You’ve heard a lot about folic acid, the synthetic form of vitamin B9, and how important it is for pregnant women and those planning to become pregnant. But did you know that folic acid is also an important part of a healthy, non-pregnant diet for everyone? That’s because it’s a water-soluble vitamin that your body can’t store, so you need to replenish it regularly.
As part of a healthy diet, folic acid is important for the production of red blood cells, which in turn carry oxygen to all of your body’s cells. If you don’t have enough folic acid, you may become fatigued and lightheaded, and you may develop anemia.
Folic acid also plays an important role in the production of DNA, so it’s especially important for pregnant women to make sure they’re getting enough. Folic acid helps prevent neural tube birth defects like spina bifida, so before you become pregnant, it’s important to make sure you’re getting enough.
To help make sure you’re getting enough folic acid, we’ve rounded up the best vitamin b9 folic acid supplements.
Our Editor’s Best Vitamin B9 Folic Acid Supplements Reviews
- ☑️ BOOST BRAIN FUNCTION - Studies suggest that optimal folic acid levels helps keep brain function in check. This liquid folic acid supplement can be your ally in steering clear of cognitive decline.
- ☑️ GOOD FOR YOUR GUT - B vitamins like folic acid play a vital role in stimulating digestive acids. Let our liquid folic acid vitamins help facilitate proper digestion and boost overall wellness.
- ☑️ LIVER CARE - Folate deficiency is bad for the liver. Folic vitamins boost the regeneration of cells as well as DNA synthesis or repair which translates to metabolic benefits, especially in the liver.
- ☑️ FORMULATED WITH NO FILLERS - We leave out the fluff and keep only the good stuff. This folic acid vitamin supplement is non-GMO.
- ☑️ ONLY NATURAL GOODNESS - Give your body only what it needs. This Vitamin B9-Folic Acid supplement is vegan friendly, non-alcoholic and quality tested.
- ✔️Essential B Vitamin for Daily Intake: Folic Acid or Vitamin B9, one of Vitamin Bs, is one of the essential daily vitamins for daily intake. And, our Folic Acid powder, a folate supplement, is a great souce of Vitamin B9 and it's important for body.* Take our Folic Acid 1000 mcg, which is Folic Acid softgels form, for daily vitamin B intake!
- ✔️ All-in-One Supplement: Folic Acid, or Vitamin B9, can be obtained through diet or supplementation. Get the brain boost you need with Folic Acid supplement! Our Folic Acid 1000 mcg softgels are an essential B vitamin for cognitive health, focus and concentration.* Plus, supplying your body with these essential B vitamin also supports energy production for an active & healthy lifestyle.*
- ✔️ B-Vitamin for Women's Health: Looking to help support your overvall health? Folic Acid, a folate supplement for women, is a must vitamin for women and can be obtained through supplementation and diet. And, our Folic Acid Softgels, B9 Vitamin, is a great way to add Vitamin B9 in daily diet of women. Take 1 Folic Acid pill daily for daily intake of this folate supplement!
- ✔️ Easy to Take Softgels: Our Folic Acid in softgel form is a water-soluble B vitamin for your daily intake. Plus, this Folic Acid supplement, in Folic Acid softgels, are easy to swallow and digest, making it a convenient way to get your daily dose of 1000 mcg of folic acid per serving.* Start each day off on the right foot with our Folic Acid.
- ⭐ High Quality: Get the most out of your folic acid supplement with our Folic Acid 1000 mcg softgels! Our Folic Acid softgels, in Folic Acid 1mg, is made to cGMP standards and third party tested for quality assurance, meaning you can rest assured that your supplement has met all requirements for consistency and potency.
- ✔️Essential B Vitamin for Daily Intake: Folic Acid or Vitamin B9, one of Vitamin Bs, is one of the essential daily vitamins for daily intake. And, our Folic Acid powder, a folate supplement, is a great souce of Vitamin B9 and it's important for body.* Take our Folic Acid 800 mcg, which is Folic Acid powder form, for daily vitamin B intake!
- "✔️ All-in-One Supplement: Folic Acid, or Vitamin B9, can be obtained through diet or supplementation. Get the brain boost you need with Folic Acid supplement! Our Folic Acid 800 mcg powder is an essential B vitamin for cognitive health, focus and concentration.* Plus, supplying your body with these essential B vitamin also supports energy production for an active & healthy lifestyle.* "
- ✔️ B-Vitamin for Women's Health: Looking to help support your overvall health? Folic Acid, a folate supplement for women, is a must vitamin for women and can be obtained through supplementation and diet. And, our Folic Acid powder, B9 Vitamin supplement, is a great way to add Vitamin B9 in daily diet of women.* Always use a milligram scale to measure!
