In order to reap the benefits of vitamin A, it’s important to get enough of it in your diet, and most people are able to do this by eating a variety of nutrient-rich foods such as fatty fish, liver, cheese, yogurt, and eggs. But if you’re not eating those foods regularly, a vitamin A supplement could be a good fit for you.
A vitamin A supplement can round out your diet if you’re not getting enough from food, especially if you’re vegetarian or vegan, as these nutrients are more difficult to obtain from plant-based foods. Plus, these supplements can also be a convenient alternative if you’re not a fan of liver or fish, or if you’re pressed for time and don’t have time to eat at least three meals a day.
Read on to learn more about the different forms of vitamin A, how to choose the best vitamin A supplements, and how to take them.
Our Editor’s Best Vitamin A Supplements Reviews
- Nervous System: Promotes an optimally functioning nervous system and healthy nerve cells
- Cellular Energy: B vitamins promote cellular energy production by supporting the conversion of carbohydrates into energy, as well as the metabolism of fats and proteins
- Complete Formula: An optimal balance of eight B vitamins, plus choline, in their active form to enhance absorption in the body
- Free From: Doesn't contain gluten, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, dairy, soy, fish, or shellfish
- Trusted: Thorne is chosen by champions and trusted by 100+ pro teams. Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content. Thorne is also a proud partner of 11 U.S. Olympic Teams
- WHOLE FOOD-BASED FORMULA: Our Organic Whole Food Multivitamin contains a full spectrum of essential vitamins and minerals in a convenient, once daily tablet.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC: We source 100% of our vitamins and minerals from organically grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices: just the way nature intended.
- NO SYNTHETIC VITAMINS: Bragg Multivitamin uses a highly bioavailable formula with real food-sourced vitamins in their most absorbable state (e.g., B12 as Methylcobalamin).
- ENERGY, IMMUNITY, BEAUTY SUPPLEMENT: Specifically formulated for adult daily wellness support, with ingredients that are important for energy, metabolism, hair and skin health, and heart and immune function.
- THOUGHTFULLY CHOSEN INGREDIENTS: Bragg packs over 100 years of wisdom in every tablet. Our science-backed products are made with thoughtfully selected, plant-forward ingredients for vibrant living. Our supplements are Non-GMO Project Verified, Calorie-Free, Vegan, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Carbohydrate-Free, Kosher, and do not contain any artificial flavors or colors.
- [Stress Support Formula] Do you get overwhelmed by daily stressors? We know the feeling! Which is why we created Zen. It's expertly curated with herbs, vitamins, and adaptogens to support your daily stressors and help you live in a zen state of mind!
- [Stay Focused and Calm] You deserve to live a happy, healthy life. That's why we combine superfoods like Passionflower & Niacinamide powder with Riboflavin and magnesium in our products so you can be more positive throughout your day!
- [Vitamins for Men and Women] Zen's vitamin supplement is a vegan daily multivitamin for women and men who want to help improve their mood. We use naturally sourced herbal ingredients to help cultivate a positive sense of well-being.
- [Premium Herbal Ingredients] WellPath Zen's calming vitamin features Ashwagandha, an Ayurvedic herb known to assist with balancing occasional stress; Rhodiola Rosea, L-Theanine, Hawthorn Leaf, Lemon Balm & more! Designed for your daily stress relief
- [Featuring Ashwagandha + Rhodiola Rosea] Ashwagandha & Rhodiola Rosea are adaptogenic herbs known for their ability to help the body adapt to stress & improve energy levels.
- 794 Pages - M. Evans& Co Inc (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Mangan, P. D. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 237 Pages - 05/12/2017 (Publication Date) - Phalanx Press (Publisher)
- Easy grab: this pill Organizer has patented lift ramps to easily guide tablets out of their containers. This is the perfect pill Organizer for seniors, caregivers, or those with arthritis. A smart alternative to an outdated pill box
- Simple to use: includes 14 pill holders labeled by day and color coded to easily keep track of the pills you’ve taken. Never miss a dose or take too many. Transparent design allows you to quickly see your pills and stay organized
- Magnetic closure: Made with durable polyester, The pill holder folds open and closed to keep your pills private, while the magnetic system connects case to cover and silicone lid keeps pills securely in place
- Lightweight portable: easily fits in your purse, backpack, luggage, carry on, laptop bag, or suitcase. Perfect for prescription medications and daily pills like ibuprofen, vitamins, allergy medicine, aspirin, supplements, and More (folded 4x7. 25in)
- Includes: Medical reference card to list your important Medical information in case of emergency, with space for name, emergency contact, Physician, Medical conditions, allergies, and More. Easily stores in interior plastic pocket
- Thiel Ph.D., Robert (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 146 Pages - 01/07/2019 (Publication Date) - Nazarene Books (Publisher)
- Schulman, Robert (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 672 Pages - 01/01/2006 (Publication Date) - Rodale Books (Publisher)
- Elderberry & Sea Moss Gummies - Our elderberry gummies are made of premium sea moss 1500mg, 1000mg black elderberry, 350mg vitamin C, 150mg vitamin D3 and 15mg zinc of per serving. The sambucus black elderberry gummies with zinc and vitamin c for adults & kids that are specially formed with the highest quality and natural organic elderberry extract ingredients to keep your health.
- 5 IN 1 Immune Support - Black sambucus elderberry gummies with zinc and vitamin c, vitamin D3 is a powerful immune support supplement. It’s particularly good at helping you to increase immune defenses. Our sea moss & elderberry gummies provide your vitamin & mineral supplements to increase immune support, while in rich sea moss provides thyroid and digestive health support.
