit HDMI signal for up to 100 feet without losing picture quality.
- Supported Input Video Resolutions: 4K@ 25/30Hz, 1080p @ 25/30/50/60HZ, 1080i @ 50/60Hz (For Direct TV and other broadcast satellites); Output Resolution: 1080p @ 60Hz (in each display)
- Supported Audio Formats - PCM 2.0, Does Not Support: Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Warranty & Tech Support - 2 Years Hassle-Free Warranty and Free Lifetime Tech Support.
- 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 - Route any 4K@60Hz 4:2:0 input signals to any combination of 4 output displays seamlessly with no switching delay or picture loss.
- 𝟓 𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐒 - Each HDMI output can choose from 5 different multiviewer presets allowing the end user to view all 4 source signals on one screen (2×2, 1x3L, 1x3U, 1×4, 4×1)
- 𝟏𝟎 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒- 4 HDMI outputs allow user to create 10 different video wall configurations including 2×2, 1×4 and 4×1. Rotate function allows the user to flip any output image 180°.
- 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 - Take advantage of the JTECH-VWM04 ‘s versatility and upscale or downscale your output resolution to 4K30HZ/ 1080P / 720P / 2560 x 1440 / 1920 x 1200 / 1360 x 768
- 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓 – All J-Tech Digital products include a One-Year Manufacturer Replacement Warranty and free lifetime technical support from our customer support team located in Sugar Land, TX. Support is available from 9AM – 6PM CST, Monday through Friday. Contact information available on our seller page.
- It supports 1HD Multimedia Interface input and 4 outputs of this type, which combines 4 video display units into a large dynamic image screen.
- Simple operating procedures, porous convection heat dissipation design and non-slip design are good reasons for you to choose it.
- It supports splicing modes like 2x2 splicing, 1x2 splicing, 2x1 splicing, 1x3 splicing, 1x4 splicing, 4x1 splicing, 3x1 splicing
- Neither the 5 transmitters nor the receiver box require a power source and no additional software or internet connection is required.
- This video wall controller is of wide compatibility, thus it supports any TV as long as it is equipped with a HD input.
Best Video Wall Controllers Buying Guide
Before choosing the best video wall controller you should consider following options:
1. Resolution: When choosing a video wall controller, you will need to consider the resolution of the screen. If you are likely to use your screen for photo or video playback, then it is advisable to invest in a higher resolution.
This will allow you to view the content in greater detail. The resolution of a screen is typically measured in pixels and can range from 800×600 to 2560×1600.
A higher resolution will typically mean a higher cost. Therefore, you will need to consider what your intended use case will be to determine the ideal resolution for your video wall.
2. Diagonal Measurement: Depending on the purpose of your video wall, you may need to consider the diagonal measurement of the screen.
Typically, screens are measured in inches and equal the width multiplied by the height. For example, a 16:9 screen has a diagonal measurement of 1920×1080.
Video walls typically span several monitors, and the user will see a combination of images from each screen.
Depending on the layout, the user may not always see all of the screens at a given time and may only see some of the images in the video wall during playback.
For this reason, it is important to consider the diagonal measurement of your screen. This will ensure that the video wall is large enough to accommodate the content you intend to view.
3. Resolution and Diagonal Measurement: The ideal resolution and diagonal measurement of a video wall will depend on the type of content that you intend to view and how the video wall will be used.
Typically, if you intend to view high resolution content, such as video or photo, then a higher resolution is preferred. With that said, keep in mind that the higher the resolution, the higher the cost.
On the other hand, if the content that you are likely to view is lower resolution, then a lower resolution monitor will suffice.
For example, if you are likely to view either video or photo content, then a resolution of 1920×1080 is preferred. This will allow you to view the content at a higher resolution.
If you are likely to view mostly lower resolution content, such as text or images, then a resolution of 1280×1024 is recommended. This will allow you to view the content at a reasonable size.
4. Brightness: Typically, video walls are used in public areas and are likely to be used for long periods of time. This means that the screen must be visible in a variety of lighting conditions.
In order for the video wall to be usable in different lighting conditions, it is important to ensure that the screen is bright enough.
Typically, video wall screens are measured in nits and range from 500 to 5000. The higher the number, the brighter the screen. Keep in mind that a brighter screen will typically cost more.
5. Color Gamut: The color gamut of a video wall controller is important to keep in mind when determining the ideal screen for your use case.
Typically, video wall screens are measured in CIE 1931 and 1976. The 1976 measurement refers to a smaller color gamut, which is ideal for high-quality content.
The 1931 measurement refers to a larger color gamut, which is ideal for photo and video playback. Keep in mind that the larger color gamut will typically cost more.
6. Connectivity: Typically, video wall screens will be used in public areas and will be connected to a variety of content sources.
It is important to keep in mind the connectivity that is
What else you should know about video wall controllers
1. What are the benefits of using a video wall controller?
There are many benefits to using a video wall controller, including the ability to create custom layouts, the ability to control multiple displays from a single device, the ability to display high-resolution content, and the ability to daisy-chain multiple controllers to create even larger video walls.
2. How does a video wall controller work?
A video wall controller is a device that allows the user to control multiple displays in a video wall. The controller can be used to select which video signal is sent to each display, as well as to adjust the position, size, and resolution of each display.
3. What are the different types of video wall controllers?
There are several different types of video wall controllers on the market, each with their own unique set of features and benefits. Some of the most popular video wall controllers include:
1. Standalone Video Wall Controllers: These controllers are designed to be used with a single display or projector, and offer a simple, cost-effective solution for those looking to create a small video wall.
2. Multi-Screen Video Wall Controllers: These controllers are designed to be used with multiple displays or projectors, and offer a more powerful solution for those looking to create a larger video wall.
3. Networked Video Wall Controllers: These controllers are designed to be used with a network of displays or projectors, and offer a scalable, flexible solution for those looking to create a large video wall.
4. Interactive Video Wall Controllers: These controllers are designed to be used with interactive displays or projectors, and offer a unique solution for those looking to create a video wall that can be interacted with.
4. What are the features of a video wall controller?
A video wall controller is a specialized computer that is used to power and control a video wall. A video wall is a large display made up of multiple smaller displays, which are typically connected together to form a single, large display surface.
A video wall controller typically includes a number of input ports that can be used to connect to various types of video sources, as well as a number of output ports that are used to connect to the displays that make up the video wall. The controller also includes specialized software that is used to control the video wall, including the ability to display multiple video sources on the wall simultaneously.
5. How do I choose the right video wall controller for my needs?
The right video wall controller for your needs will depend on the specific requirements of your application. Some factors to consider include the number of displays in your video wall, the resolution of your displays, the refresh rate of your displays, and the type of content you will be displaying.
On the market, there are numerous best video wall controllers. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best video wall controllers will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.