- ✨ Pure & Gluten Free Vitamin: Our Folic Acid Powder contains 800 mcg DFE or 480 mcg that is pure, natural and without any artificial flavors! Enjoy its free-from attributes such as dairy, soy, gluten and sugar. Add or Folic Acid supplement to your favorite beverage for an extra boost of nutrition. Start each day off on the right foot with our Folic Acid.
- ⭐ High Quality: Get the most out of your folic acid supplement with our Folic Acid 800 mcg powder! Our Folic Acid powder is made to cGMP standards and third party tested for quality assurance, meaning you can rest assured that your supplement has met all requirements for consistency and potency.
- For Baby’s Health – Our folate supplement for women provides the important B9 vitamin that may help support baby’s healthy development before and during pregnancy.
- Prenatal Vitamins Supplement – Folic Acid is an important part of a prenatal vitamins regimen as adequate amounts may help reduce risk of brain and spinal cord defects in babies.
- Added Support – Each vegan capsule provides 470 mcg of folic acid (800 mcg DFE) and, taken consistently, is intended to help support normal red blood cell formation, tissue growth and heart function.
- Eco-Friendly – We use 100% PCR bottles, helping to keep plastic out of oceans and landfills, and have partnered with One Million Trees, an organization dedicated to global reforestation.
- Trusted Brand – Made in our GMP-certified facility, tested in our own state-of-the-art lab in Utah to bring you the best possible quality, and always includes a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- HEALTHY BLOOD CELLS: Vitamin B9 natural folic acid supplements help support the production of red blood cells, maintain healthy liver performance and promote a healthy immune system.
- BOOST ENERGY: This liquid vitamin B drops help convert carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into rich energy to enhance focus and improve your energy levels.
- PREGNANCY SUPPORT: This B Vitamin is recommended for pregnant women and those trying to conceive. The potent folate supplement for women can help prevent development of some birth defects.
- PURE, POTENT & MADE IN THE USA: HoneyCombs Industries Vitamin B liquids are manufactured in the USA with zero fillers, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and no gluten, soy, milk or egg.
- MICROLINGUAL VITAMINS - Folic acid tablets that dissolve instantly with no pills to swallow. Superior Source pioneered the world's best delivery system of MicroLingual vitamins that melt fast under the tongue and give max absorption for the body.
- INCREDIBLY PURE - Purity is the most important part of any effective supplement. Superior Source vitamins are 3rd party tested according to the highest purity standards. Manufactured in a GMP certified facility.
- MINIMAL FILLERS OR BINDERS - Hard compressed tablets require lots of binders to hold them together. Capsules are so large they usually contain synthetic lots of fillers and additives to fill up extra space. Our tiny tablets only contain the active nutrient (Folic Acid) and minimal other natural ingredients.
- SUPPORT BLOOD & NERVOUS SYSTEM - Folic acid ( vitamin B9) promotes the production and maintenance of new cells and supports nervous system health, energy metabolism, and healthy heart function. A standard for pregnant or nursing mothers to maintain blood balance, folic acid is an effective blood builder. These extra strength tablets are great vitamins for anemia.
- SUPERIOR SOURCE - Creating pure MicroLingual vitamins since 1998 in our own family owned manufacturing facility. We test all raw materials and inspect every bottle that comes off the line to maintain our incredibly high purity standards. We are a business built from love for health, wellness, fitness, nutrition, and the need for a better delivery system.
- Superior Form: Methyl Folate is the biologically active form of folic acid or essential vitamin B-9
- B for the Brain: 5-MTHF may readily cross the blood-brain barrier for healthy neurological support
- Heart Health: May help maintain normal homocysteine levels for healthy cardiovascular support
- ActivTab Tech: Guaranteed tablet disintegration within 30 minutes according to USP standards
- KAL Quality: Lab verified to ensure ingredient purity, potency, and identity
- Superior Form – A type of Vitamin B also known as Vitamin B9, l-methylfolate (5-MTHF) is the biologically active, bioavailable form of folic acid, designed to be readily utilized by the body.
- Heart & Brain Support – More easily absorbed than other forms of folic acid, methyl folate may help support normal DNA synthesis, homocysteine levels and cardiovascular health, as well as healthy neurological function and mood support.
- Folic Acid for Pregnancy – Because folate is essential to fetal development during the early stages, supplementation with methylated folate is recommended several months before conception and throughout the pregnancy.