- With Zinc and Vitamin C, D3 - Elderberry gummies are rich in zinc and vitamin C, D3 to keep your health immune system in top shape. Elderberry immune support gummies supplements which helps to overcome any nutritional gaps in your regular diet. Elderberry vitamin c and zinc with sea moss gummies minerals to benefits for our life.
- Multiple Health Benefits - The high fiber content of the organic elderberry extract can help to reduce constipation, and increase the health of the gastrointestinal system. The Sea moss & elderberry gummies for kids and adults also help boosts immunity, Energy Boost, and skin care health for added benefits.
- Delicious & Easy Chew - Our elderberry gummies are delicious for adults and kids 4+ years old, make your daily dose of much-needed nutrition vitamins and take 2 to 4 gummies daily for best results.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) and vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7 [MK-7]) are highly bioavailable and bioactive forms of these essential nutrients, with vitamin K2 providing 24-hour protection in a single dose. Together, these nutrients help guide calcium away from soft tissues, such as blood vessels, and into the bones and teeth where it is most needed.*
- Fat-soluble MK-7 is the only form of vitamin K2 to offer 24-hour protection from a single daily dose. Other forms of vitamin K2, such as MK-4, need to be taken at a much higher dosage to provide benefits to health and only last four to six hours in the body before they are eliminated*
- Vitamin D is also a fat-soluble vitamin essential for calcium absorption, playing an important role in the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth*
- Free of artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, starch, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, or GMOs.
- WHY CHOOSE WEBBER NATURALS: Our commitment to quality starts with our farms, where many of our ingredients are grown, and carries on through every stage of development, formulation, and manufacture. We test all raw materials and finished product for quality, purity, and efficiency, paying close attention to every detail, so that you can focus on what really matters – your health
Best Vitamin A Supplements Buying Guide
1. Calcium-rich foods: Calcium is an important mineral for bone health. Foods that are rich sources of calcium include dairy products such as milk and yogurt. Other foods rich in calcium include fish with bones, leafy greens, sardines, almonds, and dried beans.
2. Vitamin D-rich foods: Vitamin D is essential for bone health. However, you can also get some vitamin D from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. You can make sure you get enough vitamin D by eating foods that are rich in vitamin D. Some sources of vitamin D include fish such as salmon, fish oils, eggs, liver, and vitamin D-fortified milk.
3. Vitamin K-rich foods: Vitamin K is essential for blood clotting. Some sources of vitamin K include leafy greens such as kale and spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, and liver.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids: Fish is a rich source of fatty acids. Other good sources include nuts, seeds, and cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring.
5. Iron-rich foods: Iron is an essential mineral for red blood cells. Iron-rich foods include red meat, chicken breast, eggs, lentils, beans, spinach, and dark leafy greens.
6. Protein-rich foods: Protein is essential for muscle growth and maintenance. Some protein-rich foods include fish, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, lentils, beans, nuts, and seeds.
7. Whole grains: Whole grains are good sources of fiber. Some sources of whole grains are oats, whole-grain bread, brown rice, and whole-wheat pasta.
8. Healthy fats: Healthy fats are good for the heart and reduce inflammation. Some good sources of healthy fats are fish oils, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocados, and cold-pressed vegetable oils.
9. Healthy whole foods: Choose a wide variety of nutrient-rich foods to ensure your body gets the essential vitamins and minerals it needs. Avoid processed foods that are high in saturated fats, cholesterol, sodium, and refined sugars.
10. Healthy drinks: Drink plenty of water every day. Water is essential for many bodily functions. However, also consider drinking low-calorie beverages, such as unsweetened tea.
11. Whole grains: Whole grains are good sources of fiber. Some sources of whole grains are oats, whole-grain bread, brown rice, and whole-wheat pasta.
12. Healthy fats: Healthy fats are good for the heart and reduce inflammation. Some good sources of healthy fats are fish oils, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocados, and cold-pressed vegetable oils.
13. Protein-rich foods: Protein is essential for muscle growth and maintenance. Some protein-rich foods include fish, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, lentils, beans, nuts, and seeds.
14. Omega-3 fatty acids: Fish is a rich source of fatty acids. Other good sources include nuts, seeds, and cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring.
15. Iron-rich foods: Iron is an essential mineral for red blood cells. Iron-rich foods include red meat, chicken breast, eggs, lentils, beans, spinach, and dark leafy greens.
16. Calcium-rich foods: Calcium is an important mineral for bone health. Foods that are rich sources of calcium include dairy products such as milk and yogurt. Other foods rich in calcium include fish with bones,
What else you should know about vitamin a supplements
1. What are the benefits of taking vitamin A supplements?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the benefits of taking vitamin A supplements depend on the individual’s health status and dietary habits. Some potential benefits associated with taking vitamin A supplements include supporting immune function, vision health, and skin health. However, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional before starting any supplement regimen to ensure that it is right for you.
2. What are the risks of taking vitamin A supplements?
The risks of taking vitamin A supplements include an increased risk for liver toxicity, birth defects, and headaches.
3. What are the side effects of taking vitamin A supplements?
The side effects of taking too much vitamin A can include headaches, nausea, vomiting, dry skin, and joint pain.
4. What are the best sources of vitamin A?
Some good sources of vitamin A are carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, and kale.
5. How much vitamin A should I take each day?
There is no recommended daily allowance for vitamin A, as it is a vitamin that can be toxic in large doses. However, the Institute of Medicine recommends a daily intake of 700 micrograms for women and 900 micrograms for men.
On the market, there are numerous best vitamin a supplements. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best vitamin a supplements will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.