- Smart Choice – We're proud to use eco-friendly, 100% PCR bottles made from plastic removed from oceans and landfills for a positive environmental impact.
- KAL Quality – Lab tested for potency and purity and manufactured in our GMP-certified facility in Utah to bring you the best possible quality, our Methylfolate 800mcg DFE comes with KAL's standard 60-day money back guarantee.
- 120 Berry Blend Flavored Gummies: Indulge your taste buds with the delightful fusion of berry flavors, making your daily dose of wellness a truly enjoyable experience.
- 1 mg of Folic Acid per Serving: Fuel your body with 1 mg of folic acid in every serving, contributing to your balanced lifestyle.
- Exceptional Value: With 120 servings in each bottle, Nutricost Folic Acid Gummies provide a generous supply to keep you nourished day after day.
- Premium Manufacturing Standards: Crafted in an NSF certified facility, these gummies are born from rigorous quality control and GMP compliant processes.
- Rigorously Tested: Every batch undergoes thorough testing by third-party, ISO accredited laboratories, ensuring the utmost purity, potency, and safety.
- Top Quality USDA Certified Organic Folic Acid (Folate) 800 mcg: Our product utilizes only certified organic folate from whole lemon peel extract. The lemons are grown on an organic farm without chemical pesticides or fertilizers.
- Prenatal Development: Folic Acid plays an important role in supporting healthy prenatal development.*
- Superior Quality: Laboratory tested and free of GMOs, Gluten and Soy. USDA Certified Organic and carefully manufactured at our cGMP registered facility in Hauppauge, New York.
- Trusted Since 1960: The pioneers of Bronson Vitamins were a group of pharmacists who witnessed the benefits of vitamins and mineral supplementation firsthand with their patients. Bronson Vitamins have been consistently mentioned by top medical professionals since our inception in 1960.
Best Vitamin B9 Folic Acid Supplements Buying Guide
Before choosing the best vitamin B9 Folate supplements you should consider following options:
1. The right dosage: The right dose depends on your health condition, age and gender. Generally, 400 micrograms of folic acid is recommended for adults.
“For pregnant women, the dose is 600 micrograms per day. Indians should take between 500 micrograms to 1000 micrograms per day,” says Dr. De.
2. Time of consumption: “Folic acid is water soluble. So, it’s not of much consequence when you take it,” says Dr. De. “But, it’s recommended that you take it with a meal.”
3. Look out for folate: While folic acid is the synthetic form of folate, it’s the best source to get the vitamin.
“Multivitamins contain folic acid, and so do some food supplements,” says Dr. De.
4. Look for the right dosage: It’s important to get the right dosage of your supplement.
“If you take too much of it, you can have side effects,” says Dr. De. These include gastrointestinal upset, nausea and vomiting.
5. Look out for other nutrients: “It’s important to get the right dose of folic acid, but it’s also important to get the right dose of other nutrients,” says Dr. De.
“It’s not just about folic acid. You need to get the right dose of other vitamins, minerals and probiotics.”
6. Make sure it’s safe: If you’re taking a vitamin supplement, make sure it’s manufactured in a good, hygienic environment, says Dr. De.
“It should be packaged in a good way. The bottle should have a tamper proof cap and the tablets should be intact.”
7. Look out for the right form: While folic acid is the synthetic form of folate, some supplements contain the natural form of the vitamin, called L-methylfolate.
“It’s important to know what you’re taking,” says Dr. De.
8. Look for a good brand: There are several good brands of folic acid supplements, says Dr. De.
“It’s important to know what you’re taking,” says Dr. De.
What else you should know about vitamin b9 folic acid supplements
1. What are the benefits of taking vitamin B9 folic acid supplements?
There are many benefits to taking vitamin Bfolic acid supplements, including reducing the risk of certain birth defects, improving heart health, and boosting cognitive function.
2. Are there any side effects associated with taking vitamin B9 folic acid supplements?
There are some potential side effects associated with taking vitamin B folic acid supplements. These include stomach upset, diarrhea, gas, bloating, and nausea.
3. What is the recommended dosage of vitamin B9 folic acid supplements?
The recommended dosage of vitamin B-folic acid supplements is 400 micrograms per day.
4. When is the best time to take vitamin B9 folic acid supplements?
The best time to take vitamin Bfolic acid supplements is before and during pregnancy.
5. Are there any interactions between vitamin B9 folic acid supplements and other medications?
There are no known negative interactions between vitamin B12 supplements and other medications.
On the market, there are numerous best vitamin b9 folic acid supplements. Hopefully, the list of the top ten best vitamin b9 folic acid supplements will save you time researching and deciding on the best one for you.